Bachmann Europe launch 2019 catalogues - a view of 2018

Andy Y

I hope that's true as I'm waiting for these, but it says Nov 2019 on the Bachmann website which is more like Q4

It's scheduled to be shipping during Q3 so a Nov shelf date is quite possible.

I hope that's true as I'm waiting for these, but it says Nov 2019 on the Bachmann website which is more like Q4

Andy has quoted anticipated shipping dates from China.  Bachmann list the delivery to shops on their website. So these tie up.

What doesn't is the 158/9s which will no doubt upset a few people, but at least they are this year.

Some flipping good news on both their new releases and some, hopefully, firmer dates for announced models.

I shall be amassing some new BDAs, VDAs, and that lovely ZDA, whenever they turn up. This will hopefully shorten the list of kits I have not built yet..... I am also very drawn to the 1950's/60's terraced housing they have produced, which are ideal for my layout. At last someone has understood that houses did not stop being built in 1930.

But I am really waiting for the 2 HAP. The dates for this have shifted again and again, but I take heart from it being the first pic in Andy's list. Q4 for shipping is fine by me, but TBA is still the mantra on Baccy's own site.

All in all, the Blues will get far more of my sovs than the Reds in 2019 (if these dates are not over-optimistic), but then I am a bit peculiar. So far, Olivia's are way ahead, but only because their BOC tanks are so expensive reasonably well priced for the niche product in which they have invested heavily.

Edited by Mike Storey

Some nice little surprises in there if you have a dig around - D213 especially!

Any update on the V2’s or any planned further class 90 liveries? cough* DB cough*

Cheers,

Edited by 60800

• Administrators

He's found something particularly interesting and useful now!

attachicon.gifProses.jpg

It seems Proses (who Bachmann distribute in the UK) are making plastic sheets.

Having asked a few questions and poked around, this isn't plastic sheet, it's a thicker and softer material that I think goes under the trade name "Paylight". It's very light and soft enough to be embossed. Those who remember Iain Robinson's blog will know he was a fan and produced amazing results. 

There are many finished and they all look good. Price appears to be £11-£14 for 3 sheets, so comparable to PlastiKard. I look forward to getting my hands on some eventually for a magazine build project.

• Like 1

• Administrators

What...? He's not waiting until he's kicked out of the door? Dereliction of duty I say - after all he can't have run out of film in this digital age.

I wished I'd stayed longer after being unlucky enough to encounter a duff contactless ticket machine AND ticket inspectors on a bus. £40 penalty fare... :-(

Anyway, to be honest, there wasn't much for me to photograph and the 6:45 start to the day was starting to catch up with me. I needed to chat with Andy Y as well. 

There is a video interview recorded with Richard Proudman and a behind the scenes piece that need editing. I'll be aiming those for next weeks BRM Express newsletter if they have come out OK. We've talked a bit about the factory changes as well as some of the announced items. 

In addition, Andy Y is heading off to one of the other events, so there may well be even more photos to come.

• RMweb Gold

She's old enough to be my mother.  xD

With a young lady wearing snakeskin boots & hotpants, it's enough to make you reach for the soldering iron...

I notice the chap on the right of the photo was counting the rivets on her bicycle chain...