Digikeijs DR4018

dj_crisp

Hi

I'm using a Digikeijs DR4018 for controlling lights so have set it up to be 16x switches for LED lights.

Does anyone know what the output is as even programming to maximum brightness the LEDs are very dim. It could be that i have used too high a resistor connected to a LED so would be interested if anyone has recommendations?

Thanks

Will

Gosh, was setting one up to do the same today. 
I have 13.5VDC as the power supply with 1k resistor on warm white 3mm LED and they are quite bright.  Enough for the period they are in early to mid 60’s 

I already have one in situ and works very well. This is my second one and impressed with its uses and versatility. 

By way if a bit of info, if you use an ECoS to do the initial programming make sure Railcom is off otherwise programming will fail. The hint is that the programming red LED flashes instead of it glowing steadily. 

After programming turn Railcom etc back on and the DR4018 works as advertised. 

Edited by two tone green
  • Thanks 1

I could not program mine on my ECoS until Railcom was turned off. 

initial power on with power and DCC connected then pressing the program button to set the base address resulted in the red programming LED to flash when it should be steady. Looking at the flashing LED it became clear it was also flashing a code with one long flash, one short flash which then repeated. 

Turning off Railcom stopped the LED flashing straight away and I was able to set the base address and change CV47. 

4 hours ago, two tone green said:

Gosh, was setting one up to do the same today. 
I have 13.5VDC as the power supply with 1k resistor on warm white 3mm LED and they are quite bright.  Enough for the period they are in early to mid 60’s 

I already have one in situ and works very well. This is my second one and impressed with its uses and versatility. 

By way if a bit of info, if you use an ECoS to do the initial programming make sure Railcom is off otherwise programming will fail. The hint is that the programming red LED flashes instead of it glowing steadily. 

After programming turn Railcom etc back on and the DR4018 works as advertised. 

Thanks! Good to know you've got them working well. Im going to double check my resistors to see what I used as I thought it was 1k

Cheers

Will

• RMweb Gold
On 25/01/2021 at 18:38, dj_crisp said:

Hi

I'm using a Digikeijs DR4018 for controlling lights so have set it up to be 16x switches for LED lights.

Does anyone know what the output is as even programming to maximum brightness the LEDs are very dim. It could be that i have used too high a resistor connected to a LED so would be interested if anyone has recommendations?

Thanks

Will

My recommendation is to buy a variable resistor (I use one like this:  Variable Pot) use it to set the lights to the brightness you want, read the value on a multimeter, and then buy the nearest standard value.

Edit: I have one wired up with crocodile clips which makes it easy to test with. Always start with it at the max resistance setting and turn it down.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Informative/Useful 1