Model Railway Journal

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, 46444 said:

On Saturday I decided to catch up with my MRJ reading exploits and ordered online 4 issues I had not been able to obtain locally. 

I was looking forwards to a catch up with Simon but left it too late to ring. 

I received an email yesterday notifying me they had left Bath and were winging it to the West Riding. 

On a lovely sunny morning and a day off what could be better than the postie delivering my magazines. 

This time a note inside from George and pamphlets on other ways to spend your hard earned in Simon's emporium. 

Think a cup of tea and a toasted tea cake accompanied by reading MRJ 281 should be a nice way to spend the afternoon. Will try not to get butter on the pages of course. 

Thanks once again to Simon and George for the excellent service they provide. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

Thank you very much from George and Simon!

Everything was picked up at 5.00pm by Roger the brilliant postman in his big red van, it is great when everything works out, which it usually does...

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

As of this issue, all correspondence to Cygnet is now:

c/o Elgar Books, 10 Bradshaw Crescent, Honley, Holmfirth, Huddersfield, HD9 6EG.

The telephone contact number remains the same on 01235 816478.

Simon

Has "this issue" been issued, then?

CJI.

• RMweb Premium
On 30/11/2021 at 18:30, corneliuslundie said:

Interesting. Elgar Books is the trading name of David Crossland who was with Amadeus Press until the pandemic took its toll. He now arranges the printing of the magazine.

Jonathan

And a real gent with an encyclopedic knowledge of the publishing and printing business. I wish him every success.

Jamie

• Agree 2

On 03/10/2021 at 20:25, figworthy said:

Ah, but is it Art ?

Adrian

An old friend of mine is a composer. and his advice was to listen to the silences between the notes as well as the notes themselves.  Works for me most of the time, but I agree it's not something you can have on in he background while you're trying to get an imperfectly-made chimney on straight.

Tony

• 4 months later...

I tried to ring Cygnet today (first time) as I have not had any magazines for a while and my cheque for the latest subs does not seem to have been cashed.  The last edition I have said there as no confirmed publication date.  Does anyone know if there is an issue and anyone had one since 285?  Thanks

Edited by FulhamTim

• 3 weeks later...

On a slightly different tack ...

Is anyone interested, for themselves, club or whatever, in a COMPLETE SET of Model Railway Journals.
This is from issue 0 (1985) to issue 289 (current) along with the 1990 Exhibition special and the three compendia - total 294 items.
They have been on Ebay for a few weeks but the only nibble was from a club a very long way north, with no way of arranging a collection. I am partially disabled and couldn't do anything to help.

Any contributions to the modelling find are welcome - but the only condition is COLLECT ONLY, please (Ascot, Berkshire, SL5).
I have to clear them out and in the absence of an appreciative home, it will be for recycling , which would be a crying shame.

Look forward to anyone interested - even if they are doing it to break them up and make a profit on it!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 30/05/2022 at 11:17, 5982 said:

On a slightly different tack ...

Is anyone interested, for themselves, club or whatever, in a COMPLETE SET of Model Railway Journals.
This is from issue 0 (1985) to issue 289 (current) along with the 1990 Exhibition special and the three compendia - total 294 items.
They have been on Ebay for a few weeks but the only nibble was from a club a very long way north, with no way of arranging a collection. I am partially disabled and couldn't do anything to help.

Any contributions to the modelling find are welcome - but the only condition is COLLECT ONLY, please (Ascot, Berkshire, SL5).
I have to clear them out and in the absence of an appreciative home, it will be for recycling , which would be a crying shame.

Look forward to anyone interested - even if they are doing it to break them up and make a profit on it!

O dear; I was about to post an almost exact copy of this post, but my late father's collection is from nos. 0 to 284 inclusive.  Again, if anyone can collect from Lewes, Sussex, they are welcome to them as a gift.  They come with free box-files.  Any donation to the Stroke Association in memoriam gratefully received.  Telegraph me a Private Message herein if further details needed.  All ideas appreciated.  Thanks.