Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

It used to be you got you locos and stock for Christmas, but the way things sell these days everyday can be Christmas day - then on actual Christmas day I have a lie in.

You have to get them whilst their available, and CHEAP. :sungum:

Nice looking plan Andy plenty of operational interest

What’s width of your layout ?

Brian

Thanks Brian, if you mean the boards, their 2ft wide, and the Shed is 8ft 6 inches.

I will be using the Peco Set Track Curve of 40.5 inch Radius / 81 inch Diameter, so plenty of room to fit it all in, and the Heljan Locos will negotiate that quite easily, although I may need to put the Flange Squeal function on.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

So is it time to reveal what SMS  / DEY stands for?

Yes I think so.

Here is the Plan for Seven Mill Sidings and Dore End Yard, now a Freight only Branch.

attachicon.gifNew Track Plan.png

I knew a bloke who built a 00 layout similar in his shed, now what was his name? Peter Andrews rings a bell. :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Brian, if you mean the boards, their 2ft wide, and the Shed is 8ft 6 inches.

I will be using the Peco Set Track Curve of 40.5 inch Radius / 81 inch Diameter, so plenty of room to fit it all in, and the Heljan Locos will negotiate that quite easily, although I may need to put the Flange Squeal function on.

You'll have the neighbours asking the RSPCA to check you are not hurting animals if too loud.

So is it time to reveal what SMS  / DEY stands for?

Yes I think so.

Here is the Plan for Seven Mill Sidings and Dore End Yard, now a Freight only Branch.

attachicon.gifNew Track Plan.png

:read:       :swoon:  :swoon:  :swoon:  :swoon: 

Plenty of good and expert building going on there Andy from an empty space, onwards.

I've decided to use the space in front of the sector plate area as part of my layout display but I do like the symmetry of your sector plate over your bench / desk.

Of course my method requires me to operate the fiddle yard from the layout rear even though I can do everything else from the front.

I also like the way you have created an arc and pivot point for the traverser where as I have got 2 rail trays that bolt into rail alignment position and slide in and out of position, yours seems a lot more flexible and less fiddly to do.

I've also ear-marked it for future reference and may even change my fiddle yard in build at the moment to suit.

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

Cheers Guys, for all the comments and information, all good stuff.

I am pleased to report that Pen Y Bont is now sold and gone to a good home, where it will continue to be developed by another R M Web member.

post-9335-0-43857000-1536672967_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Cheers Guys, for all the comments and information, all good stuff.

I am pleased to report that Pen Y Bont is now sold and gone to a good home, where it will continue to be developed by another R M Web member.

attachicon.gifIMG_5760.JPG

Andy my good man ....when I sell my Chester Northgate Shed layout would sell it for me cos you must have the gift of the gab then again you did sell cars so that perhaps explains your success .....sheep skin jacket needed me thinks

Andy my good man ....when I sell my Chester Northgate Shed layout would sell it for me cos you must have the gift of the gab then again you did sell cars so that perhaps explains your success .....sheep skin jacket needed me thinks

And a Pork Pie hat!!!!

Jinty ;)

I did wonder if there was expansion in mind and when the new boards were shown I did look at the far end for signs of a joint, assume you're going to put banks to the river in the gap?

Is the Lima 33 under scale?

Yes hopefully a River or similar, unless I need more room for the Oil Depot and Engineers Yard.

The 33 is almost spot on when parked next to a 25, but as the two will very rarely be seen together it won't matter to much.

Yes Guvnor, warrantied to the kerbside, and one lady owner. :no:

I did wonder if there was expansion in mind and when the new boards were shown I did look at the far end for signs of a joint, assume you're going to put banks to the river in the gap?

Is the Lima 33 under scale?

Yes hopefully a River or similar, unless I need more room for the Oil Depot and Engineers Yard.

The 33 is almost spot on when parked next to a 25, but as the two will very rarely be seen together it won't matter to much.

I'll do a comparison photo when I go out into the Shed later.

Anyone who knows me and knows my modelling, will know I like Sidings, Points and MORE TRACK than is nessacery, so here goes again.

I think I need a spur for the SMS Shunter to sit in between duties. It will mean a 4 Track Road overbridge, but I can live with that.

post-9335-0-96121900-1536681234_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41625800-1536681292_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Ah Andy there you are!

Must be those granduous scale locos youve disappeared behind!

Hiding in the 7mm section! Glad I found you and following with interest!

John

Hi John, and thanks, good to have you back on board.

Hey you put that Rat back in it's box  :threaten: , you said it was low mileage and one owner, you are the 2nd owner & it's clocking up the meters now ......  :mosking:

Best regards

Welsh cake Man