DJM N gauge Crowdfunded King Class Steam Loco has started

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

Please find below the cad/cam for King3 

The models (all 3 will now have my mechanism fitted by the designer, and weight balance / distribution calculations made before tooling starts).

With this in mind, i will keep orders available to be made right up until tooling starts in around 2 -3 weeks maximum.

Once the order book shuts, no more King orders will be taken by anyone, and the amount we have to make will be known, and apart form a very few extras for repairs / replacements, that will be it.

so, if you want a King, or know anyone that wants a king or kings, get ready for the new website going live very soon, to be able to start ordering immediately.

Cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-33576700-1533754543_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-79950400-1533754552_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm assuming the King Edward IV I've ordered will be King3 CAD, is that correct?

Please find below the cad/cam for King3

post-1144-0-33576700-1533754543_thumb.jp

post-1144-0-79950400-1533754552_thumb.jp

Hi scottystitch,

Yes, King3 is the CAD for the BR Green version of the Kings (6009 King Charles II and 6017 King Edward IV).

Will there be a King Edward1? If so I would be interested.

According to the original announcement, the 5 initial identities will be;

DJM-LS-N-001A 6006 King George I GWR Lined green with GWR 'Shirtbutton' logo on the tender

DJM-LS-N-002A 6018 King Henry VI GWR Lined green with "G (crest) W" on the tender

DJM-LS-N-003A 6023 King Edward II BR Lined blue with early BR crest

DJM-LS-N-004A 6009 King Charles II BR Lined green with early BR crest

DJM-LS-N-005A 6017 King Edward IV BR Lined green with Late BR crest

What was it about KE1 specifically that appealed to you? Would one of the above suit (perhaps renamed and renumbered)?

Will there be a King Edward1? If so I would be interested.

Those nice Fox people from Leicester do a numberplate/nameplate set for King Edward I.  Assuming the plates are fixed on the same way as Dave's designs at Dapol for A3 and A4 they will be quite easy to ping off and replace with nice new etched ones.

Far easier to do a GWR/WR type than line up individual numbers for cabside numbers on locos from other regions.  I've done over 50 of the latter...…

Les

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I understand the pre-orders for the N gauge King are now live.

If you pre-ordered through the last site, i have not kept the details except your e-mails and i will be mailing you all to let you know the sites live and you can now order your model and pay your deposit, which will pay for tooling, that will start as soon as the plateau for tooling costs is covered which could, if the take up is good, be within days rather than weeks.

I have kept e-mail addresses so that i can mail a reminder, so if you get a reminder e-mail, sorry, i'm just using a belt and braces model and will delete the e-mails after sending out the reminders.

I'm away for 2 days tomorrow in hospital for nothing serious so replying to mails will be difficult, 

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads up for anyone trying to order, I see DJM have posted an update on the various pages, but also stated that there remains an issue with payments - see http://djmodels.co.uk/update-on-pre-ordering-our-models/

Might be worth holding off for a day or two until Dave is out of hospital so they can sort that one out, as it will minimise the number of people they need to contact!  Been there, and had to do it in the past :)

Rich

Thanks for the update Dave. Webstie is looking good.

I am awaiting a new credit card which will allow me to have no foreign currency fees which shouldn't be too far away. I'll be pre-ordering the King as soon as it arrives.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

This is the new message that browsers are giving, I get it on rmWeb, if the site is not using secure technology.  I am assuming that DJM transfer you to a payment gateway (or will do when it works) that is secure, if so nothing to worry about.

Basically, don't put any credit/debit cards into ANY website that says its not secure - but what tends to happen with most sites, is that the core website (the info bit if you like) is a normal http web address, but when you need to enter sensitive bank information your moved to the secure area (web address starting https - the s at the end is the key bit).

Things are gradually changing so that all websites always use https for everything, and this is what Google, Yahoo, Firefox, Microsoft and Apple are starting to try and push through with this 'not secure' message.  Its no bad thing in its own right, but confusing if people don't know whats going on.

Rich

This is the new message that browsers are giving, I get it on rmWeb, if the site is not using secure technology.  I am assuming that DJM transfer you to a payment gateway (or will do when it works) that is secure, if so nothing to worry about.

Basically, don't put any credit/debit cards into ANY website that says its not secure - but what tends to happen with most sites, is that the core website (the info bit if you like) is a normal http web address, but when you need to enter sensitive bank information your moved to the secure area (web address starting https - the s at the end is the key bit).

