TRAINWEST 2018 - 14 & 15 April

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to the show.  I shall be there with Roundhouse, Big P and others giving Mike Peace a hand with Star Lane.  A rare chance to give some of my BR(S) electric stock a good run.
Do drop in and say hello.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Geoff

Looking forward to my first visit to Trainwest and will be making the trek down from Stafford on Saturday morning.

Trust your show guides turn up in time (worring as it happened at Stafford a few years back)

Great line up,of layouts and traders to relieve me of my cash.

Hope to meet up with you.

Terry Robinson

Director & Exhibition Team

Stafford Railway Circle

• Like 1

We seem to have a show. All but two of the layouts are now set up.

The only slight change concerns car parking The two main car parks are fine. However, the overflow grass car park is a bit soggy and unable to be used. We have therefore arranged extra car parking at the adjacent Corsham School which has the benefit of being on tarmac instead of grass.

See you all tomorrow.

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

We seem to have a show. All but two of the layouts are now set up.

The only slight change concerns car parking The two main car parks are fine. However, the overflow grass car park is a bit soggy and unable to be used. We have therefore arranged extra car parking at the adjacent Corsham School which has the benefit of being on tarmac instead of grass.

See you all tomorrow.

Geoff Endacott

or Sunday....

That seemed to go OK.

Numbers were only slightly down and we still managed to fill the emergency replacement overflow car park.

Given that Network Rail were still attempting to electrify the railway line through Chippenham, leaving us without any trains to and from the east, I don't think we did too badly.

I hope that those who did make it enjoyed the show.

Geoff Endacott

4th - 15th 2018, saw the Bentley Model Railway (Railroad) Group host their annual Model Railway Exhibition. This years line-up featured no less than 20 layouts in a variety of gauges and scales, as well as a good selection of Trade Stands.

Layout List (as seen)

The Bridge - T Scale

Titheridge Junction - N Gauge

Empire Mill - EM Scale

B A Bodil -

to 1:400

Wisteria Collop - 009 Scale

Marmagne - H0 Scale

Ironstone - 00 Gauge / 009 Scale

Pixash Lane - 00 Gauge

Mers-les-Bains -

Scale

Villefranche-la-Chapelle - H0 Scale

Star Lane - 00 Gauge

Charmouth - O16.5 Scale

Mulldale - O16.5 Scale

Broadford - H0 Scale

Fence Houses - 2mm

Finescale 82G - O Gauge

Hope-under-Dinmore - EM Scale

Cornwallis Yard - EM Scale

Sparkel - H0 Scale

Oakley Green - 00 Gauge

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9syt2uqj5r4

• Like 5

The MRC team had a good time with Empire Mills - a random gremlin as the show opened on Sunday morning that we soon fixed.

It was a lovely show - nice layout selection and decent range of traders to occupy the times between operating; and thanks to BMRG for being such good hosts.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much to Geoff and the team for a great show, great weekend.  Excellent selection of layouts, including a few favourites of mine, and several I hadn't seen before. 

I like the new venue as well, we were in the Tippet Room, which not only had carpets and comfy chairs, but was right next to the exhibitor's refreshment room.

And thanks to everyone who came and said nice things about Charmouth, and/or took a turn on the controller, especially to Netheravon of this parish, who spent all of Saturday operating.

All things considered, a great time was had!

All the best, Dave.

Edited by DLT
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much to Geoff and the team for a great show, great weekend.  Excellent selection of layouts, including a few favourites of mine, and several I hadn't seen before. 

I like the new venue as well, we were in the Tippet Room, which not only had carpets and comfy chairs, but was right next to the exhibitor's refreshment room.

And thanks to everyone who came and said nice things about Charmouth, and/or took a turn on the controller, especially to Netheravon of this parish, who spent all of Saturday operating.

All thin gs considered, a great time was had!

All the best, Dave.

Yes that room is very nice.

I hope that we didn’t make to much of a racket with our trains rattling round despite none of them having a sound decoder bar one that I ran late on a Sunday.

A very nice venue.

• RMweb Premium

I hope that we didn’t make to much of a racket with our trains rattling round despite none of them having a sound decoder bar one that I ran late on a Sunday.

Not at all, but we did notice how quiet it was when they stopped!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not at all, but we did notice how quiet it was when they stopped!

So did we. Normally happened when we had a mishap in the fiddleyard

Much the same as when there is a short circuit on one of our other layouts with sound decoders

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Myself, Ray, Jamie and Luc had a great weekend with Oakley Green and many thanks to Geoff and Team.

A superb selection of layouts.

A couple of photos of Oakley Green and Charmouth.

post-7854-0-25177100-1523912085_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-81110700-1523912114_thumb.jpg

• Like 4