Pattingham an 0gauge micro

Mike

Hi, during a respite from taking my wife for her ongoing cancer treatment I have managed to start a few of the structures that will/may grace my 0gauge layout Pattingham. They are far from complete and only placed on the layout for visual effect.

cheers

Mike :blink:

post-185-127419416644_thumb.jpg

post-185-127419416921_thumb.jpg

post-185-127419417214_thumb.jpg

post-185-127419417546_thumb.jpg

post-185-127419417846_thumb.jpg

Looks effective, Mike, I'm almost being converted to 'O' gauge. Save me, someone. If you've time to answer a couple of questions, may I ask -

Whose track is that, please ? It looks good.

Is that a puddle near the platform, and if so how did you do it?

Dennis

Looks effective, Mike, I'm almost being converted to 'O' gauge. Save me, someone. If you've time to answer a couple of questions, may I ask -

Whose track is that, please ? It looks good.

Is that a puddle near the platform, and if so how did you do it?

Dennis

The track is C&L and the point work is scratch built, sorry but it isn't a puddle there is no ground cover other than the ballast as yet.

Mike

Hi Mike

Love the Photo Shots, the Canal Scene looks as though it will be good when it has all been completed.

Do you have a Track Plan for this Layout...? What is the Size of the Layout...?

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Mike...

I really like the look of this…it has the makings of a nice layout.

The aqueduct scene looks first class and the representation of the cast iron railing is especially nice. The warehouses look nicely proportioned and detailed.

Looking forward to see this develop.

Hope all goes well with your wife’s treatment.

Randall

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

Very nice. The track looks great, nicely weathered. The buildings along the rear look great as well.

It looks as if you will have a fiddle yard at each end?

Look forward to seeing more.

Hi Mike, Nice to see some of your excellent work again, After drooling over the pictures, I was trying to decide what I like the most, as much as I love the track work reading this..

The warehouses look nicely proportioned ....

Made me realise it looks so good because it is all well proportioned, top job !

John

RJR

Thanks guys, my thoughts on the warehouses/factory was most factories develop over time, many starting as a converted large house with bits added on. Many years ago I was works manager for an electroplating chemical supply house in central Birmingham and the whole site was a mismatch of buildings and styles, so I have tried (and people have said I'm very trying)to adopt that principal.

p.s. the warehouse with the loading dock was inspired by the Scalescenes low relief free-be.

Mike

I'm still interested in this one and glad to see it evolving as time permits Mike as I'm sure you'll capture the edge of Black Country atmosphere.

Around the late 80s I did an 'N' layout themed on Claverley (on the Wolves- Bridgnorth line premise) which was a bit more rural with sandstone cliffs; it turned out a bit too chocolate box for me (but that's Claverley I guess) and I sold it as was and never took a snap. How times change.

• RMweb Gold

The track is C&L and the point work is scratch built, sorry but it isn't a puddle there is no ground cover other than the ballast as yet.

Mike

Hi Mike, whose point components did you use, they look like PCB sleepers to me?

Hi Redgate, the sleepers are copperclad fibre-glass strips which I cut to length and the rail is C&L code 124 all the points are righthand and I used a photocopy of a kit built Marcway I had built and used on a previous layout and the roller gauges that came with the kit.

Sweeny todd,there is a trackplan on my website

Cheers

Mike

What a superb idea for a scenic break.

It really does pay to have a good browse around RMweb regularly as there is some really inspirational stuff on display.

I will be following this with interest.

regards

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

Work continues albeit slowly, I started to do a little of the basic scenery, sandstone outcrops etc. Anyway for better or for worse here's a few pics

Cheers

Mike

post-185-127564984944_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564987288_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564991745_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564992114_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564995581_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564995928_thumb.jpg

post-185-127564996288_thumb.jpg

Archived