Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Another tremendous photograph Kevin, the backscene in particular on the left and at the rear of the station look extremely convincing..........the landscape seems to go on forever! Stunning work. Brian.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, i finally got here after several weeks of dipping in and out during a spare five minutes, following a tip off in the ANTB thread.

I have too say that the journey was worth the effort, some fantastic modelling and the attention to detail is marvellous. I also like the photography, which has been exceptional throughout!! The cameos are very believable.

Keep up the good work!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A quick question, is there a trackplan of the layout somewhere?  This topic is now a whopping (and excellent) 154 pages; quite a lot to search through!

Many thanks, Dave.

On 30/03/2019 at 14:20, DLT said:

A quick question, is there a trackplan of the layout somewhere?  This topic is now a whopping (and excellent) 154 pages; quite a lot to search through!

Many thanks, Dave.

Yes, but to save you hunting back through the pages

IMG_3445.JPG.b5ec545e3dba52e81527b59d34484517.JPG

Lifted from the BRM article.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much Kevin, thats brilliant.  You said originally that it started off as L-Shaped, I presume the viaduct and farm section was the bit added?

There is a new thread running on ideas for L-Shaped space here:  https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/143342-l-shaped-blank-canvas/

And although he is modelling in N-gauge, I thought of Little Muddle as an inspiration.

Cheers, Dave.

3 minutes ago, DLT said:

Thanks very much Kevin, thats brilliant.  You said originally that it started off as L-Shaped, I presume the viaduct and farm section was the bit added?

There is a new thread running on ideas for L-Shaped space here:  https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/143342-l-shaped-blank-canvas/

And although he is modelling in N-gauge, I thought of Little Muddle as an inspiration.

Cheers, Dave.

That's OK.

No, the top piece with the diary and Encombe Town Station on was.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, KNP said:

That's OK.

No, the top piece with the diary and Encombe Town Station on was.

Oh I see, so it was a terminus to fiddle yard was it?

I really like the idea of modelling an entire branch line, with terminal facilities at each end and no fiddle yard.

Many thanks, Dave.

• Agree 1

Originally it finished like this.

May 2009

P1070632.JPG.1f9b746b2201fb9b41b9ab119b0f78ee.JPG

Compare to the current one and you can see how much 'tweaking' I have done over the years...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

The tanker of what is now very well-matured cheese is still in the dairy I see. Maybe it could be shunted out and added to a London-bound passenger service so that it can be delivered to the War Office as a possible bio-weapon for use against Hitler?

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, Martin S-C said:

The tanker of what is now very well-matured cheese is still in the dairy I see. Maybe it could be shunted out and added to a London-bound passenger service so that it can be delivered to the War Office as a possible bio-weapon for use against Hitler?

I can't find anybody brave enough to move it.....

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Maybe the crate contains biohazard suits, 1930s style, made of the finest imperial leather inset with the latest split-screen plexiglass goggles, bakelite fittings and vulcanised rubber breathing apparatus.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DLT said:

Oh I see, so it was a terminus to fiddle yard was it?

I really like the idea of modelling an entire branch line, with terminal facilities at each end and no fiddle yard.

Many thanks, Dave.

We've been trying to get you to continue the O16.5 for ages  . . . .  ;) 

• Funny 1

43 minutes ago, KNP said:

Now there's a thought, that might explain why they seem a bit reticent to move or open it..... 

I think the boss needs to make the team an offer they can't refuse. "Last man with his steampunk biosuit on gets to couple up the Evil Cheese Tanker".

• Funny 3