Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

So here is the comparrison pics of the Lima 33 and Heljan 25.

Bear in mind that the 33 will look different once it has Snow Ploughs, Oleo Buffers and Buffer beam detail, along with the correct Bogie side frames and some weathering.

post-9335-0-51914600-1536687146_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34767700-1536687186_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31889900-1536687237_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Andy my good man ....when I sell my Chester Northgate Shed layout would sell it for me cos you must have the gift of the gab then again you did sell cars so that perhaps explains your success .....sheep skin jacket needed me thinks[/quote

Nice one !!!'

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Bear in mind that the 33 will look different once it has Snow Ploughs, Oleo Buffers and Buffer beam detail, along with the correct Bogie side frames and some weathering.

attachicon.gif

I'd not noticed the Lima 33 has the original style silencer until now. The Heljan is the later plated over arrangement.

So is it time to reveal what SMS  / DEY stands for?

Yes I think so.

Here is the Plan for Seven Mill Sidings and Dore End Yard, now a Freight only Branch.

attachicon.gifNew Track Plan.png

Nice stuff Andy, but it was an easy "read".

If you were a poker player you'd only have two bets viz. "All in" and "fold" and you'd use only big blue chips!

We've just seen both in 1 day :jester:

Keep it up, good to see the old mojo back.

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains

Nice stuff Andy, but it was an easy "read".

If you were a poker player you'd only have two bets viz. "All in" and "fold" and you'd use only big blue chips!

We've just seen both in 1 day :jester:

Keep it up, good to see the old mojo back.

Colin

Thanks Colin, it's certainly good to feel I have another project to enjoy, the last few have all been different, and each really enjoyable in their own right, so once again, it's a new challenge.

There won't be a lot done until the end of next week as I'm away, but then I can crack on and start to lay some more Track and put some Power to it.

Glad you've enjoyed it so far.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning George, two reasons for the Sector Plate really, firstly I have no where to store the racks, and secondly the FEAR of dropping one, after all, even your average wagon is at least 40 quid, and nearer 80 spondoolies for a Heljan one.

Speaking from experience it is a bit hairy when turning a cassette round where the loco has an ABC gearbox free running enough to roll on a slight gradient. Luckily we never had one roll off mainly by holding the cassette by the ends.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'll try again, :O  I just did this post and the interwhatsit went down and so I lost the lot. :scared:  :scared:  :scared: 

Steve, sb67,  in Post 315, asked to see how I lay the Sector plate, so here goes, AGAIN. :no:

Firstly I fitted a back stop.

attachicon.gifIMG_5721.JPG

Next I marked a centre line for centre track and fitted that.

attachicon.gifIMG_5720.JPG

Then I fitted the main board track to the sector track

attachicon.gifIMG_5722.JPG

Next I swung the sector out and laid the next main track at 4 inch centre line.

attachicon.gifIMG_5723.JPG

I can now fit the back sector track aligning with the main board track

attachicon.gifIMG_5724.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5725.JPG

Swing the sector back, and fit the front sector track

attachicon.gifIMG_5726.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5727.JPG

Swing forward, and lay the last board track

attachicon.gifIMG_5728.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5729.JPG

Then FULLY TEST.

attachicon.gifIMG_5733.JPG

Then do a Loco lift test.

attachicon.gifIMG_5738.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5742.JPG

And finally, Seven Mill Sidings Yard.

attachicon.gifIMG_5743.JPG

Useful video showing how to do it Andy.

Don

Mark the Baseboard Chippy came around last night to do a couple of small bits. We have moved the outer stop on the Sector Plate so the the centre road will now swing out to the storage siding, so enabling an arriving Train to come in on the correct loop, onto the Sector Plate, and then revers into the Scenic Sidings.

We also played around with the Track to ensure it would all fit nicely at Dore End, and it does, although the Oil Depot will need to extend more towards the River I feel.

More later.

• Like 6

Mark the Baseboard Chippy came around last night to do a couple of small bits. We have moved the outer stop on the Sector Plate so the the centre road will now swing out to the storage siding, so enabling an arriving Train to come in on the correct loop, onto the Sector Plate, and then revers into the Scenic Sidings.

We also played around with the Track to ensure it would all fit nicely at Dore End, and it does, although the Oil Depot will need to extend more towards the River I feel.

More later.

You've been quiet all day - are we expecting to see track in situ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_5761.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5762.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5763.JPG

I do hope you can do something with that 33. Out of the box it looks someone has sat on and squashed it.

Edited by brushman47544

This morning I've finished off laying Seven Mills Sidings, and next week I can move onto the other side and start to lay Dore End and the Yard., plus I need to make up the end board, which will now have the Oil Depot on it, as well as the River crossing, I hope.

The strait 6ft long Loops out on the Main Line will allow me to hold a Train prior to entering the Fiddle Yard, or after leaving it for a passing Train area.

post-9335-0-78794200-1536845118_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70907600-1536845175_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06732400-1536845234_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70419600-1536845289_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Andy,

Looks like you'll have this one finished by the weekend at this rate.  :nono:  :nono:

I've not decided what point work to use on my O gauge layout as yet and as this is all very new to me i cant say that i've taken that much detail notice of O Gauge point work at exhibitions. Can you tell me if the switch blades on the PECO turnouts are hinged (as in their OO gauge) or are they continuous up to the frog?

Hi Andy,

Looks like you'll have this one finished by the weekend at this rate.  :nono:  :nono:

I've not decided what point work to use on my O gauge layout as yet and as this is all very new to me i cant say that i've taken that much detail notice of O Gauge point work at exhibitions. Can you tell me if the switch blades on the PECO turnouts are hinged (as in their OO gauge) or are they continuous up to the frog?

Hi Ray, I use Peco Points, but mine are heavily modified.

I cut away the Frog wires under the points, and then fit a Track Feed wire from the Blade to the Stock Rail, this also acts as a Dropper.

post-9335-0-32934600-1536850328_thumb.jp

I also Solder the Hinge /Fish Plate in the middle, as I remove all the Spring mechanism to fit Traintronic TT 300 DCC  / DC Point Motors.

TRATT300_33705_Qty1_1.jpg

I also remove all the nasty gubbins around the Tie Bar and replace it with 3 plain Sleepers with outer chairs removed for the curve of the Point.

post-9335-0-83994800-1536850400_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-27182500-1536850465_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-47989900-1536850557_thumb.jp

Lastly I fit Parlimentry Trains Point Drops Stops.

post-6682-0-05497400-1516009056_thumb.jp

I hope this all helps.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This morning I've finished off laying Seven Mills Sidings, and next week I can move onto the other side and start to lay Dore End and the Yard., plus I need to make up the end board, which will now have the Oil Depot on it, as well as the River crossing, I hope.

The strait 6ft long Loops out on the Main Line will allow me to hold a Train prior to entering the Fiddle Yard, or after leaving it for a passing Train area.

attachicon.gifIMG_5764.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5765.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5766.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5767.JPG

Now if that were 00 you could have had twice as many sidings, a station, loco shed, and dairy and still have room for your travelers pitch.  :protest:

Now if that were 00 you could have had twice as many sidings, a station, loco shed, and dairy and still have room for your travelers pitch.  :protest:

And in ''N''...…………...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: