AY Mod

New feature - Bookmarks

I have installed a new feature for members; a capacity to bookmark content within RMweb.

From the dropdown menu accessed by clicking on your username at the top right of the screen you will see a My Bookmarks link. From here you can create your own sub-folders for bookmarks e.g. modelling reference, prototype reference etc. You can then access any bookmarked content from here.

At the bottom of each post (please note you can only Bookmark posts, not pages) there is a Bookmark link - clicking on that adds it to your bookmarks and if you have created any sub-folders you can choose where to save it to. You can choose for your bookmarks to be public or private - I would suggest private (in fact if I could have removed the public option I would have). Bookmarks can be removed at the relevant post or within My Bookmarks.

This is a neat way of saving material for later reference without being reliant upon your browser (and saving space in your browser's bookmarker.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

You (as Admin/Mod) could use the public bookmarks for 'pinned' topics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You (as Admin/Mod) could use the public bookmarks for 'pinned' topics.

I have; they're in invisible ink along every other damned thing I type.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I like them - easy enough to set up and helpful for navigation.

• Thanks 1

I've set up four bookmark categories, I may be doing something stupid, but some of the posts I've bookmarked show up in more than one category.

25 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

Has this feature now been deleted?

Currently out of action as the developer of it has had problems with the latest version of the software. The solution is pending a bug fix in a forthcoming update. The intention is to then reinstate it.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 16:41, AY Mod said:

Currently out of action as the developer of it has had problems with the latest version of the software. The solution is pending a bug fix in a forthcoming update. The intention is to then reinstate it.

Now operational again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A very useful feature. How many times when reading through posts do you think "thats handy, must remember it for the future" and then promptly forget it. My first category is 'computing tips'  now anything useful I see for tips on using the forum get bookmarked into there. You can set up as many Categories as you find useful so track electrics ? Kadees ? Weathering tips ? Then later go to your bookmarks 'click' and your right back to that handy post

Nice one Andy :good:

• Thanks 1

Hi, a very useful feature, thanks. Excuse my ignorance but what does the 'sticky' feature do when turned on? I note it's default is off.

Phil.