Lukas G.

Revolution trains 3rd Facebook live - Possible new models to be announced

2 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi all,

The FB Live will start at 1930.  It’s just to give us a little bit of extra time to get things set up.   It’ll probably last for about 20-25 minutes, though of course that is flexible.

There’ll be a countdown clock visible from about 1920 so you’ll know you’re in the right place.

See you tomorrow!

cheers

Ben A.

Brilliant...

2 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi all,

The FB Live will start at 1930.  It’s just to give us a little bit of extra time to get things set up.   It’ll probably last for about 20-25 minutes, though of course that is flexible.

There’ll be a countdown clock visible from about 1920 so you’ll know you’re in the right place.

See you tomorrow!

cheers

Ben A.

Looking forward to it Ben.

Oh, and if by any remote chance you announce a Mk.1 Griddle coach:

bc07129bf7a7a603402988d421e143bb.jpeg.606bf952a6b1101aebe2752287e718b6.jpeg

Just sayin'............:D

Tom.  

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, truffy said:

Context is everything, and in context the meaning was quite clear.

It wasn't clear to me. See my above postings about the prototypes of Falcon, Lion, etc

On 21/05/2020 at 22:18, Allegheny1600 said:

I am quite confident the rest of us knew perfectly well what you meant.

So basically, the message to newcomers with questions is: me and my chums understand, and that's all that matters

C'mon, please stop derailing the thread. That's derail as in discussion, not a literal removal of an object from rails, like a train.

You could have said "do you mean prototype as in a one off, or is there another meaning I'm not sure of?". Prototype in this context is very common parlance among modellers (not just railways), as I pointed out it's instrumental in how the forum is structured, and you're managing to navigate that. Instead you made a slightly snide jib about jargon, and continued that tack. It's nothing to do with being new, or there being an established clique here, it's to do with asking questions in a polite way.

Please let's leave it alone, and not continue the 'debate' onto a third page. If you don't have a relevant contribution to make then just scroll on by the thread.

I'm looking forward to the new announcements; I have got an idea of one thing that's on the cards from a previous discussion, and if I'm right I'm certainly excited!  

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, Lantavian said:

So basically, the message to newcomers with questions is: me and my chums understand, and that's all that matters

If you don't like it, leave

Newcomers are very welcome, I'm newer than you and I feel welcome.  The correct attitude goes a long way.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Lantavian said:

Edited by Allegheny1600
Nothing added to this topic, sorry everyone!

10 hours ago, Ben A said:

Excellent, Thanks Ben and Mike. Looking forward to it! 

I agree with @njee20, please can all mention of prototype, derail, jargon and anything else to do with arguments just stop. Let’s wait for the announcement tomorrow and then discuss the aftermath.

• Agree 1

On 25/05/2020 at 12:10, TomE said:

Oh, and if by any remote chance you announce a Mk.1 Griddle coach

I'm a big fan of that particular griddle coach! I've spent a fair few happy hours in there with friends!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red death said:

I'm a big fan of that particular griddle coach! I've spent a fair few happy hours in there with friends!

This is only the test body to prove the concept, the final print needs a couple of tweaks to the CAD, but I couldn’t resist giving it some colour and those orange curtains......mmmm, 70s.......

FAFEB762-D3A7-4149-8D73-AAE64EBFACCC.jpeg.8ffd215b5121eb54a87db94f5a7f88be.jpeg

Body & bogies all 3D printed on the Photon. 

Tom. 

• Like 10

Looking forward to the update, not expecting anything significant for transition era given the update was for DEMU, but always interested in what is going on generally, and I would be pleased to have updates on the Cemflo and 128 (order books opening possibly says he hopefully).

Roy

Hi Ben & Mike, 

Look forward to the update soon.

Now I think I heard a rumour from

our mutual friend in Ireland last week that there’s nothing yellow for Mick? 

I guess we will just have to tune in to find out lol!

cheers

Mark

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Great update again Ben & Mike! You guys are certainly leading the way in terms of customer interaction!

Some really nice updates and announcements there, will certainly be expressing interest on the N Gauge Class 89 & Caroline. Fingers crossed they make it over the line!!

Cheers, 

Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the slackers that missed it was there any update on the 92's? Coming up on a year since they went into production :o

I don't think that I am a slacker. I had not been informed when this event was taking place.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kaput said:

For the slackers that missed it was there any update on the 92's? Coming up on a year since they went into production :o

They expect them to be shipped from Rapido in 6-7 weeks. 

Tom.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Ben & Mike, 

Look forward to the update soon.

Now I think I heard a rumour from

our mutual friend in Ireland last week that there’s nothing yellow for Mick? 

I guess we will just have to tune in to find out lol!

cheers

Mark

Not yellow, but is quite at home amongst yellow...............

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toolongtoremember said:

Sad there wasn't a second run of pendolinos order book announcement yet :(

We announced a second run of Pendolinos some time ago, turmoil with franchises isn't helping and tonight was about new product launches as well as showing off progress on *some* projects - we don't have time to go into every project, every time and sometimes there is just nothing new to tell people in 4 weeks!

Cheers Mike

Posted (edited)

Expressed interest for an 89, and could maybe be persuaded by Caroline, unsure... Generally my wallet remains safe though!

5 minutes ago, toolongtoremember said:

Sad there wasn't a second run of pendolinos order book announcement yet :(

They've said they'll do the second batch, but given there was a holdup with Avanti West Coast that's probably not changed.  Patience young padawan.

Edit: sorry cross posted with Mike!

Edited by njee20
  • Agree 1

Really enjoyed the style of engagement ... just a shame that there's still nothing to tempt me from a modelling perspective yet. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I don't think that I am a slacker. I had not been informed when this event was taking place.

No, we posted that it was happening on our website however for anyone who missed it there is a link on our news page s you can watch it, whether or not you’re on Facebook.

cheers

Ben A.

Posted (edited)

Hi Ben

May I kindly ask when the 'earlybird' pricing ends for the OO gauge Ecofrets and also Caroline?

thanks
Al

@Ben A

Edited by YesTor