Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling mojo and state of mind

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully this thread and that there are lots of us who are more open about our challenges helps, even if just a little bit. 

You have my total respect for what you are doing. No idea how it feels to you but it sounds like you are doing an amazing job. 

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Last Friday saw about half of the people who are being made redundant, through no fault of their own coming into the office for the last time. I will be honest that I felt tearful as each one left and said goodbye. My wife is right that I'm not really cut out for HR at times as I get upset by this sort of stuff. 

On the positive I did manage this weekend to finish soldering up a smokebox for the L11 and the boiler back former on my 2 O2's, the smokebox for one is done and the other half done. So at least some modelling. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

It must be horrible sometimes, especially if you like some of the individuals who are going. I remember being made redundant, I was promptly kicked out and got a half decent sum, and fortunately walked into a job a few weeks later. I wouldn't want to go through the same thing now.

Edited by Coldgunner
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
On 28/04/2024 at 20:09, Coldgunner said:

It must be horrible sometimes, especially if you like some of the individuals who are going. I remember being made redundant, I was promptly kicked out and got a half decent sum, and fortunately walked into a job a few weeks later. I wouldn't want to go through the same thing now.

Its vile, especially when at the same time some are arguing over salary, which sometimes makes me really want to rant. Problem is it does not go down well in my position doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4