Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year Mr P!

I have been interstate dodging border restrictions here in Oz.

Love the new area and agree that the 2 laziest people in the world must be on your layout.  Better there than at a COVID testing station!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Happy New Year Mr P!

I have been interstate dodging border restrictions here in Oz.

Love the new area and agree that the 2 laziest people in the world must be on your layout.  Better there than at a COVID testing station!

Thanks, and a Happy to you to kind Sir.

Yes they do seem rather lazy.

On 07/01/2021 at 17:48, Andrew P said:

I wanted the Ballast in the standing areas to look darker than the running line, but not to dark, and depending o how this dries, it looks quite good so far. I've just been out for a quick look and its almost set, and the colour has stayed nice and dark, so it looks like I won't need to go over it with powders or Air Brush.

IMG_3747.JPG.6a5f60921467791624e92bbcf4d19749.JPG

Like this view. How have you illuminated the bufferstop lamps?

Gene.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mopar said:

Like this view. How have you illuminated the bufferstop lamps?

Gene.

Hi Gene, Its simply a 2mm LED with a hole drilled through the Lamp unit. a 1K resistor and the two wires run down the legs and are soldered to the track, be careful as they only go around one way, but you wont blow the LED providing you have soldered the Resistor to the LONG LEG of the LED.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, pwr said:

Oooh New stock!

Paul R

Haha, Yes indeed Paul, I bought it a Month or so ago from Hattons, I have the Sound Chip but waiting for the numbers and speaker plus a High Intensity Headlamp to fit, that should be fun, NOT.:scratchhead:

12 minutes ago, georgeT said:

There's a lot of weight in the yard today buddy, that 56 looks the part can't wait for the Heljan one to appear..

I must admit, the New 56 does look the dogs nuts, but I need to sell the NSE 33 first, or do a Body swap as ian suggested, maybe for a Dutch one or Construction.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I must admit, the New 56 does look the dogs nuts, but I need to sell the NSE 33 first, or do a Body swap as ian suggested, maybe for a Dutch one or Construction.

I dont think a respray to something basic like blue is astronomical and by the time you've inevitably had to take a discount to shift it less fees etc probably not much in it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Go for BLUE Andy, l have 33012 (Weathered) and it just shouts EASTLEIGH every time l look at her bringing back so many good memories of times we shared there, having two blue 33s would be great ? IMHO ...

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

I dont think a respray to something basic like blue is astronomical and by the time you've inevitably had to take a discount to shift it less fees etc probably not much in it.

I have a Plan.:good:

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Go for BLUE Andy, l have 33012 (Weathered) and it just shouts EASTLEIGH every time l look at her bringing back so many good memories of times we shared there, having two blue 33s would be great ? IMHO ...

Not sure another Blue one would float my Boat, but we will see, I need a chat with my Accountant and see what funds are in the Swiss Account.:laugh:

• Funny 5

12 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Oh is it one worthy of a Professor of Cunning & Fiendish Plans at Oxford University or is it going to be your usual bodgit and see.

We await the reveal oh Master of the Bodgit.

A plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox

Paul R

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:
2 hours ago, pwr said:

A plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox

Paul R

Oh is it one worthy of a Professor of Cunning & Fiendish Plans at Oxford University or is it going to be your usual bodgit and see.

We await the reveal oh Master of the Bodgit.

Maybe not so much a Plan, maybe more of an idea. :banghead: