Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

For a moment I did get a tad concerned as I thought we were being 'invited' round the back of the engine shed and for the life of me I couldn't think of what I might have done to cause that.

That used to be the back of the bike shed to see... you can guess :blink:

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, John Besley said:

That used to be the back of the bike shed to see...

On another thread in recent days I came across reference to a 'fatty snag', which sounded like an unkind name for the sort of grateful girl you might indeed meet behind the bike-shed.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

It is that sort of scratchbuilding that really sorts the modelling men from the meddling boys. 

If only I could bring myself to realise that. I've mucked up so much by not waiting for glue or paint to dry properly.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

2 minutes ago, Ray H said:

If only I could bring myself to realise that. I've mucked up so much by not waiting for glue or paint to dry properly.

We have all been there and I suspect will continue to visit at occasional times…..

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, KNP said:

Well I couldn’t wait as the glue had set……honestly!

Trimmed, gate catch added and painted in grey primer….

B56982F0-B794-43F4-9A4D-1016BD515421.jpeg.7050642f9d38263da048a3a0204d8d11.jpeg

I will be fully painting and weathering before fitting as that will be easier than reaching across the layout.

That was a real shock;  I never realised you could or should make those gates like that!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

4550 at rest....

3985.jpg.3955a4fa86726dc85821d87b648f07ae.jpg

Need to sit down and work out how to sort out these 'high riding lamps'.....!

This attempt to hide the fact that the door is still missing is not up to your usual standard I am afraid.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

This attempt to hide the fact that the door is still missing is not up to your usual standard I am afraid.

John Ahern's Madder valley layout featured the solicitor's office of Quibble and Cuss. Are you any relation of the senior partner?? 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Hybrid cattle dock now in operation and receiving cattle……eventually!

That's a lovely shot from the squadron leader Kevin.  Sometimes the exquisite detail on your layout looks even better from a distance.  It reflects the higgledy-piggledy-ness of real life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

That's a really impressive picture Kevin. I'm finding that the more I add to my layout the more careful I have to be adding the next part, it all gets a bit surgical!

I'm also spurred on to work on the colouring of my goods yard's ash and gravel surface, so that's helping get my mojo back.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, checkrail said:

That's a lovely shot from the squadron leader Kevin.  Sometimes the exquisite detail on your layout looks even better from a distance.  It reflects the higgledy-piggledy-ness of real life.

18 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a really impressive picture Kevin. I'm finding that the more I add to my layout the more careful I have to be adding the next part, it all gets a bit surgical!

I'm also spurred on to work on the colouring of my goods yard's ash and gravel surface, so that's helping get my mojo back.

Thanks chaps.

It was only a quick picture I took on the phone to see how it came out overall and then released it looked like one I had taken time over.

Designing random isn't easy as you can end up with random that looks designed!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 5