Jump to content
*** USERS MAY EXPERIE

Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale


Grimleygrid
 Share

Recommended Posts

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 13:39, Grimleygrid said:

BBA long steel carrier wagon, has arrived in the U.K.

 

 

May seen daft !

How does one purchase these.

Or are they all preordered.

Just been on the Cavalex Models web site.

Is there any model shops selling these now ?

Thanks

Peter

Link to post
Share on other sites

My BBAs arrived today after a night in the holding cell of my local Royal Mail delivery depot after the dreaded red slip was found when I got home. On first glance these are real stunners. The metal grate floors are a work of art. Will have a proper look and might well do a review in full soon. Some photos below!118549007_337206650762383_5061705808898699662_n.jpg.41ec3b72b1fb94be4a8aee30db545fee.jpg118516789_712387249341325_260651295234249895_n.jpg.663c5bc542ea57276d358f2a45c70329.jpg118654108_2802214720002500_6374955648343071457_n.jpg.73ef3a5c2e2087d2e261bb719babc0f5.jpg118637695_778716342879038_5076682014316867456_n.jpg.8a4e0fdbf76b738c4732acc4bbf176b3.jpg118600886_1187684584951543_382011775388220417_n.jpg.779b6dd48000e3c0f9a441c8620875aa.jpg118559489_360373958324262_8334872651543461465_n.jpg.44e63bfc886c0229bf41653f830ba770.jpg

Edited by richscylla
Image issues
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Peter Eaton said:

 

 

May seen daft !

How does one purchase these.

Or are they all preordered.

Just been on the Cavalex Models web site.

Is there any model shops selling these now ?

Thanks

Peter

You had to pre order and pay by instalments to Cavalex before they went into production. The BBAs are being advertised by a small number of retailers such as Colletts. There are special 3 pack versions available from Rails, but the BBA packs have sold out, they still have the BLA packs  the steel coil carrying versions. 

Edited by rembrow
Correction
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Owen, that seems odd, we haven't seen any loose tension locks on the models that we have looked at, the NEM pocket has a very positive fit. I would say you have been unlucky and there may be something wrong with the prongs on the Tension lock coupler, can you bend them out slightly to make a more positive fit in the NEM pocket? Does the blanking plate in the detail pack fit positively?

 

If you can take a picture of the offending item we I can see if I spot anything that's not right.

 

Regards

Cav

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Well these wagons are absolute stunners. Cav, Alex, a huge thank you for bringing these to market. I received my two versions yesterday and they are amazing. In hindsight (yes I know) I wish I’d ordered a couple more. Hey ho.

 

thanks again.

 

best wishes Peter

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, RBE said:

Hi Owen, that seems odd, we haven't seen any loose tension locks on the models that we have looked at, the NEM pocket has a very positive fit. I would say you have been unlucky and there may be something wrong with the prongs on the Tension lock coupler, can you bend them out slightly to make a more positive fit in the NEM pocket? Does the blanking plate in the detail pack fit positively?

 

If you can take a picture of the offending item we I can see if I spot anything that's not right.

 

Regards

Cav

Yeh it fits fine, both ends of same wagon kept coming out..... replaced with Bachmann couplings and no probs.... tho two couplings with wagon don’t go it to anything so they are problem and are in bin, other 4 are fine so far and I’ve 12 more coming from various shops so let’s see if any more rouge couplings.....  I can’t reiterate what a brilliant wagon you have done. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Owen, it seems that it may be a slight tolerance issue in the prongs of the Tension lock coupler. It should be possible to bend them out with some nose pliers if necessary however keep us informed about the rest of the wagon and if this is a persistent issue we will look into it at factory level.

 

Cheers

Cav

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My order of 4 x BBA’s to add to the rake of BAA’s arrived safe and sound this morning, very well packaged. Simply stunning quality models .... many thanks Cavalex for your efforts bringing this project to fruition.

