• RMweb Gold

Now Paul, you will need to practice some track laying first. So it has to be ELJ in 7mm. Just think of a grubby gronk creaking through that crossing with a few minerals......

Envy.......

Keith HC

Thanks Keith, I know that's the thoughts I was having the other day or these two

00CF5363-00E9-4EC9-AA32-EBE2FFCDDCB0_zps

B87188FA-4BC3-4BE2-9F94-52D07A6B3E23_zps

Cheers

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Definitely ELJ after seeing those two mate! Rake of mk1s for the 40, and mixed freight for these two

Thanks Rich and if I do my version of it a 40 sitting that head shunt at the side of the signal box :)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Right I thought I best do a 'what's going on' update, at the moment KX is just to much to soon as it's a huge project but that's not saying I'll never do it, it is something I'd love to build one day.

I'd like to just thank everyone for all the great input and information you've all given and hopefully it'll still to to use whether it's with me in the future or for other people giving KX a go.

As for my 7mm modelling I'm going to attempt to build my Edge Lane Junction in 7mm, again not an easy task but I've been building it in 4mm for around 3 years so I know nearly everything about it so please follow my attempts at that, there is a link in my signature to it.

Thanks again everyone

• RMweb Gold

Well done Paul you no it makes sense. I will look forward to KX in the future(you may well get a lottery win and build all of KX!!!.....). Looking forward to ELJ Mk 2 or is it Mk 3.

Keith HC

Thanks Keith er Mk3 I think :( third time lucky though ;) wouldn't mind that lottery win though :D

Thanks again

wouldn't mind that lottery win though :D

Not this week, Paul - I'm having it !  :D :D :D :D

ELJ Series O - sounds like a plan ! Working with something you already know should be a big bonus for you. Will be looking forward to the build on that, and KX, if/when it becomes a reality.

In the meantime - don't snap up all the cl37s - I want one !  :D :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not this week, Paul - I'm having it !  :D :D :D :D

ELJ Series O - sounds like a plan ! Working with something you already know should be a big bonus for you. Will be looking forward to the build on that, and KX, if/when it becomes a reality.

In the meantime - don't snap up all the cl37s - I want one !  :D :D

Thanks Andi no more 37's for me, apparently the first one on the Bootle branch wasn't till the 80's, 37140 so modellers license once again ;) I really need to crack on now I know what I'm doing.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a little update for anyone who might be interested, I've started planning a small fictional depot based on the Bootle branch line in Liverpool so here's a link

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122299-north-mersey-diesel/page-2&do=findComment&comment=2730598

I've also been busy working on this

807753C9-CF80-426F-A042-5CF76E22788E_zps

Hopefully apart from the decoder it'll be finished this week.

Cheers

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anymore updates on the layout please?

Hi Rob sorry late reply it’s beem a mad few months so this project is kind of on hold, I’ve been doing a couple of tiny bits for ELJ and I’ve got another idea which might be a bit easier to build at the back of my mind. We’re moving house in less than two weeks and I started a new job in September to which has taken up most my time as it’s six months training, I’m not complaining though as this is my new office :O

post-18716-0-46589200-1544459038_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-28654400-1544459118_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It IS winter! :jester:

Hi

That depends on whether its the Meteorological calendar you are using or the Astronomical one

Meteorological Winter 1 December 2018 to 28 February 2019

Astronomical Winter 21 December 2018 to 20 March 2019

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PaulCheffus
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Apologies if it's bad form in this community to resurrect an old thread as my very first post here, but I've gone through all 16 pages on this thread and it is clear there are people here who know King's Cross far better than I, so I wanted to try to reach out for your help.

I'm in the process or designing an N-gauge KX station, circa 1990's (attached are some images of my early stage work) - but I've come across a bit of a snag in terms of accurate dimensions - specifically I can't quite get a solid bead on the height for the main shed:

From photo's inside (example), I get 148 bricks from platform to the top of the main shed walls/the roof line. Assuming 65mm tall bricks and 8mm of mortar as an average, that puts the wall at around 10,796mm tall. But the drawings I've found of the early 2000's redevelopment of the station suggest its more like 11,900mm - a 10% discrepancy.   I'm trying to figure out what the real number looks like and I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help nail it down.

Thanks in advance for any assistance - it's greatly appreciated!

Ross.

Kings Cross Layout 200320 Ortho.JPG

20200330_032939_Main_Shed_Arches.jpg

20200330_033043_Test_Print_Window Frames.jpg

20200330_033155 Test_Print_Main_Shed_Supports.jpg

• Like 4