Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

The driver in the Yellow Peril does look like one Brian Daniels!!!  Is he/it a Modelu figure?

Rod

Yes Rod he is, Alan's figures are excellent, bit of a job getting him in there, but he's in there nice and snug!!!

Here is the video of the 4F at Talyllyn, picking up my Hattons Warwell.

Jinty ;)

• Like 9

That happy chappie Andy is me. The loco will enhance Ramchester even more and I cant wait to get it back.

Thanks David for your valued efforts on my behalf it is very much appreciated.

Rod

Very nice Rod, both in Sound and Weathering by David.

The Yellow Peril has now been finished and suitably weathered with copious amounts of cement dust that is befitting a working loco within a cement loading facility.

From the standard Heljan CEGB loco that I've started with, I have removed the CEGB branding, applied BLUE CIRCLE CEMENT transfers that were custom made for me by Steve at Railtec transfers. I have then added both a 'No.1' plate and Hunslet works plates by Thatcher, which are now produced by Narrow Planet.

I've then added two air cylinders to underneath each valence and I've fitted Air Pipework to each buffer beam. The rear bufferbeam pipework follows the design of the Vacuum pipe by pushing through the buffer beam and returning up to the valence.

All the details were painted and then weathered using various techniques, washes, paints, powders and pastes, etc. A final gentle blow over with some mixed colours through the airbrush and then a few detail s picked out with fuel and oil stains, etc.

It has also been fitted with an ESU V4 decoder through a Super Cube speaker and I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow evening before it goes back to its owner. ;)

Here are a few pictures:

post-14906-0-71667800-1516914073_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-47016100-1516914083_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-33606900-1516914092_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-24836500-1516914102_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-08215200-1516914112_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-31245000-1516914122_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-45280000-1516914130_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-32406600-1516914138_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-69434800-1516914146_thumb.jpg

That's all for now

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

The Yellow Peril has now been finished and suitably weathered with copious amounts of cement dust that is befitting a working loco within a cement loading facility.

From the standard Heljan CEGB loco that I've started with, I have removed the CEGB branding, applied BLUE CIRCLE CEMENT transfers that were custom made for me by Steve at Railtec transfers. I have then added both a 'No.1' plate and Hunslet works plates by Thatcher, which are now produced by Narrow Planet.

I've then added two air cylinders to underneath each valence and I've fitted Air Pipework to each buffer beam. The rear bufferbeam pipework follows the design of the Vacuum pipe by pushing through the buffer beam and returning up to the valence.

All the details were painted and then weathered using various techniques, washes, paints, powders and pastes, etc. A final gentle blow over with some mixed colours through the airbrush and then a few detail s picked out with fuel and oil stains, etc.

It has also been fitted with an ESU V4 decoder through a Super Cube speaker and I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow evening before it goes back to its owner. ;)

Here are a few pictures:

attachicon.gifWB 239.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 240.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 241.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 242.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 243.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 244.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 245.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 246.jpg

attachicon.gifWB 247.jpg

That's all for now

Jinty ;)

That is quite delicious Jinty, and I’m not even a fan of modern image (ie anything after 1923...!). Super work.

Care to describe in more detail?

I'll try, although, I generally just go as the mood/rhythm takes me, and if what I'm doing looks good in my eyes, I just carry on!!!

Obviously I've done some alterations before I even touched it with paints and weathering bits and bobs.

Once they've been done, I start with Testors Dullcote all over the body to seal the transfers and the other bits and bobs. Once that's nice and dry, I start with some panel line washes and build up to enamel washes. I'm using AK Interactive stuff quite a bit at the moment as I find it's very good, and it's very workable with White Spirit. On this one I've used Humbrol white weathering powder and brushed it downwards into cracks, corners, etc, then some clean white spirit on a brush soaked in to hold it in place. Then some AK Interactive Ship Salt Stains to create some of the white streaking. I then use Testors again, and this time over the windows too, which I then get some white spirit on a cotton bud and remove the Testors off the glazing, usually in the shape of the wiper track.

Once the Testors is dry, I go over very gently in this case, with some very watered down frame dirt and black with the airbrush and let it all dry.

Once dry I apply fuel stains and grease washes to the necessary bits and pieces and then allow top go off .

I hope that gives some idea what I get up to with on the weathering front. As I said earlier, I do play a lot by ear and go with the flow.

Jinty ;)

PS:

Here are a Before and after for comparison:

post-14906-0-23232500-1516916472_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-04104600-1516916486_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Total change of medium and pace.............................

Two JLTRT BR 12t Banana vans, duly completed bar for a couple of bits of painting. B881716 & B882094 for Talyllyn.

Peartree Engineering 3-hole disc wheels & bearings and the JLTRT buffers machined, springs cut in half and collars soldered on the back. I've also replaced the plastic tie rod for some brass as well as the brake guards in thin brass as the whitemetal ones look a bit too chunky to me.

Finished in Body: Cellulose BR Bauxite     Chassis: Halfords Satin Black.   Body over sprayed with Testors Dullcote after the excellent Railtec transfers had been applied.

Given a quick run up and down Talyllyn Junction a couple of times to make sure they run well, and then put to one side ready for weathering at some point.

post-14906-0-09927500-1517343514_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-47313600-1517343522_thumb.jpg

Another little project that has come off my workbench is my Minerva 8750 Pannier after being fitted with a lamp designating a stopping passenger train (which is what it will be doing!).

I've used a Bi-colour LED lamp from YouChoos through a 10k resistor for this end of the train, and this is part of an experiment with an Autocoach which I'm finishing off. The Autotrailer has also been fitted with the same LED in the central upper position on the driving end. 

The idea is that the loco and Autocoach can be set as a consist and therefore will have a white lamp at the front and a red lamp at the rear dependant on direction. Obviously I know that 8750's wen't auto fitted but It will do for the B'set once I get that sorted out. This was just to see if I could make it work ok without seeing much of the wires, etc. The only reservation I have is that when in reverse with the Autotrailer the red lamp is on the top lamp iron and doesn't look right.

Here are a couple of pictures and I'm putting a video on my Talyllyn thread where you can see it working.

post-14906-0-85386000-1517343967_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-93247200-1517344018_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-78132400-1517344030_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-12126200-1517344041_thumb.jpg

Comments, ideas always gratefully received

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

I have a question...how do you find the time?!

I ask myself the very same question!!

Never mind, I'm off on our usual Wednesday/Thursday buying sprees with work tomorrow, so won't get anything done except sitting behind a steering wheel for two days, Mancherster tomorrow, Blackbushe on Thursday!!! Grrrrr

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

Jinty,

I've always wondered, we can get some very small connectors these days, is there no way that one could be adapted in some way to allow the connections to be made, but the lamps to be removable?  Surely in this day and age there is something?  One of these day's I'll have to have a play!

Rich

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A plesent visit from JF today and a couple of my signals are now up and running. Thanks Jon.

I thought I'd put a short video together showing a N.E. G5 that I've just fitted sound to.

Jinty ;)

Nice job mate, sounds good.