Now with Videos! Stranraer ‘themed’ loft layout 1959-64

danstercivicman

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Nice . It’s even the Princess Victoria as well .  Your certainly making great progress

Just now, danstercivicman said:

Good info, that appears to have been the case.  I’ll try and dig out that documentary if it’s on YouTube :) 

Cheers :)

I’ve had a cd drawer motor arrive to fix the Class 110 to make it smoother but now I need a pinion puller!!

7 hours ago, danstercivicman said:

Good info, that appears to have been the case.  I’ll try and dig out that documentary if it’s on YouTube :) 

No chance I'm afraid. Everything I did for the BBC Computer Literacy Project is currently available from the BBC and I do sometimes see other bits of my work  and even whole programmes on YouTube but only from the late 1980s onward. I've not been able to find any of the shorts, like the ROC film, that  I made around the early 1980s for BBC South.  They were shot and cut on reversal film, transmitted straight off telecine into a live broadcast and never transferred to tape.  They may still exist in an obscure film library (though I doubt it) and, even when I wanted one of them- an interview with a veteran of Ypres- for a BBC WW1 project a few years ago, I could find no record of it at all let alone the film itself. 

I'm afraid that television is very ephemeral and I can't even remember making some of the stuff that had my name on the end; that may of course be a blessing!

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pacific231G said:

No chance I'm afraid. Everything I did for the BBC Computer Literacy Project is currently available from the BBC and I do sometimes see other bits of my work  and even whole programmes on YouTube but only from the late 1980s onward. I've not been able to find any of the shorts, like the ROC film, that  I made around the early 1980s for BBC South.  They were shot and cut on reversal film, transmitted straight off telecine into a live broadcast and never transferred to tape.  They may still exist in an obscure film library (though I doubt it) and, even when I wanted one of them- an interview with a veteran of Ypres- for a BBC WW1 project a few years ago, I could find no record of it at all let alone the film itself. 

I'm afraid that television is very ephemeral and I can't even remember making some of the stuff that had my name on the end; that may of course be a blessing!

if you have any film names (can PM me your full real name as in credits) i could dig the inet, you never know :)  

Not a great deal happening.  

Tomorrow should see the start of the U section and fiddleyard.  

Just doing sing some minor scenic work creating what will be a disused storage area behind the linkspan.

It needs some scrap to make it look messier and the wall around it partitions the end of the pier into the land mass on the harbour side. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, danstercivicman said:

Deffo :)

Just got to fit the CD player motor first :) 

Hi Dan

Why? I have tons of these motors. Take it apart. Do not allow the brush springs or brushes to run away. Give a good clean. Put it back together and lightly oil the main bearing, the gears and axles. Then disassemble the trailing bogie, give the axles and the bearing surfaces a clean. Remember to put it back the right way or the motor won't get any electrickerty.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Dan

Why? I have tons of these motors. Take it apart. Do not allow the brush springs or brushes to run away. Give a good clean. Put it back together and lightly oil the main bearing, the gears and axles. Then disassemble the trailing bogie, give the axles and the bearing surfaces a clean. Remember to put it back the right way or the motor won't get any electrickerty.

I’ll give it a try :) 

Meanwhile I’ve been experimenting and made a field... 

I cant find where I put my ballast???

I’ve weathered the road abit as I imagine cattle would have been herded down it from the linkspan to the lairage.

The entrance of which is just off scene behind the blue car in the foreground.

That’s also the entrance to the small goods area and milk transfer equipment.

The lairage will be next to the track in the foreground. 

I’ll print some brick paper and finish the wall over the next few days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by danstercivicman
Spelling again
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

nice i reconsie that fence  :)

image.png.90e17718bfd0609da08ca954f1004229.png

erm what.. is that to make it slower ? got any details as have some shuters that nead SLOWing down ALOT :) 

Cheers, it’s not quite right but it will do.

I think the CD motor is just smoother. It takes the place of the old one and just gives smoother operation.

I’ll try servicing mine first as Clive said. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, danstercivicman said:

Not a great deal happening.  

Tomorrow should see the start of the U section and fiddleyard.  

Just doing sing some minor scenic work creating what will be a disused storage area behind the linkspan.

It needs some scrap to make it look messier and the wall around it partitions the end of the pier into the land mass on the harbour side. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a lovely back end of a ferry hanging off the wall there . Recognisable as Caledonian Princess . One you paint superstructure on back scene should be pretty convincing. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Legend said:

That's a lovely back end of a ferry hanging off the wall there . Recognisable as Caledonian Princess . One you paint superstructure on back scene should be pretty convincing. 

Thanks very much :)

I’ll have her sat in some ‘water’ but yes I hope it will make it ‘Stranraer’ :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, danstercivicman said:

Quite fitting that the N.Irishman is the first train to cross board 3 and 4 as it heads towards Carlisle...

Will the end board be scenic Dan? That curve is too nice to be hidden.

8 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

But it goes the wrong way!

Erm yes after it goes past the first 90 degrees otherwise true to prototype...

It would then turn towards the wall join the lines from Stranraer town, the engine shed and the goods yard with the carriage sidings off to its right :) 

Otherwise I’d need another loft to extend into 

Well.  Early morning operating sessions show the need for more fiddleyard!   I’ve got some space left so the eventual plan will be to extend this and have a loco turntable at the end? 

I have also also found that I will need to add a couple of isolating sections to all the Hunslet to remove stock. 

With the DMU being out of action I also need to keep a road free in the Harbour Station to permit the tank engine to run round. 

So much to do! 

2 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

did you see the layout where they used a spiral and put the fidel yard under the layout.. i thought that was a good idea (apart from doing back in to get to it etc.. :) i will try and rember which on it was 

Yeah far too complex :)

https://peco-uk.com/products/loco-lift-and-storage-unit

Thats a great deal easier :) 

I think that’s what I’ll use in the fiddleyard 

Info
  • Like 1