55 minutes ago, great northern said:

Moving on, it has to be the A2s today. Some very evocative names there, but which was the best of all?

Is this where 60500 deserves a mention? :jester:

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I'm going for 60514, Chamossaire, sounds very exotic! A famous racehorse in its day apparently.

Bazza

Edited by Bazza
poor spelling!
11 hours ago, Metropolitan H said:

My votes go to "Blue Peter" - with or without Valerie Singleton!

Regards

Chris H

Did I ever mention that I once met Sarah Hollamby in a pub?

• Informative/Useful 2

Perhaps I should have had separate polls for all the sub classes. Would you like to do that?. This one was close as well, with 12 different locos put forward. Blue Peter won with 4, followed by The Wolf and Tudor Minstrel with 3.

I will split the vote for worst names anyway. Worst name in classes A2/1 and A2/2 please.

19 minutes ago, great northern said:

Perhaps I should have had separate polls for all the sub classes. Would you like to do that?. This one was close as well, with 12 different locos put forward. Blue Peter won with 4, followed by The Wolf and Tudor Minstrel with 3.

I will split the vote for worst names anyway. Worst name in classes A2/1 and A2/2 please.

They’re all good so I abstain from this one.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
26 minutes ago, great northern said:

Now you've confused me, Gilbert. My 1955 ABC reprint lists two different types of A2, plus A2/1, A2/2 and A2/3. Have I missed something?