Freiwald Software (RR&Co) no longer available to UK buyers

RFS

19 minutes ago, Andymsa said:

One way that  might work, let's take a route it is possible to assign push buttons that when pushed in a certain sequence will set a route up. Maybe the signals could be integrated into this process. The actual buttons would be hidden.

I think the status of a push button can only depend on whether that button is pushed, so it couldn't display the signal aspect.  Maybe set up a button that looks like a signal post instead?  

I've done a similar IECC-like screen on TC, also with a button next to the signal, but not any of the virtual stuff.  But I'm also going to stick with current version of TC without paying for any more upgrades.  If it becomes unsupportable for some reason I'll look to see which of the other products looks best at the time.  

28 minutes ago, Andymsa said:

One way that  might work, let's take a route it is possible to assign push buttons that when pushed in a certain sequence will set a route up. Maybe the signals could be integrated into this process. The actual buttons would be hidden.

It is the system that you describe that I use: but signals cannot be used as part of that process. Moreover, two objects cannot be stacked, so I cannot have an invisible button beneath a visible signal (not least, I imagine, because the software would then not know whether clicking on the signal should control the signal or the button).

It might conceivably be possible with extended accessories in place of all signals, but I am not sure whether this is possible nor whether it is worth the effort.

8 minutes ago, jamespetts said:

It is the system that you describe that I use: but signals cannot be used as part of that process. Moreover, two objects cannot be stacked, so I cannot have an invisible button beneath a visible signal (not least, I imagine, because the software would then not know whether clicking on the signal should control the signal or the button).

It might conceivably be possible with extended accessories in place of all signals, but I am not sure whether this is possible nor whether it is worth the effort.

After thinking a bit more an extended accessory could be the way to go. But I'm fairly sure that what you want can be achieved. Once I get back onto the layout computer I shall try some methods out, at present I'm building terrain and doing scenics.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, two tone green said:

Gosh, that was a long time ago in my OO days. Strictly O now. 

Yes, thanks for that topic.

Your posts in that thread had plenty of useful information for me, I hadn't long started with TrainController.

Edited by melmerby

17 hours ago, melmerby said:

Yes, thanks for that topic.

Your posts in that thread had plenty of useful information for me, I hadn't long started with TrainController.

Thanks. I enjoyed doing them all and the basics are still applicable now although some of the screen shots will have changed due to version changes of the software. 

Still a big time RR&Co user on my O gauge layout with the latest Gold version.