Stabled on Shillston Road

Just enough to be excellent, not too much detail to be cluttered! :declare:

Best Regards,

Christian

Thanks Christian. It is always tempting to put more clutter in but I resisted.

Two final things for a later date.

I need to sort out a small back scene, I am not sure if it will be countryside or a few terrace houses

Also looking at it again the the track nearest the disused shed with end in a big pile of dirty gravel and sand at somepoint.

47324 has surfaced

post-17404-0-18875200-1515440359_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi,

All that's missing is that chill wind, and the newspaper blowing along like tumbleweed ......

Truly atmospheric piece of work.

Regards,

Alex.

Thanks Alex. I will revisit it and do tiny tweaks....so perhaps a few bits of paper will be introduced :)

47342 departed....Nothing happening.....

post-17404-0-42769500-1515451433_thumb.jpg

Stratford´s 47010 has arrived

post-17404-0-22047500-1515451709_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Really liking the down at heel look you've achieved here, but do you realise there's an EM layout called Shenston Road?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85490-on-shenston-road-a-few-bevs-and-a-western-chieftain/?fromsearch=1

Thank you for letting me know Rich, appreciate it. I have seen it..fantastic layout it is too,the name must have slipped into my subconscious. So name change it is

Thinking on my feet

Shillston Road...that will do :)

(perhaps someone will surface now and tell me there is a layout called Shillston Road  :jester: )

Edited by SouthernBlue80s
  • Like 1

No worries. Thanks for pointing it out. It would have been a bit embarrassing to have named after such a well known layout

Brace of 31s

post-17404-0-75191500-1515576957_thumb.jpg

I need to get a backscene up. Ordered one last night inadvertently in N gauge..... it might look OK ...then again.

• Like 5

Yes, definitely get a backscene in place. This is a nice little micro / cameo. Plenty of atmosphere here.... like the dusty pile of ballast and general grimy muck
It's what railways are all about :)

A backscene will really give this another lift. Even if you just put some off-white plain board behind the scene, you will be amazed at how much improvement there is.....
I built one of my layouts with a sort of "slot" between the layout itself and the backscene - so I could drop in a different scene if I felt like it.... I never did in the end though
but I do feel this is something to explore.... hmmm changing the setting of a layout... hmmm ;)

• Like 1

Yes, definitely get a backscene in place. This is a nice little micro / cameo. Plenty of atmosphere here.... like the dusty pile of ballast and general grimy muck

It's what railways are all about :)

A backscene will really give this another lift. Even if you just put some off-white plain board behind the scene, you will be amazed at how much improvement there is.....

I built one of my layouts with a sort of "slot" between the layout itself and the backscene - so I could drop in a different scene if I felt like it.... I never did in the end though

but I do feel this is something to explore.... hmmm changing the setting of a layout... hmmm ;)

Funny you should mention that Marc, as I was thinking along similar lines of having a gap/slot between the layout and the backscene. The shot below shows a backscene from another layout in the background, which gave me the idea.  So I will perhaps have a low relief building coming in from the right just behind the platform sat on the table and then the backscene behind that.

post-17404-0-47937900-1515594227_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

A few final pictures of western region locos. I will await my backscene, build a low relief building as part of it and improve a couple of things and then take some more picture once I am finally happy. I have my arm operated on on Monday. So I guess I will be on here looking at your stuff and not doing any modeling for a while.

post-17404-0-76400300-1515709953_thumb.jpg

post-17404-0-65976700-1515710037_thumb.jpg

post-17404-0-57594200-1515710125_thumb.jpg

post-17404-0-25336400-1515710194_thumb.jpg

post-17404-0-79896000-1515710382_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Good luck with the op on your arm mate! 
And hope you're modelling again soon :)
In the meantime - plenty of rest for your arm to recover, so have a good peruse of RMWeb, and get some train books out, for more inspiration

PS. Really like that shot of the 08, sat in front of the depot.
Also, looking again at those earlier shots - the ground cover is indeed excellent, but I also like the faded, distressed sleepers and rusty track leading to the depot building
And IMO, we don't see enough weed covered, disused track...

Edited by marc smith

Thanks all for the good luck wishes. It will be a relief when it is all over and it works again.

Already thinking about my next micro diorama

Ground cover wise I find this picture inspirational

post-17404-0-29066200-1515774155_thumb.jpg

Anyway will re-post when I am fixed and have that back scene up.

All the best

Steve

• Like 8