Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
Just now, gismorail said:

That picture Stu posted was the sort of idea I was thinking of but with culverts or storm drainage pipes plus boats instead of caravans.  :lol:You could blend the scene with trees as the back scene as per the picture increasing the depth of field:sungum: 

It was your post that made me think of Golant :)

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Just thinking about the doorway access board and the need for speed to exit the POD at certain times. You did mention the possible inclusion of a  viaduct as a lift out section which would be difficult to duck under unless you can do ‘limbo dancing’ . It occurred to me that if you were to make a low embankment with drainage culverts as if the line is transversing marshland the board would not need to be too much lower than the other boards . 

2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Golant

Screenshot_20210831-201233_Chrome.jpg.e23486e62a7ecb62eaffd1da33305358.jpg

Something like this maybe?

1672952855_IMG_5368-Copy.JPG.ccd1e6ead6e4f9ba55fea3040d84d352.JPG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Something like this maybe?

That has a feeling of Cockwood Harbour near StarCross, south of Exeter, Andy....

47477 At Cockwood Harbour. 14/07/1988.

or more recently...

Castle HST at Cockwood Harbour

Both linked from Flickr

Rich

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

That has a feeling of Cockwood Harbour near StarCross, south of Exeter, Andy....

or more recently...

Both linked from Flickr

Rich

Another place like Golant, so yes indeed Rich.:good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

or more recently...

Both linked from Flickr

Rich

I was there just over a week ago nice spot. It is also a bit like just up from Kingswear but without the boats. If you go for a walk in the Long Wood (NT owned) you get egrets and otters in the tidal pool behind the railway. With a wooded bank at the rear.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Donw said:

I was there just over a week ago nice spot. It is also a bit like just up from Kingswear but without the boats. If you go for a walk in the Long Wood (NT owned) you get egrets and otters in the tidal pool behind the railway. With a wooded bank at the rear.

Ade, who is doing Malmesbury in the 7mm Section was there last week as well and has posted some nice pics on his Thread.

I never went there all the years I was living in Buckfast, and yet went to Starcross and Dawlish many times.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, MarshLane said:

or more recently...

Both linked from Flickr

Rich

Yes Andy I think you have cracked the exit board with those ideas. It gets rid of the depth needed if you were to put in a viaduct , firmly puts the layouts location on the map and makes a scene not often modelled :sungum:

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gismorail said:

Yes Andy I think you have cracked the exit board with those ideas. It gets rid of the depth needed if you were to put in a viaduct , firmly puts the layouts location on the map and makes a scene not often modelled :sungum:

Now how about that shortened HST set :dancer:

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

20 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Thanks Bud, and DONT suggest an HST.:nono:

• Funny 3

Just now, Adrian Stevenson said:

Martin beat me to it :D I think the harbour would be a great idea.

Cheers, Ade.

F6469437-B728-49BB-8F95-B43FB73D76B7.jpeg

Cheers Ade, yet another great and inspirational shot for me to try and get the wet mud look right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

I saw in one of the earlier photos a Gaugemaster DCC unit. Have you dropped the Signa Track in favour of that?

Paul R

Hi Paul, No, I have both and the GM was just at hand when I wanted to test the Track, The SignaTrack is in its box whilst all the upheaval is going on.

I may still return to the GM for this project, as F9 will be more in use as it cant be locked on with Bachmann and ESU Sound fitted Locos as it can with the Paul Chetter Zimo ones that I had in  most of the 7mm stuff. 

Also a lot will depend on how I do the control Panel, so a decision will be made at a later date. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Was it you or someone else on here that had the board across the exit door hinged vertical so that it swung round through 180º supported on a leg with a caster on it at the end remote from the hinges.

I appreciate that the opening end of the board would need to be curved.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Ray H said:

Andy

Was it you or someone else on here that had the board across the exit door hinged vertical so that it swung round through 180º supported on a leg with a caster on it at the end remote from the hinges.

I appreciate that the opening end of the board would need to be curved.

I think it was Ian @Temeraire on his Exford Layout Ray.

I did discuss it once, but had no success with it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

David Nicholson built one for his scale 7 layout. There was an article in the modeller a few years back. It also appears on YouTube video. 
I have also seen the one built by Mike Stanley in his shed which features 10 tracks on two different levels. That has a caster on the outer side to support it as well as the hinges.

Don

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Harbour scene is a cracking idea

8E53930A-9EE3-43A5-9BAC-B74BD5C7BB3A.jpeg

Hi

Are my eyes deceiving me but have all the CDA's except the front one got EWS covers the front one having ECC blue.....

Was this a special working as I didn't realise large logo 37's hauled clay trains that late....

Brilliant picture....Sorry to hijack the thread....

Cheers Bill

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, treggyman said:

Hi

Are my eyes deceiving me but have all the CDA's except the front one got EWS covers the front one having ECC blue.....

Was this a special working as I didn't realise large logo 37's hauled clay trains that late....

Cheers Bill

The Class 37 in question was 37425 which at the time was allocated to the EWS worked Cardiff - Rhymney loco hauled trains.  In May of 2005 it had a Cornish Holiday and found itself on the China Clay circuit.  It had the privilege of being the last 37 to work the white stuff around Kernow. 

• Informative/Useful 4

3 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

The Class 37 in question was 37425 which at the time was allocated to the EWS worked Cardiff - Rhymney loco hauled trains.  In May of 2005 it had a Cornish Holiday and found itself on the China Clay circuit.  It had the privilege of being the last 37 to work the white stuff around Kernow. 

Hi

Thanks for the info....Really interesting.......I now have an excuse to run my large logo '37 after renumbering it....

Again apologies for the thread hijack........

I'll disappear back into the undergrowth.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treggyman said:

Hi

Cheers Bill

I've no idea Bill, but I'm sure someone will be able to answer that, I'm intrigued as well now.

• Like 2