Where do All the Little Bits Disappear to?

13 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Le Borrowers....

See, I'm fluent in foreign!

:jester:

Sorry it should be, 'Les Borrowers'!  Pedantic mode (again).

The Italian version (Gli Borrowers?*) have just pinched three or four (I lost count) Kadee knuckle springs. They let me have two back, but then nicked one back again! (I can't blame the carpet monster this time, as the floor is tiled. Perhaps there's a tile monster too?)

* Pronounced properly (more or less), but with the stress all wrong... (The 'g' in the otherwise unpronounceable article is silent, so just 'lee')

5 hours ago, Il Grifone said:

Sorry it should be, 'Les Borrowers'!  Pedantic mode (again).

The Italian version (Gli Borrowers?*) have just pinched three or four (I lost count) Kadee knuckle springs. They let me have two back, but then nicked one back again! (I can't blame the carpet monster this time, as the floor is tiled. Perhaps there's a tile monster too?)

* Pronounced properly (more or less), but with the stress all wrong... (The 'g' in the otherwise unpronounceable article is silent, so just 'lee')

Nah. Just need to shout louder!

The film in French was called Le Monde Des Borrowers.

I found the poster, but couldn't copy or link it for some reason.

• Funny 1

On 28/09/2021 at 20:13, adb968008 said:

Its not just the little things that go missing, every now and again I find locos, coaches and wagons I completely forgot I had.

I know that feeling

The first clue was the mysterious Craftsman detailing kit for a Lima 40. 

The loco turned up several months later

No idea when I bought either

Half built wagons?

Don't go down that particular wormhole.

Andy

• Funny 2

Another Kadee knuckle spring has disappeared (thanks to the dog!). (A caboose Athearn ATSF - not that it matters) ended up on the floor detaching coupler and the wretched centring and knuckle springs. Trying to refit the latter, it fell on the tiled floor from the coffee table (only about a foot) never to be seen again despite brushing the floor. I collected lots of dust and dog hair but no spring. Luckily I have an unopened packet of spares. I store them threaded on a piece of wire to try to avoid losses as far as possible....

Edited by Il Grifone