Little Muddle

KNP

8 hours ago, Podhunter said:

Must have been taken before the builder had finished -- there's no lead flashing around that chimney stack.

Please, rest assured, it is there just doesn't show up well in this picture

• Funny 3

18 hours ago, KNP said:

I based the chimney stack on this old picture I found....

1509572324_BB962B49-5037-4D34-8944-54B36AE33FFB1.jpg.ec42a683cd65c33d7890b40061f00815.jpg

As you can see I replicated it almost perfectly.....!?!?

That's uncanny. Your model is "just like the real thing" as those good old Airfix ads use to inform us. ;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

On 24/03/2019 at 12:09, KNP said:

The town of Little muddle seen from the roof of the Goods Shed..

1854.jpg.904364f2cd53f9c9a25a75b419b2f59d.jpg

Sometimes I look and think should I have added that extra decoupage layer at the back.

Don't know why the roof is blurred as some of the shots it was in focus.! 

The first instance of privacy blurrying of a building on google street view at the bottom there! Love the town!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Couldn't make my mind up which one I liked, they both had there good points so I thought I would post both and let you lot make your own mind up....

1833a.jpg.6557857c9dc288a9ee9fb42e8e31c2a1.jpg

1834.jpg.8bce91a6cfb7ca8af60829528b770fd3.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

On 27/03/2019 at 08:45, TrevorP1 said:

My Gran’s old council house in the New Forest c1960 had a kind of brick built lean to she called ‘the scullery’ where there was a coal fired hot water heater known as the ‘copper’. This was the only hot water in the house.

Oddly enough when I and my wife were growing up here in the 60s' we too had the same thing, only we used wood instead of coal. (Most of rural Australia did).

We also had long drop toilets and wood-fired ranges. Most of these and the most popular were the Metters Range, these were in the numbered range from Metters numbers 1-7 in most homes.

Kevin ,

Those cottage's look fantastic to my eye Kevin, I think the fire walls are not noticeable and that chimney can keep all of us guessing for while.

Picture number one for me in vote thanks.

Cheers,

Tex.

Edited by Tex 'n' Taz
added text
  • Thanks 1

Spent a night on the tiles, with a bit of tidying up to do once roof dirt wash dried.

So now the attention moves around to the newsagents and fitting that out....

1861.jpg.d9c63b7857df82b0d6947b2aa4032a12.jpg

Please note lead flashing to side of brick chimney, all is present and correct.

Apart from the fact there is no rainwater goods but that will follow in due course.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

The newsagents/tobacconists...

IMG_1048.JPG.384f98fd1990bcce32eb79d206f568a4.JPG

Taken by holding the iPhone upside down, focusing on the large window and leaning at a very strange angle to push the take button....!

Need a name.....

Any suggestions? and the best one will be selected by the discerning readers of course.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

I like to use joke/silly names that make people look etc.. aka "Timpson, Wills, and Timpson" aka using the family name style :) or a modern name made old aka "Eastpoint Wharf Shipping" aka EWS steam trains with red and yellow livery (this is for fleet of private loco's to service a yard) I also do the same with posters like https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/ but older style. and have a few gems hidden away for the keen eyed viewers, as not in plain sight :)

Wonder if you could play on this fake news stuff that seems to be ever present atm.. 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 14:15, westerner said:

Kevin I hope you don't mind but to quote Mr. T. Wright you do need lamps on the front of your locos. The black and white shot of the mogul is excellent had me fooled until I noticed the lack of lamps.

I know Alan, I know, you lot keep being telling me that and to think for Christmas my daughter brought me these...

IMG_0676.JPG.aec991bdc6f6e29fb9f7186834aa8886.JPG

Doh….So I suppose I ought to do something about it....

Why can't a chap just go through life with lampless loco's....!

Edited by KNP
  • Friendly/supportive 2