The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Contagion

57xx

We watched it two weeks ago. There’s a lot of similarities to the C-19 stuff that we’re dealing with.....thankfully not the death rate though. However, I’m not sure that screening it right now is such a good idea, there’s already enough fear in the country!

Edited by Paperlad
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, mezzoman253 said:

If it scared the crap out of those who think this virus is nothing to worry about and can carry on as normal, then it was prefect timing.

That was my thinking, a great "educational" tool. Yes, it's hollywood and very dramatised, but had enough real parallels to hopefully make certain people stop and think.

There appear to have been quite a large number of films produced this century on the theme of the outbreak of a devastating modern plague. I still think that the 1971 film, The Andromeda strain is one of the best that have been made on this subject, one of my favourite 10 SF films of all time.

2 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Wasn't that about an asteroid strike rather than a pandemic?

No. It was, technically, about biological warfare - an artificially developed virus that accidentally escaped the laboratory. BBC TV series back in about 1975.

A mate of mine was just on the verge of publishing an epidemic-triggered zombie-apocalypse heist novel, but his publisher is now umming and ahhing a bit as to whether it's entirely appropriate right now.