B17/5 kits

MRE2

• RMweb Premium

I have been looking for a decent OO resin kit for a streamlined B17/5. I can only find 2 possible sources - Dean Sidings and GoldenArrow. I can't find any direct contact for Dean Sidings - can anyone help please ? I have tried calling GoldenArrow but so far have only got an answerphone.
I am hoping at least one of these sources is still in production - unless anyone knows better. Are any other options available ? 

G'Day Folks

I bought my one off of E-Bay, castings not to bad, easy clean up, although a fair bit has to be taken off the inside of the loco to clear the cylinders. I still need to finish a few bits on it.

manna

DSCF4678.JPG

DSCF4735.JPG

DSCF4739.JPG

DSCF5565.JPG

Edited by manna
Replacing content
  • Like 6

I am a huge admirer of the B17, especially with the larger GS tender which seems to add more balance to the silhouette. The 2 streamlines are to me a parody of the A4 and thankfully a return to sensible outline occurred soon after BR acquired them.

That said, if you like them good luck with your quest.

Bob

On 29/06/2021 at 13:13, MRE2 said:

I have been looking for a decent OO resin kit for a streamlined B17/5. I can only find 2 possible sources - Dean Sidings and GoldenArrow. I can't find any direct contact for Dean Sidings - can anyone help please ? I have tried calling GoldenArrow but so far have only got an answerphone.
I am hoping at least one of these sources is still in production - unless anyone knows better. Are any other options available ? 

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oh dear, I forgot to update this topic. Very happy to say I am the proud owner of 3 x B17/5 locos (although there were only 2 prototypes) to represent the liveries they used. Resin bodyshells on Hornby B17 chassis, expertly converted and liveried for me.

B17s.jpg

• Like 5