Good to hear it's worked out Pete.  THREE excellent shows in Wakey next year!  And no more trekking across t'Pennines to find a parking spot - I can get there in 5 minutes now, could walk it if weather's OK.  School is on a regular bus route (allegedly every 10 minutes) and not TO far from Sandal and Agbrigg Station which is itself only a short distance from the same bus route.  Plenty of hotels in the Wakefield area too.

To good to miss!

• Like 1

Patience, patience! I only sorted the venue out this morning. They'll be produced early next year and distributed to traders. Don't forget we have the Linlithgow Skills Day and expoEM Spring in the first half of the year first.

Wakefield sounds good to me, just about as easy for occasional cross-border finescale raids.

Linlithgow sounds intriguing too although the jungle drums had tipped me off, I'll listen out for more on that.

EMGS seem to have become reinvigorated of late - all power to them, I'm sure I'll not be the only one considering (re-) joining.   :good: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Certainly good news as far as I am concerned.

I did go to an EXPO EM North at Leeds way back when and Slaithwaite was OK until the venue got spoiled I have never really liked the venues around Manchester. Wakefield was always a good place to hold a show and the ones there were my favourites.

• Like 1

I really think it's a good move, and I live North of Manchester. It might be further travelling by about 15 miles but the drive is less hassle and will take me not much longer. I suspect also the attendance will be better, as it always was at Holmesfield House and at Slewitt! The venue as I remember it is OK and far better than the - erm - house of ordure that Partington is. Well done to all concerned, I'd heard about the other contender in the Manchester area and thought if it went there that would really be the death of the show.

• Like 1

Good to hear it's worked out Pete.  THREE excellent shows in Wakey next year!  And no more trekking across t'Pennines to find a parking spot - I can get there in 5 minutes now, could walk it if weather's OK.  School is on a regular bus route (allegedly every 10 minutes) and not TO far from Sandal and Agbrigg Station which is itself only a short distance from the same bus route.  Plenty of hotels in the Wakefield area too.

To good to miss!

Great! You can steward then!!!!  :this:  :thankyou:

• Like 2

...to mis-quote Mr George Hudson..."make all (model) railways come to Wakefield"...

(apparently Mr H never actually said "make all railways come to York" according to wikiwhatsit))

Edited by Axlebox

See you all in the Star Inn,Sandal (Morton/Collins Brewery) across the road from the venue.

All except 5050 of course who doesn't frequent Public Houses.

Well, not the ones you appear to go to anyway!  I have been known to visit high class licensed establishments on the odd occasion when I wish to imbibe a half (or even a full pint!!) of the landlord's finest.  I suppose I could force myself to partake of the offerings of said 'maison publique' as they say in Wakey on a Saturday neet.

Great! You can steward then!!!!  :this:  :thankyou:

Going by the above, I could be a bar steward.  I will contact you to discuss terms and conditions.

Certainly good news as far as I am concerned.

I did go to an EXPO EM North at Leeds way back when and Slaithwaite was OK until the venue got spoiled I have never really liked the venues around Manchester. Wakefield was always a good place to hold a show and the ones there were my favourites.

I think I was at possibly the first one when it was held in the Masonic Hall in Leeds?  I had 'Preesgwyn' there.

So Billy Cotton's lobbying  wasn't  all in vain!

See you all in the Star Inn,Sandal (Morton/Collins Brewery) across the road from the venue.

All except 5050 of course who doesn't frequent Public Houses.

Having been the beneficiary and guest of GTi's  eatery & hostelry recommendations of the area in the past, looks like the The Red Shed or the Kings Arms may be about to be scratched from the "must make another return visit" list.

What say thee, Mr Axlebox?

P

So Billy Cotton's lobbying  wasn't  all in vain!

Having been the beneficiary and guest of GTi's  eatery & hostelry recommendations of the area in the past, looks like the The Red Shed or the Kings Arms may be about to be scratched from the "must make another return visit" list.

What say thee, Mr Axlebox?

P

...would that be 'The Star' near ASDA on the A6186 [standbridge Lane] "A cosy Inn dating from 1821 with a streamside beer garden...It serves one or two of its own beers plus four or five guest ales mainly from local breweries..." as my recently aquired copy of the 2019 Good Beer Guide advises?

I'll miss the near pitch black darkness of the Kings Arms (its gas lit and they don't feed the meter very often) and the politics lecture that is the Red Shed mind...

All power to the EMGS and lets hope its a good move back over to the dry side.

A/box

I do wonder just how many of the Exhibition Committee had experience of Manchester exhibition centres or venues that could pass as such. To anybody who knows the Greater Manchester area Partington would be a big no-no, but I'm sure that now the Committee is back in its comfort zone all will be OK.

David.

As part of the Exhibition Committee, as you call it, Paddington was a venue we arrived at almost by default. Due to a double booking by Trafford Leisure some years ago, this alternative site was offered to us . Unfortunately due to several reasons our previous and preferred site was unavailable.

Also due to several other factors, we were unable to source an alternative venue, which suited our requirements, until now.

Comfort zones have nothing to with it, just a series of practical and pragmatic decisions. We have also listened to feedback from previous shows and fed this into the decision making process.

• RMweb Gold

I do wonder just how many of the Exhibition Committee had experience of Manchester exhibition centres or venues that could pass as such. To anybody who knows the Greater Manchester area Partington would be a big no-no, but I'm sure that now the Committee is back in its comfort zone all will be OK.

David.

As part of the Exhibition Committee, as you call it, Paddington was a venue we arrived at almost by default. Due to a double booking by Trafford Leisure some years ago, this alternative site was offered to us . Unfortunately due to several reasons our previous and preferred site was unavailable.

Also due to several other factors, we were unable to source an alternative venue, which suited our requirements, until now.

Comfort zones have nothing to with it, just a series of practical and pragmatic decisions. We have also listened to feedback from previous shows and fed this into the decision making process.

I'm sure the committee would appreciate an extra member on the organising team, especially one so well versed in venues on the wet side of the rocks, you would be able to offer a greater insight into their selection?

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know how easy or otherwise it would be to get to this venue using public transport?  I shan't be going to Scalefour North this year but I like my ventures down to Wakefield as apart from anything else it gives me the opportunity to visit old friends not all that far away and this show sounds very appealing.

DT

Torper

Sorry you are not attending Scalefour North this year as it looks to be a cracking show (have to say that because we are taking our Dewsbury layout).

However for Expo, train to Wakefield Westgate and then 110 bus (destination Kettlethorpe or Hall Green) from Wakefield Bus Station, journey time around 15 mins.

The 110 bus is a Leeds to Kettlethorpe or Hall Green service and runs every 10 mins on Saturdays, slightly fewer buses per hour on Sundays.

Torper

Sorry you are not attending Scalefour North this year as it looks to be a cracking show (have to say that because we are taking our Dewsbury layout).

However for Expo, train to Wakefield Westgate and then 110 bus (destination Kettlethorpe or Hall Green) from Wakefield Bus Station, journey time around 15 mins.

The 110 bus is a Leeds to Kettlethorpe or Hall Green service and runs every 10 mins on Saturdays, slightly fewer buses per hour on Sundays.

Or possibly a local train to Sandal station, a short walk up to Barnsley Road, catch the 110 there and 5 mins or so ride to the venue?