Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great northern said:

Very strange. I can get on here via e-mail, but if I try to get on direct I keep getting "bad gateway". Has someone got it in for me?

They could have.....makes a change from them having it for me. :girldevil:

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Agreed, but two Black 5s could shift that. Still trying...…….

P

Very trying.:jester: The Eastern had no need to resort to double heading, as its locos could do much more than pull the skin off a rice pudding. Also there is the bridge over the Trent at Newark over which double headed locos were not allowed to pass. Ignore that, and the bridge might collapse, possibly endangering ducks in the river below.  We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, great northern said:

Very trying.:jester: The Eastern had no need to resort to double heading, as its locos could do much more than pull the skin off a rice pudding. Also there is the bridge over the Trent at Newark over which double headed locos were not allowed to pass. Ignore that, and the bridge might collapse, possibly endangering ducks in the river below.  We wouldn't want that to happen, would we?

A nice 2000 or baby Brush would look good on your summer Saturday extras.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Or a chopper, D84xx or a BTH type 1.

You could also borrow a Hornsey BRCW or Sulzer Bo-Bos or a baby Deltic.......wouldn't go for one of the D61xx your holiday makers would be stuck somewhere between Kings Lynn and Yarmouth.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

….and it may be that we meet next season, the way my lot did not play today. Useless is a compliment!

Ar$£

If you stay up, we could meet on the terraces at Sincil Bank, and have a fight. Oh, wait a minute though, we don't have terraces any more, do we? Anyway, you can't get into Sincil Bank now unless you have a season ticket, as every game is a sell out for home supporters. Three years ago we did well to get 2,000 in the National League. I'm still very happy.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

My baby Brush is suffering from some nasty rotting disease Clive, and would be too early for ECML duties. I remember three successive years of summer visits to London. 1958 was still all N2s, 1959 seemed to be all D5300s, and by 1960 it was wall to wall D5500s. I actually have a Lima D5300, but it runs like a bag of nails. Perhaps it needs you to speak nicely to it Clive?

My two D200s run top link work or crew training duties, so they are well employed already. Apologies for the incorrect descriptions, but that's how I remember them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, great northern said:

Apologies for the incorrect descriptions, but that's how I remember them.

They are a great deal more instant than having to do the mental gymnastics that TOPS codes require for such locos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, great northern said:

Still no direct access, but I'm sure Andy is aware and will be working on it. It's only a minor inconvenience, after all.

Here's the one remaining image I have , showing A3 Sandwich from a different angle, and showing off the Top Shed shine.

1538406398_339again.JPG.ff6eb210bc48c8f003eb541cee763034.JPG

Hi Gilbert

Nice photo, would that Top Shed shine be Johnsons Klear by any chance, it does give a very realistic finish.

Regards

David

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

How about a slight change in era, forward say 5 years? Similar rolling stock, though little crimson/cream. Some of those later allocations such as N2, and the green era diesels? We know your reasons for 1958, but have seen examples of what I am thinking. Perhaps there is a latent interest there, just wanting a chance to shine?

Stewart

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

How about a slight change in era, forward say 5 years? Similar rolling stock, though little crimson/cream. Some of those later allocations such as N2, and the green era diesels? We know your reasons for 1958, but have seen examples of what I am thinking. Perhaps there is a latent interest there, just wanting a chance to shine?

Stewart

One of the most sensible things I did when planning this was to make a list of things which were "must haves". Very high on that list were B17s, D16s and a C12. If I go as far as 1961 I lose all of them Stewart, so  I'm firmly planted where I am now.

I also have to manage my latent locoholism, and a change would potentially open the floodgates, which I can't afford, literally, to do.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, great northern said:

One of the most sensible things I did when planning this was to make a list of things which were "must haves". Very high on that list were B17s, D16s and a C12. If I go as far as 1961 I lose all of them Stewart, so  I'm firmly planted where I am now.

I also have to manage my latent locoholism, and a change would potentially open the floodgates, which I can't afford, literally, to do.

Oh blow.....I thought I could off load all those lovely Eastern Region locos I have that now appear to be surplus for Sheffield Exchange.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oh blow.....I thought I could off load all those lovely Eastern Region locos I have that now appear to be surplus for Sheffield Exchange.

Oh! What would they be Clive?  A small influx might be permitted.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

Nice photo, would that Top Shed shine be Johnsons Klear by any chance, it does give a very realistic finish.

Regards

David

That would be part of the Tim treatment David, but I know there is more to it than that.

1 hour ago, great northern said:

Plenty of railway activity today, starting with the 0800 Down Leeds, which I have now established was normally a Top Shed A4 duty. Today Lord Faringdon has the job, and the condition of the lco makes it well worth a close up, before it plunges under the bridge.

1101191186_1341.JPG.1d509a317f946e13c38175bf2c6f3fbc.JPG

swing round quickly though, and there is time to get another shot before it disappears under the roof.

805123416_2342.JPG.725313734d8693e51a1c8052acb4908a.JPG

Stunning buffed up. Do you have another with a cut down tender 1948 exchanges modification?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, davidw said:

I thought only Woodcock, seagull and lord Farringdon towed them. Oh well leatn something evey day.

No, it's me David. I should never rush into things without checking these days. You are correct, Mallard didn't have one by 1958.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I love a train that cooperates.

Based on my recent experience on holidays, if I was the photographer the head of some other photographer would have appeared in front of the engine.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1