Deliberately Old Fashioned Cakebox

Nearholmer

It’s just struck me that this competition could be a way of motivating myself to start on some of the smaller features that are absent from my railway: huts; a signal-box; that sort of thing.

So, I shall decide which it is to be, and screw it to a small plank, which is probably the minimum needed to make it into a diorama.

Whatever it turns out to be, it will be 0 scale, and built using long-outdated materials and methods, so as to fit with the rest of what I’m doing.

Oh, and the cakebox will be stood on it’s side, because I think height is going to be needed more than width ....... a telegraph pole or a tree, perhaps.

Kevin

• Like 4

This sort of thing, you mean?

That’s just a snap from the internet, but you’ve made me remember that I do have a pre-war Jacob’s biscuit tin, a mightily robust thing, which the residuals of my 009 trains live in. Need to check the size, though, because I suspect it might be slightly too big.

post-26817-0-07946600-1509111328_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

That's the sort of thing. All cakes and biscuits were kept in tins of various sorts by my family, mostly nowhere near that old, but some probably were. Nothing as small as 8x8 though, as home cakes were never that small!

• Like 1

Oh, come on!  A  Half-inch thick lining to the tin, with the lining protruding one inch above the sides --- problem solved ! 

The rules don't say you HAVE to build it in the tin (box)-- But the challenge is to make a diorama which would do so!

Just trying to be helpful !!!  BTW What a splendid biscuit tin!

This sort of thing, you mean?

That’s just a snap from the internet, but you’ve made me remember that I do have a pre-war Jacob’s biscuit tin, a mightily robust thing, which the residuals of my 009 trains live in. Need to check the size, though, because I suspect it might be slightly too big.

But so ideal for the challenge!

And "Old Fashioned Fruitcake" describes most of us to a T......  :jester:

• Like 1