Virtual Railfan webcams

NickBrad

Interestingly enough, Virtual Railfan appears to have added a new camera for Camden Station. Their first UK camera, as far as I know.

They also have a Dutch camera that their site gives access to, though I believe it's hosted by a Dutch railfan site.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching intermodals bounce over this crossing this morning thinking that looks fun and here 3 hours later is a tamper and some other contraption working on the crossing. 

Edit: from the noise it is making the other machine must be a rail grinder but I don't see any sparks.

post-165-0-00820000-1520878247_thumb.png

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1

An another two passing.

Considering this is Coal City, all I have seen is intermodals including complete empty rakes.

attachicon.gifcapture.PNG

It's named after an industry that once defined the town but now doesn't...

It's on the ex Santa Fe main line just West of Chicago - so intermodal is that lines bread and butter.

The Deshler cam - probably the 2nd one (360) - is going to be the one to watch soon. They are shortly going to replace the diamond here, which is double track crossing a single track at 90 degrees. There is a lot of bounce on the double track at the moment, & I believe they carry out daily inspections, with welding as required. They pre-assembled the new diamond the other week, it is going to be interesting to see that moved into position in one piece! I believe they are doing it in April, but the date is uncertain.

Stewart

The Deshler cam - probably the 2nd one (360) - is going to be the one to watch soon. They are shortly going to replace the diamond here, which is double track crossing a single track at 90 degrees. There is a lot of bounce on the double track at the moment, & I believe they carry out daily inspections, with welding as required. They pre-assembled the new diamond the other week, it is going to be interesting to see that moved into position in one piece! I believe they are doing it in April, but the date is uncertain.

Stewart

I noticed a distinct bounce as trains crossed on the double track, and saw an inspection take place a few days ago. They don’t seem to have a speed restriction in place though. Trains heading south (away from the camera) on the main single track seem to take a distinct dip to the right at just about the point the track from the right comes alongside, too. Deshler has interesting vintage colour light signalling on the single lines as well.

Deshler is just a fantastically interesting location.

Railstream appear to have tried to counter this dual cam at a diamond crossing move with one of their own - Durand. Really nice pair of cameras with some interesting chatter on the accompanying radio.

Interestingly, this month Railstream have added their first Texas railcam. Lots of UP and BNSF to be seen, very similiar in track layout to their Berea, OH cam. I was just watching it and managed to catch the below KCS lash up on a manifest freight. :)

40884153721_403650a260_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Interesting location, it is a pit stop for trains - lines 1-4 are refuelling roads for loaded trains, they arrive, fuel and carry on.

in the background there is fly shunting going on, chap running alongside the train letting wagons go, just seen a couple of tanks going off.

post-165-0-38776100-1536338862_thumb.png

• Like 1