Eastbury Yard (a modern era yard somewhere in the South West)

pitbull1845

Thanks for the comments guys, its coming together slowly. I think once I get the fencing and the bushes across the back it will look better.  Then weather the ballast etc etc....

In other news, the 5 bodies have arrived for the MXA project. so the next phase can start. 

As usual thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Cheers

Scott

5.jpg.40b8b35bfdc76a370a3f7088e13e4b7a.jpg 

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Were the bodies a shapeways thing ? 
Attractive wagons those are most definitely 

No, A colleague has an interest in designing 3D items so we've come up with this. I was then put in touch with someone else who has an interest in 3D printing and printed them out for me.      

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

No, A colleague has an interest in designing 3D items so we've come up with this. I was then put in touch with someone else who has an interest in 3D printing and printed them out for me.      

You will be asking someone else who has an interest in paint next :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, d winpenny said:

Just watched the layout update video might have a bda you can have for cheap if you need any for the MXA  project?

david

Thanks David, that would be very helpful.. Update on the project to follow.

Evening, 

I'm sure you're all fed up of hearing about the bloody MXA's, but I have good news. The first two are through the production line (just need varnishing to protect the transfers)

As a first project with 3d printing I think they've come out rather well. Not 100% accurate but they certainly give the feel of the wagon.  

I promise I wont mention them for a while now, I still have another 3 to do, so I expect when they're done I'll post again!   :D

Thanks for looking. and have a good weekend

Scott

mxa13.jpg.12a0a4cd18df55d6e8c46dd37ffb6cfc.jpgmxa10.jpg.f03064648e912899efe62bb0e30bf62b.jpgmxa11.jpg.79ac1ec1cbddc5d72cf2400bc5bf47cd.jpgmxa12.jpg.b27c2ae43616e54f78b8d30301fd8273.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Good morning,

Apologies for reposting my YouTube link! I can't seem to delete it from my where I type comments. #Confused.com

*Edit - reposting it has cleared it just in case you're interested! :D

Can't get to the layout today as I'm at work, which is so frustrating when I have lots to do.

if you manage to get modelling time this weekend, have fun and hope you're productive. 

20210305_162642.jpg.f6c86bdf2f88c296acde887a12943cb4.jpg

Edited by pitbull1845
you tube!
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Is that a Bachmann orange 66 Scott ?

colour looks better than the Hattons one I feel 

Hi Rob, 

Yes it is, not sure if this image has a filter on it or not, but to the naked eye it looks fine. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Afternoon, 

Just a brief update to say that the new siding has been added, so the virtual quarry is now going ahead. 

it's wired In, I need to ballast it next and then work on the quarry itself,  although the scenery at the back needs to be done before I can start at the front of the layout. IMG_20210309_134119_931.jpg.dae7881faab92982030a68e204a25ea7.jpg

• Like 11

37099 was the unusual traction on the 67OW Bescot- Eastbury engineers today. Bringing with it 3 BDA wagons,. which will be shunted to the nearby wagon works. 

08511 was used for the shunt and can be seen here, in front of the container yard. Just waiting for the off. 

20210311_164430.jpg.3a0d69983025d364376ffabcea1417be.jpg

Thanks to @Melangooseand @d winpenny for making this happen. Its very much appreciated. 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1