Class 142

charliepetty

Looks promising. Can't wait to see some more sample images! 

Unfortunately no liveries for me in this batch. Hoping for Regional Railways, First North Western, Merseyrail, Northern Spirit and Arriva Trains Northern in the future 🤞

If there is a Batch 2, what would be the estimated timeline be on these?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @charliepetty,

These look great -  I am interested in at least a couple of these!  Can you please confirm whether they only available through Realtrak Models and do you have to pay in full or can you pay a deposit?

In addition, does RT142-322 Class 142 Number 142 090 - Provincial come with ‘Network North West’ ‘NNW’ logos as in the photograph on the website?

Cheers,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Desperately trying to justify one for my early-2000s Yorkshire layout but none of this first batch are quite right.

I think the closest would be the FGW, which I could rework to FNW, or one of the Merseyrail versions, but they'd need to be the later versions with the large digi destination screens – does the tooling allow for this feature in future runs?

Would snap your hand off for Northern Spirit, Arriva (Northern) or any of the transition liveries that Arriva/Northern acquired (T&W, RR etc).

• Agree 1

On 03/03/2024 at 19:19, kevpeo said:

Many thanks to Charlie for lending these beauties for a pose on Parrot Hall  today at Preston show. Looking right at home in my slice of south Manchester 😀

6EA7F8CD-8E66-4F0D-B47D-7477ED18D509.jpeg.a78f25b8a786f2d33ba506b773be16b8.jpeg

Gosh, they look really nice.  I know WMPTE and Centro told the DfT where to go when they tried to force us into having these yokes for the Cross City (really) but I think they may turn up on test runs on the new layout (which the real units did do from time to time)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, james-htfc said:

Desperately trying to justify one for my early-2000s Yorkshire layout but none of this first batch are quite right.

I think the closest would be the FGW, which I could rework to FNW, or one of the Merseyrail versions, but they'd need to be the later versions with the large digi destination screens – does the tooling allow for this feature in future runs?

Would snap your hand off for Northern Spirit, Arriva (Northern) or any of the transition liveries that Arriva/Northern acquired (T&W, RR etc).

Regional Railways units lasted into Arriva Trains Northern days so ones rebranded would be able to serve your purpose. 

From my memory, the provincial blue and chocy cream units that were left were painted into Northern Spirit. That then was left while 156s got the paint brush. Arriva arrived and began painting 142s but this saw many of the various regional railways units last well into arriva trains northern operation. I also recall seeing some units swapped over between those in the North and those in Wales. Think that was due to some units having had seats installed in Wales that were matching those up north, so other ones went down that would allow the welsh ones to have standard fleet seats across their 143s too. 

So a rebranded regional railways unit with a small Arriva logo would work fine! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...