Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

That 25 is so realistic Jinty, it even looked to have the characteristic side-to-side roll as it left the tunnel. All joking aside though, I spent over thirty concentrated years trackside with camera and can think of a lot worse things than an imaginary Welsh Border lines 1970's scenario with Class 25's on goods and passenger workings.

The sun decided to stick its nose out this afternoon and I thought I'd set up the plank outside and introduce some real sky to the proceedings.

I apologise for the photo ######, but I thought the pictures came out quite well.

Craig suggested earlier that I should of tried some moody photos whilst the sky was anything but sunny. I think next time I will take him up on his suggestion, just for some tonal differences.

Anyway here are today's results. 5202 is getting too much attention!!!!!

If you click on the pictures you should get the 'Supersize' version.

post-14906-0-93809700-1524413902_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-15118300-1524413926_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-09812500-1524413943_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-65012200-1524414020_thumb.jpg

Right back to the workbench now!!!

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

The sun decided to stick its nose out this afternoon and I thought I'd set up the plank outside and introduce some real sky to the proceedings.

I apologise for the photo ######, but I thought the pictures came out quite well.

Craig suggested earlier that I should of tried some moody photos whilst the sky was anything but sunny. I think next time I will take him up on his suggestion, just for some tonal differences.

Anyway here are today's results. 5202 is getting too much attention!!!!!

If you click on the pictures you should get the 'Supersize' version.

attachicon.gifWB 285.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 286.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 287.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 288.jpg

Right back to the workbench now!!!

Jinty ;)

Is there a cure for constant dribbling and drooling? 

Certainly is Andy mate.....

post-20303-0-77605400-1525539727.jpg

:jester:

Thomas the Dribbling Tank Bib

Eh up here he is again ...... Confused of Swad!!!

Patience Mr P .... have you got that £1 final value fee offer off eBay this weekend ? If so get that 4mm fiddly stuff listed

Craig

Eh up here he is again ...... Confused of Swad!!!

Patience Mr P .... have you got that £1 final value fee offer off eBay this weekend ? If so get that 4mm fiddly stuff listed

Craig

Yeah I got that as well and working out what to do with it, hahahha. :no:  :sungum: 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the comments.

Well today whilst my bathroom was under upheaval I pottered around the workshop in between making cups of tea for the workforce.

I've started on the next couple of things to be coming across the workbench. 

Firstly there are two Lionheart 14t tank wagons in the weathering shop, so some pictures of those in due course.

Next we have a Bachmann Brassworks class 04 diesel shunter that is having the full monty, numbering, emblem, glazing, driver, weathering, sound, directional lights and cab lights. It has spent a few hours tootling along on my rolling road this afternoon ready for work to begin.

post-14906-0-66213000-1525979899_thumb.jpg

Next up is this Heljan Crompton class 33 which will be finished as D6568 in BR green with full yellow ends and retaining the white body side line all the way to the front. I prepared the front for priming by flatting the white line and the yellow panel edge, but after priming with Halfords white primer, the white line was still visible, seemingly it had etched itself into the plastic. I did try some filler primer over the top, but to no avail.

Drastic measures ensued and I attacked the front ends and flatted them both back to plastic. I did create a couple of deep scratches in the plastic, but these have now been filled with Knifing Stopper and smoothed, although it still looks untidy.

I have re-made the rivets with some brass 1mm rod shoved in from the back and I've also made up some replacement tail light cowlings with some brass tube, also glued into the holes drilled in the front panel. I've finished this end off with some Laurie Griffin cast lamp irons, again, glued into holes in their original position.

post-14906-0-00708100-1525979911_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-37676000-1525979921_thumb.jpg

The chassis has also had plenty of attention. I've fitted the chassis with a Zimo MX695 sound decoder coupled to two speakers. I then tested the sound and motor, only to find that there was a split gear in the power bogie. This was then changed for a good one and the whole chassis was tested on the track and found to run faultlessly.

So enough for today, the workers have just left (8:15pm), so I can settle down and chill out!

More very soon

Jinty ;)

• Like 7

Evening Jints, sorry the 33 has turned into a ball ache, and sorry for the late reply, just got back from a charity quiz for Wales Air Ambulance,

Hope the 33 doesn’t give you too much hassle

Bet regards

Craig

Nice work Jints, I'm looking forward to seeing both finished, and glad your water works are sorted mate.

Nothing wrong with me water works!!!!!!   :jester:

But the house is far from ok!!! another two days on it before it's finished. All down to bodge artists after the floods in 1990!!!!!!

Evening Jints, sorry the 33 has turned into a ball ache, and sorry for the late reply, just got back from a charity quiz for Wales Air Ambulance,

Hope the 33 doesn’t give you too much hassle

Bet regards

Craig

No bother Craig, I was probably hoping for too much that just flatting the white line would of worked. Anyway, on the road to completion now!

Jinty ;)

• Like 5

Nothing wrong with me water works!!!!!!   :jester:

But the house is far from ok!!! another two days on it before it's finished. All down to bodge artists after the floods in 1990!!!!!!

No bother Craig, I was probably hoping for too much that just flatting the white line would of worked. Anyway, on the road to completion now!

Jinty ;)

Good morning David, I have full faith in you’re skills, I look forward to seeing another layout mate for 5202 ;-)

Best regards

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

Not much been done on the WB this last couple of weeks with all the home improvements going on!!!!! :(

Anyway, I've had a little break from the tiling today to get stuck into a piece of trackwork for a friend's layout.

A facing crossover, drawn up in Templot and then built using copperclad, BH rail and solder.

It was built to O-MF standards but widened to 32mm at the exits to facilitate the other track on the layout fitting.

A test was done to check running with 4679 and a weighted down Dapol 16t Mineral wagon, just to check clearances and the electrickery side of things.

Here is a short video:

A second video was then done on DC to check that a LWB chassis would traverse the reverse curve ok.

The item of track will be posted off to its owner this coming week.

Jinty ;)

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Still not much done at the work bench, the bathroom shenanigans are still going on!!!!!

What I have got finished for its owner is a Sidelines Ex LMS Period II, D1782, 60' TK number M1499M and finished in a very work worn and dirty BR Crimson & Cream livery.

The state of the coach suggests it's near the end of its life, all were gone by May 1962, and will be more of a secondary use.

Buffers are Markits, Wheels Peartree, Trussrods from 2mm Brass angle,  Vac pipes Brassworks and steam pipes Laurie Griffin. The Stones Ventilators were scribed 1mm PETG and painted grey on the reverse. Notches had to be cut out of the roof profile to enable the ventilators to fit. The Glazing is 0.5mm PETG which needs a going over again to make it look like someone has at least tried to clean it.

Here are a few pictures of  M1499M on the photo plank.

post-14906-0-53775200-1529258759_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-96183600-1529258769_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-30936200-1529258780_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-67486400-1529258789_thumb.jpg

The photo plank is something else I'm wanting to change. I'll keep this one, but I intend to make a slightly bigger one with a more urban setting as photographing coaches in 7mm is rather difficult, without getting 12":1' scenery in the shot. That's a job for another day (or three)!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 7