 

I’ve recently been converting my fixed rakes to Hunt couplings and I’ve just converted the BBA’s and given them a test run behind double headed 87’s and no problems so far. I had some of the Scalemodelscenery card kit steel coils already prepared ... 

 

232D6AAB-B5DC-470A-95CA-1E08CF3791BB.jpeg.3520bb68639e49988f1c654b99334be5.jpeg

 

22BFFC13-E1C4-4FBC-874F-E6A700F9B1F4.jpeg.9cc5b14384e4531a6974d2f8902ef54c.jpeg
 

EDE52F3C-5EF7-487F-A474-9C010D03CC6B.jpeg.22476fa5d3fdeb88867d7cba1b11d736.jpeg

 

EF6C4432-067A-4E3D-997E-91748E5C0A28.jpeg.fd49b29911dd31a7725cd803afe5885d.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RBE said:

Hi Owen, that seems odd, we haven't seen any loose tension locks on the models that we have looked at, the NEM pocket has a very positive fit. I would say you have been unlucky and there may be something wrong with the prongs on the Tension lock coupler, can you bend them out slightly to make a more positive fit in the NEM pocket? Does the blanking plate in the detail pack fit positively?

 

If you can take a picture of the offending item we I can see if I spot anything that's not right.

 

Regards

Cav


My tension locks feel very secure and as you say, feels like a very positive fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RBE said:

Thanks Owen, it seems that it may be a slight tolerance issue in the prongs of the Tension lock coupler. It should be possible to bend them out with some nose pliers if necessary however keep us informed about the rest of the wagon and if this is a persistent issue we will look into it at factory level.

 

Cheers

Cav

I did video of it but it must be more than 10Mb as wont upload to site..... I know nothing about Mb stuff and my phone.... anyway its sorted now and I've been on a tour of friends with model interests and all think it's a top top piece of modeling ( and engineering) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 6 arrived this morning and they're fantastic wagons.

 

Just a little feedback, I'd echo the comments about the NEM couplings and mine pull out a little easier than I'd expect and one wheelset was a bit stiff in turning where it looked like the brake caliper moulding was fouling the wheel slightly. Nothing a small dab of glue or slight tweaking cant fix when I come to have a working layout.

 

These are right up there with the best RTR 00 gauge wagons I've seen and I'll definitely have a few more when you ... hint hint ... do another run of the Railfreight Red ones ... ;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GordonC said:

My 6 arrived this morning and they're fantastic wagons.

 

Just a little feedback, I'd echo the comments about the NEM couplings and mine pull out a little easier than I'd expect and one wheelset was a bit stiff in turning where it looked like the brake caliper moulding was fouling the wheel slightly. Nothing a small dab of glue or slight tweaking cant fix when I come to have a working layout.

 

These are right up there with the best RTR 00 gauge wagons I've seen and I'll definitely have a few more when you ... hint hint ... do another run of the Railfreight Red ones ... ;)

 

Good afternoon Gordon,

 

Thank you for your comments it is always good to receive feedback which will be taken into account for future production runs.

 

Thank you for your kind words and support it is very much appreciated.

 

Best Regards


Alex

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Patriot87003 said:

My order of 4 x BBA’s to add to the rake of BAA’s arrived safe and sound this morning, very well packaged. Simply stunning quality models .... many thanks Cavalex for your efforts bringing this project to fruition.

 

I’ve recently been converting my fixed rakes to Hunt couplings and I’ve just converted the BBA’s and given them a test run behind double headed 87’s and no problems so far. I had some of the Scalemodelscenery card kit steel coils already prepared ... 

