Jump to content

New range of simple to assemble 00/EM gauge pointwork kits


Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold

This is a truly a fabulous development for 00.

 

It is so wonderful to follow this development and learn so much about the technical side of track design and model manufacturing techniques – as the project progresses.

 

These turnouts just ooze quality and I look forward to this range becoming available.

In the meantime I will continue to follow this thread eagerly.

 

 

Kev.

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but what's the rationale behind not releasing one gauge while you work on the other? Surely there's not much re-use between the two - wouldn't it make more sense to get OO (or EM) out there, and get feedback to incorporate into the other, rather than developing both in parallel?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but what's the rationale behind not releasing one gauge while you work on the other? Surely there's not much re-use between the two - wouldn't it make more sense to get OO (or EM) out there, and get feedback to incorporate into the other, rather than developing both in parallel?

Kit's will be released in this fashion, yes. Most likely in the order 00 'Standard', EM and then 00-SF. I'll release the B7 in all three versions before moving on to the next formation and so on.

 

Right now, as I am still in the prototyping stage, I require feedback from all standards before committing to several things...

 

EDIT - Don't worry, things will move quite quickly :)

Edited by Wayne Kinney
Added extra note
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Going to be shooting waxes of this today, I'll post some pics of this later on :)

 

 

Phrase of the day.............'Yeah !.........Just shooting some waxes, Baby !.......

 

Okay, off to lie down.....

 

 

 

  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Kit's will be released in this fashion, yes. Most likely in the order 00 'Standard', EM and then 00-SF. I'll release the B7 in all three versions before moving on to the next formation and so on.

 

Right now, as I am still in the prototyping stage, I require feedback from all standards before committing to several things...

 

EDIT - Don't worry, things will move quite quickly :)

Well I like N gauge FB turnouts, so it has no impact on me either way ;)

 

That said I've not built any of the EV15s I've got 'in stock', but as such I'm a netural observer! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

I have also had another development regarding rail. The EMGS has advantageously agreed to supply me with their code 75 bullhead rail. So I will now be using this for the turnout kits, not SMP rail.

Also, thought I would clarify, I will be using the EMGS code 75 bullhead rail on all versions of the kits, not just the EMG version.

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Also, thought I would clarify, I will be using the EMGS code 75 bullhead rail on all versions of the kits, not just the EMG version.

As Peco do some work for EMGS can I assume the rail is therefore compatible with Peco track??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Wayne,

 

Looking good, but still more infill behind the splice than I would like. Here's the photo again:

 

2_041607_270000000.jpg

 

cheers,

 

Martin.

Martin,

 

The design of this was completed before our previous conversation about this :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Oh! Are you referring to the infill in this section?

 

Yes, sorry if I haven't been clear.

 

visible_ballast.jpg.13516b760f2a12bcfae0b5256fb65a7a.jpg

 

My reason for going on about it is not just for the look of the thing. Painted track colour the infill will barely notice.

 

But where are modeller is using a curviform V-crossing it would definitely be advantageous to put a tiny bit of curving into the diverging rail beyond the spllce. Especially for turnouts curved the other way (contraflexure). Or if the casting is too brittle to allow that, it will be easier to cut it short to the splice if there is no infill in the way, and replace with rail. These kits are going to be the basis of a lot of kit-bashing!

 

cheers,

 

Martin.

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.