Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

So the ballast wagons need to go back into the workshop awaiting the arrival of the transfers but before then here they are waving goodbye....!

4007.jpg.94b6139dc918feee874e6e76273baed3.jpg

Picture courtesy of a low flying Squadron Leader..

What else is going to join the PW train, boige bolster with rail, sleeper wagon an old 4 wheeler coach as a mess wagon...?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

5 hours ago, John Besley said:

What else is going to join the PW train, boige bolster with rail, sleeper wagon an old 4 wheeler coach as a mess wagon...?

The plan at the moment is for a very basic combination comprising of:

2 Ballast wagons (though I expect this to increase to at least 4)

Sleeper wagon (have the Cambrian kit so this will be next if the transfers don't arrive in the next day or two)

Bogie bolster wagon (still to source)

Brake van

That idea of a mess van is on my list but nothing decided yet unless of course someone can convince me it would be necessary.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

On 30/01/2022 at 14:14, gwrrob said:

Not sure if this is the same diagram but might assist.

IMG_2169.JPG.ac1cd5987902c4c7c0fe84bf4930767f.JPG

Thanks Rob, I do have a similar picture of this particular wagon but could find no reference to the GW painting the livery in this format in the late 30's.

My initial thought, and I am quite prepared to be corrected on this, was this a local paint job done by I believe the SVR when restoring?

I like this format except I can't find any script writing that says Load 8 cubic yards (well not yet...!)

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, KNP said:

Thanks Rob.

I think this will be the route I will go down and if not quite right.....well it is LM where Rule 1 rules!

Just need to wait for the transfers to arrive.......?

Are they in the crate waiting to be unloaded?

• Funny 5

Hi Kevin,

I used Cambridge Custom Transfers sheets BL137 for the CO and BL138 for the Cubic Yards for mine, although these are for Herring in BR days so have a yellowy tinge (Herring were also 13 cubic tonnes, so you need to change the load).  They are OK with weathering though - I couldn't find a source for either elsewhere.

On the Great Western Study Group a while back, it was advised that the HMRS is reworking their GWR sheet - I asked that both the CO and cubic yards be added to the revised sheet.  I have no idea if that's been taken on board, or when the sheet is likely to be reissued, but here's hoping.....

The whole train looks great by the way!

Jon T

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, eldavo said:

A truly great piece of modelling.

Many thanks for that comment.

Every now and then I take a picture and realise that this works.

To get the depth of focus I had to multi focus from macro to infinity, in the end I edited 104 separately focused frames to get the right feel.

After all that and long frame merging time I looked at the end result and felt it lacked a focal point.

So I moved the gent reading the paper, sat him on the seat and got the focal point…and went through the whole process again!!!!

The path also helped as it leads your eye along and around to the seat.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 2

Just as in real life the seat would be the feature to which the eye would naturally be drawn but also it would also be the reason for the path. So something that reflects real life doesnt jar with the brain of the observer and so is more likely to be accepted.

Excellent piece of photography and modelling, Kevin.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely photos as ever Kevin.  Just so many neat little details to take in; I could spend ages looking at these (but should really be doing some work!)

Do you remember where you got your sheep from please?  I need to get some for Chuffnell Regis.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I got in earlier, but no pics would open, just blank blue boxes on all threads.

I needed my morning FIX.:good:

I found the same. Poor Andy Y is having a terrible time of it right now. He'd be tearing his hair out if he had any....

• Funny 5

23 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Lovely photos as ever Kevin.  Just so many neat little details to take in; I could spend ages looking at these (but should really be doing some work!)

Do you remember where you got your sheep from please?  I need to get some for Chuffnell Regis.

Thanks

Sheep are a mixture of Dart Castings in one field and in the other Modelscene.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2