 

232D6AAB-B5DC-470A-95CA-1E08CF3791BB.jpeg.3520bb68639e49988f1c654b99334be5.jpeg

 

22BFFC13-E1C4-4FBC-874F-E6A700F9B1F4.jpeg.9cc5b14384e4531a6974d2f8902ef54c.jpeg
 

EDE52F3C-5EF7-487F-A474-9C010D03CC6B.jpeg.22476fa5d3fdeb88867d7cba1b11d736.jpeg

 

EF6C4432-067A-4E3D-997E-91748E5C0A28.jpeg.fd49b29911dd31a7725cd803afe5885d.jpeg

 

 

 

Fantastic, thank you for sharing your excellent photos. The BBAs look great on your layout.

 

Double headed 87s......your layout is like a time machine!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/08/2020 at 14:21, owentherail said:

I'm looking out for post man already...... lol, 

Seriously tho, as the stantions are brass are they easily bendable as per real wagon.

Is Rails BLAs here too? 

Cheers 

Owen 

I was only a day out...... fast turn around to get them out gentlemen 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have very limited numbers of the single wagons available to order online immediately.

Any orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

 

Railfreight (£45.00).  - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50569/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-RF(1)-BBA-Railfreight-910075

 

Plain Brown (£45.00). - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50570/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-PB(1)-BBA-Plain-Brown

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We have very limited numbers of the single wagons available to order online immediately.

Any orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

 

Railfreight (£45.00).  - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50569/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-RF(1)-BBA-Railfreight-910075

 

Plain Brown (£45.00). - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50570/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-PB(1)-BBA-Plain-Brown

 

 

Superb- managed to get another Railfreight one. That’s me a happy man again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

We have very limited numbers of the single wagons available to order online immediately.

Any orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

 

Railfreight (£45.00).  - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50569/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-RF(1)-BBA-Railfreight-910075

 

Plain Brown (£45.00). - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50570/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-PB(1)-BBA-Plain-Brown

 

 

These wont last long 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Trains4U said:

We have very limited numbers of the single wagons available to order online immediately.

Any orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

 

Railfreight (£45.00).  - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50569/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-RF(1)-BBA-Railfreight-910075

 

Plain Brown (£45.00). - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50570/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-PB(1)-BBA-Plain-Brown

 

 

Bonus !

 

I've just expanded my rake !

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Trains4U said:

We have very limited numbers of the single wagons available to order online immediately.

Any orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

 

Railfreight (£45.00).  - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50569/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-RF(1)-BBA-Railfreight-910075

 

Plain Brown (£45.00). - http://www.trains4u.com/p/50570/Cavalex-Models-CM-BBA01-PB(1)-BBA-Plain-Brown

Thank you

Just ordered mine,

& had looked at your web site earlier today

Peter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my order yesterday and again very pleased with the attention to detail on this wagon and service from Cavalex. Looking forward to future releases from them. 
 

Davie. 

Edited by djp76
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a cracking job you have done with this wagon. I am blown away by it. I can’t wait for packs A and B from Rails to arrive. 
For quite some time I have wondered if Bachmann's BAA’s were not quite the correct shade of red. I am now convinced it needs to be more slightly orange. So much so, I’ve had a go at respraying a BAA. Looks better for it! 
Thanks again for these wonderful gems. 
66738

19219C7F-3F11-4AD1-88C8-0597EBEB08F3.jpeg

4F291FC1-69CB-4C5C-B564-0CFFB387B9E1.jpeg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been really busy this week dispatching direct customer orders, which we’ve nearly completed. We’re also pleased to show the first photos of Rails of Sheffield’s exclusive BBA/BLA triple packs, which also arrived earlier in the week.   

 

IMG_6286.jpg.92a89d192cd29387a8a840a82fbad22d.jpg

 

IMG_6282.jpg.cef835a2363db1ada29d46516175acb1.jpg

 

IMG_6255.jpg.33051ca3410dbd6f88676caaa8d9564f.jpg

 

IMG_6253.jpg.d4cda3e0b4c85f6f11f246743feeff20.jpg

 

Please see the full gallery on our website here: 
https://www.cavalexmodels.com/august-2020-update

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...