OO Gauge SR EMU kits

Butler

Hi Can anyone advise me on any OO gauge kits are available for either a 6 Pul/Pan , or 4 Cor units. I’ve seen something from Silver Fox Models. I have no idea what the detail or quality is like. I have reasonable model skills, having built many things from tanks to Large Galleons but I am not able to scratch build. 

Hope someone can advise.

thanks

B

BSL made a 4COR kit. They are quite uncommon now and I am not sure if they have been made again recently. I am not sure if they made a 6PUL or 6PAN. Both Ratio and CCW offered 4COR and/or 4BUF kits in wood in the 1950s along with some other multiple unit kits. They may also have made a 6PUL/PAN.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, mossdp said:

BSL made a 4COR kit. They are quite uncommon now and I am not sure if they have been made again recently. I am not sure if they made a 6PUL or 6PAN. Both Ratio and CCW offered 4COR and/or 4BUF kits in wood in the 1950s along with some other multiple unit kits. They may also have made a 6PUL/PAN.

The Southern Electric group took over the Phoenix range, and listed everything pre-BR, but I think your chances of getting any of them (with the possible exception of end castings and other bits and pieces) are as close to zero as makes no difference - ISTR the tools had worn out.

I've seen mentions of a resin 4-COR at Ayjay, but the website seems to always be out of date and if it happened I probably missed it.

If you want 3D bodies for 4-COR, you could look at Rue d'Etropal's shapeways site - but they aren't cheap in 4mm scale and you'd still need to fit chassis and motors (and the size of the motor bogies depends on how pedantic you are).

ĸen

Worsley Works do etchings for most of the Southern EMUs. www.worsleyworks.co.uk/4mm/4mm_Southern_Electric.htm

They don't do any castings and are primarily sides, ends and floors, but perhaps the SEG/Phoenix (or MJT) range could supply some of the missing bits.

Hi nd thanks to all, so the Silver Fox models are not available? Web site up and offering, but that doesn’t mean a thing. I wish people would remove their sites when redundant! 

Regards

B

• RMweb Gold

Worsley Works 6-PUL and 6-PAN etches consist of sides, ends and floors (Comet style with fold-down trussing). For roofs, I'm using Comet or MJT aluminium section. Not perfectly correct but adequate. For the motor coach, shortened Hornby 5-BEL cast chassis and motor bogies are being used although the supply of these now may be problematical. 

Allen Doherty's service is excellent. These were both commissions and arrived in about six weeks (IIRC!) but I think that they're now in his range. Previously we commissioned some 4LAV etches (now in his range) and they proved to be first class.

6PUL

20210322_104908.jpg.a51429927a0b965dee8361ee3bbdf421.jpg

6PAN

20210322_104530.jpg.3245534b70366efcf5aec2e51d97f261.jpg

Silver Fox cabs are to be used.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-Fox-PUL-PAN-Cab/203174287452?hash=item2f4e21985c:g:C4UAAOSwPCtdTD9H

1248002150_6PUL-PAN-CITcabSilverFox.jpg.c11b3fe13db91b7f44971f963888ad4c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

They are now in his price list. Also a 6CIT with the shorter1st class trailers cars is available.

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/4mm/4mm_Southern_Electric.htm

What maybe of interest is an earlier build of a 6CIT (yet to be completed!) using cut'n'shut and modified Hornby Maunsell corridor sides, Kirk Maunsell cut'n'shut sides and a Belle trailer car also cut'n'shut.

Edited by Re6/6

6 hours ago, Butler said:

Hi nd thanks to all, so the Silver Fox models are not available? Web site up and offering, but that doesn’t mean a thing. I wish people would remove their sites when redundant! 

Regards

B

Have you tried ringing them?

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Butler said:

Regards

B

Silver Fox models are available both direct from their website and from their eBay store.  No one replying to your original request has said they are not available.

Darius

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

What are you intending to use for the 4 lav? Please.

We used Hornby 2BIL chassis and motor assemblies. They were superbly built by our coachbuilder 'Taz'.

2035816187_4LAVbuild.jpg.123b364251e1aa54bbbe2b87e62be98e.jpg

288717301_4LALOVV.jpg.07e475915c3773706e71972a585b666f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Suggest you try ringing or emailing Silver Fox.  I’ve a dmu they l built for me and a coach I made from one of their kits using a Hornby coach as a donor.  It wasn’t too difficult.