Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Usan, North British Rly, just south of Montrose, 30 June 1988

1094308200_Usan30June1988-8813-00A.jpg.f0d07f944350a65e2dd1b3c3a2e9a434.jpg

 

880401123_Usan30June1988-8813-00.jpg.e18d43bf2ac94d894d503e8819490698.jpg

 

Uffington, Midland Railway between Stamford and Peterborough, exactly six years later on 30 June 1994

609447180_Uffington30June1994-9415-35.jpg.9b53434227f28ad3271d4117c08db3b4.jpg

 

1843242345_Uffington30June1994-9415-34.jpg.ee316b124ea842a800afb1fb8cbcbd82.jpg

 

and a preserved (transplanted?) one at Wells-next-the-Sea, seen on 27 June 1994 at the  Wells and Walsingham Railway

2003926780_Wells-on-Sea27June1994-9411-05.jpg.2a5372ab8a869129b4926becb17865a1.jpg

 

1229362787_Wells-on-Sea27June1994-9411-04.jpg.6b2e94a24cb32142dc5248ad4bceb82e.jpg

Edited by Poor Old Bruce
Typo
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Poor Old Bruce said:

 

and a preserved (transplanted?) one at Wells-next-the-Sea, seen on 27 June 1994 at the  Wells and Walsingham Railway

 

 

 

Ex Swainsthorpe

Edited by LNERGE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2021 at 20:31, Tim V said:

A couple from the Mid Hants 1994. Alresford, Medstead and Four Marks. Trains were running, but it was snowing that day! You can see the snow through the window.

 

Alresford 4-1994 315- (5).jpg

Medstead Fourmarks 4-1994 315- (1).jpg

Medstead Fourmarks 4-1994 315- (4).jpg

Intersting to see how Alresford box has changed in the last 25 years! I didn't realise that the frame had grown - I only count 17 levers there, and there's 18 now. 

 

See my photo from last year here - even that's now historical, as the country end is being remodelled at the moment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few scanned in the last few days, taken from a railtour back in February 1989.

 

Windsor bridge box next to Salford crescent station.2039303398_SalfordCrescent1989(2).jpg.2edc12b86ae9758cfe8a28e8d660bbab.jpg

 

This derelict one is between Salford crescent and Blackburn but I didnt make a note of its actual location. Any help with its name much appreciated. EDIT - Agecroft Junction

1521621824_SalfordCrescent1989(3).jpg.30660649c23336a139ee30ef49ea1fd8.jpg

 

 

Daisyfield Junction, Blackburn.

427784882_BlackburnDaisyfieldJunction1989(3).jpg.1a12b4ef8c55a004b2caa9f2ce1ad18d.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

A few scanned in the last few days, taken from a railtour back in February 1989.

 

This derelict one is between Salford crescent and Blackburn but I didnt make a note of its actual location. Any help with its name much appreciated.

1521621824_SalfordCrescent1989(3).jpg.30660649c23336a139ee30ef49ea1fd8.jpg

 

 

 

Agecroft Junction

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Intersting to see how Alresford box has changed in the last 25 years! I didn't realise that the frame had grown - I only count 17 levers there, and there's 18 now. 

 

See my photo from last year here - even that's now historical, as the country end is being remodelled at the moment.

 

Definitely 17!

Alresford 4-1994 315- (7).jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

New list with page 31.

I am pretty sure that Wimbledon Park is owned by NR, ex LSWR/SR/BR, but is normally used only by LT other than diversions.

The LTSR was absorbed by the MR in 1912 so the box I commented on presumably dates from later than that.

Jonathan

Signalboxes.xls

Edited by corneliuslundie
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The section of the District Line from Wimbledon to the north end of Putney Bridge but not Putney Bridge station was built by the LSWR as they planned to build a terminus around the High Street Kensington area. The plan got far enough to add a third platform at Putney Bridge but was cancelled before the planned fourth platform was added. The LSWR thus built a bridge across the Thames and never ran a train over it!

 

The section between East Putney and Wimbledon was therefore National Rail (and predecessors). The stations were changed to being LT (LUL/TfL) in the 1990's but at the time the signal boxes were taken out of use it was all owned by British Railways. The only National Rail trains that use the line now are ECS for the South Western franchise, whatever it is being called this week plus a few very early morning and late evening passenger trains that do not stop at East Putney, Southfields or Wimbledon Park.

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got any Ps?

 

Pelham Street Jn 2007

 

729226571_PelhamStreetJn2007.jpg.42d3b86e07a08a2de7efb14a708243e4.jpg

 

Park Jn (I think this was sometime in 2014, Can't find my notes)

 

2117792870_ParkJn.JPG.3b8bb8bb8d6eb8090cf9787767651967.JPG

 

Parbold Cabin 2014

 

335592213_Parbold2014.JPG.f96bd96371109d2a1c28e05457f4ce6e.JPG

 

Prees July 2013

 

1971767345_PreesJuly2013.JPG.bff0dca5fe71cab452643293c9a79581.JPG

 

Poznan Wola c 2016

40588195_PoznanWolaSB.JPG.5aca30a38b9a40147c62a7a429ab62ba.JPG

 

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SM42 said:

Got any Ps?

 

Pelham Street Jn 2007

 

729226571_PelhamStreetJn2007.jpg.42d3b86e07a08a2de7efb14a708243e4.jpg

 

Park Jn (I think this was sometime in 2014, Can't find my notes)

 

2117792870_ParkJn.JPG.3b8bb8bb8d6eb8090cf9787767651967.JPG

 

Parbold Cabin 2014

 

335592213_Parbold2014.JPG.f96bd96371109d2a1c28e05457f4ce6e.JPG

 

Prees July 2013

 

1971767345_PreesJuly2013.JPG.bff0dca5fe71cab452643293c9a79581.JPG

 

Poznan Wola c 2016

40588195_PoznanWolaSB.JPG.5aca30a38b9a40147c62a7a429ab62ba.JPG

 

Andy

 

I know Pelham Street is in Lincoln. Is Park Junction the one in Newport, South Wales?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.