Things are gradually changing so that all websites always use https for everything, and this is what Google, Yahoo, Firefox, Microsoft and Apple are starting to try and push through with this 'not secure' message.  Its no bad thing in its own right, but confusing if people don't know whats going on.

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. i will await the payment gateway getting sorted and then proceed with caution.

Dennis.

Hi everyone,

just back, rather bruised and beaten, to find this. I'm stunned as the site is supposed to be completely secure, as the final stage of ordering, i.e. the transfer to lloyds, is apparently, but i shall now have to check that as it was checked by Lloyds.

Sorry again for yet another 'glitch' and hope it can get sorted soon.

Thanks

Dave

Hi everyone,

just back, rather bruised and beaten, to find this. I'm stunned as the site is supposed to be completely secure, as the final stage of ordering, i.e. the transfer to lloyds, is apparently, but i shall now have to check that as it was checked by Lloyds.

Sorry again for yet another 'glitch' and hope it can get sorted soon.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, any site that isnt HTTPS is unsecure - even RMWEB, I did suggest a couple of days back you might want to consider making your site HTTPS as you ask for names/addresses but your clicksafe element which should be a separate portal within your site should be secure if Lloyds have signed it off. 

Hi mate,

Thanks for that. Yes Lloyds have checked the integration of the 'click-safe' part of the site, and have signed off on it.

I was assured by the web man that my site would be fully compliant, and like other things promised, and pages of items i'd added and some i'd deleted (oo gauge Q6 for example) something out of my control has happened.

Now i'm back i'll try and trouble shoot the whole thing, concentrating, as another poster has suggested, in making sure the APT, 92 and King pages are correct and getting the site 'HTTPS' compatible (looking that one up now through some very nice beer goggles supplied by the NHS medicine cabinet. lol)

Sorry to everyone for the hasle and delays in this, i can assure you its being sorted.

Thanks

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

I am guessing that there are still ordering glitches on the website. I have tried to order 2 Kings only to be told that there is no available payment methods for my state - I am a UK resident! Can you let us know when it is all up and running as I guess that there are others who have found this problem. Incidentally, I tried to order using Google Chrome. Would a different browser succeed?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

The site is currently being rebuild, from the bottom up, and will include, purely to give a chance for it]rders to get processed sooner, an -e-commerce choice.

1) securely through 'Stripe' , an internet payment facility

2) Lloyds click safe

the second one will take a week to 10 days to get sorted as Lloyds have to re-check the website for security and integration again for me, and Stripe may be online today if all goes well.

You can choose your preference once both are online, unless change in that time, in which case i'll post on here and the upcoming MK3 website.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Why are there now two options for payment, surely this is complicating matters further and if you think you're going to need Mk3 version what happens to payments made the first two ways if there is a third new method coming.

I suspect Dave is just giving people a choice - in the same way that some people prefer entering card details to using Paypal.  I've used Stripe in the past and it allows people to use other options such as Android Pay and Apple Pay, where as Lloyds Cardnet is just pure debit/credit card.  Plus if one system has a blip there is a backup.  Logical thinking in my view.

Also as I understand it the Mk3 website is only there because of the problems (documented elsewhere on this forum) that Dave has had with the web developer, reading between the lines, I suspect the developer has caused far more problems than we know about, although I may be wrong of course.  But 10 out of 10 to Dave for persistence with everything tho, its easier for the likes of Dapol, Bachmann and Heljan , they can throw money and people at a problem when it arises, the smaller companies and one-man bands don't have that ability.

Rich

Why are there now two options for payment, surely this is complicating matters further and if you think you're going to need Mk3 version what happens to payments made the first two ways if there is a third new method coming.

It reads to me that Dave is referring to a Mk 3 website. I assume this is his label for a significant rebuild of the Mk 2, which wasn’t delivered in a usable format, which was supposed to replace the original that lacked e-commerce capability. I don’t think he’s referring to a third payment method.

Hi everyone,

Below i attach KingV2 for your viewing pleasure.

Same comments as above on this model as it will be tooled the same time as King1 and King3

cheers

Dave

Is it just me, or is there something weird about the N gauge coupling on the front of this version?

Should be able to get mine ordered next week hopefully, assuming the website is sorted by then. Look forward to seeing the completed model.

Is it just me, or is there something weird about the N gauge coupling on the front of this version?

Should be able to get mine ordered next week hopefully, assuming the website is sorted by then. Look forward to seeing the completed model.

The coupler has been misrendered by the look of things. However it will be a standard part so I'm not concerned (and it will probably spend its life in the box in any case....)

Les