Great Tunsley Dale Revisited

trains12

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

GTD will be at a Model Show in Warwickshire next weekend 12th & 13th October 2013, in Gaydon.

Glen Gillie in its Full Length will be at the Boonybridge Model Show in Scotland this weekend 5th & 6th October 2013 at Bonnybridge, Falkirk (just off the M80 / M876). If anyone will be there off the RMWeb, then please do come over to us and introduce yourself to Peter (aka RMWeb user trains12) or me and the guys working the layout...

20 miles from Glasgow

33 miles from Edinburgh

Jamie

• Like 2

Hi All

Well the layout is all packed up in the hire van for its trip to Hornby show at Gaydon this weekend.If any RMWeb members are there please drop by and say hello. You never know you could end up operating..

Hi All

Some More photos of GTD before brake down for the show, also modifying the Main Building Back Board to make it easier to put into place when setting up the layout.

post-5212-0-79864600-1381445952.jpg

post-5212-0-07969900-1381445963.jpg

post-5212-0-05362500-1381445974.jpg

post-5212-0-40983500-1381445983.jpg

post-5212-0-16775000-1381445997.jpg

post-5212-0-84762200-1381446006.jpg

post-5212-0-34095200-1381446021.jpg

post-5212-0-16648000-1381446056.jpg

post-5212-0-08626600-1381446381.jpg

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

Well GTDs appearance at the GETS at Gaydon did go ahead despite some last minute setbacks. I am sure Peter will put a post on once he has recovered from his drive home and unloading the layout!

But thanks to the Hornby Magazine team and especially Mike Wild he managed to sort out some help for the layout on both days courtesy of Richard, Graham and Rory. Along with myself, my girlfriend Vicky and Peter managed to keep things going most of the time. Yes it was quite manic Saturday morning trying to finish the layout prep and putting what stock we could onto the sidings and the fiddle yard before the visiting public started coming in at 10am. With the help of Richard in the morning and Graham in the afternoon we managed to keep the trains running on the main lines with the two Midland Pullman sets attracting a lot of attention along with the ICI hoppers. Yes we had the usual little gremlins like wagons derailing on some of the crossing but on the whole it went alright on the Saturday. On the Sunday we had Richard again helping us along with Rory and we stuck to the same operation on the main lines with the odd freight train going into and out of the main quarry sidings. And then it was 4pm on Sunday and time to start packing away. And we packed the stock away and with help from Richard and Rory started to dismantle the layout and we then waited for a while to let most of the others in the room load up their vans and trailers as they were keen to get away. Then it was our turn to load it all into the van. That tail-lift came in very handy!! Mike Wild lent a hand to load the van as well so thanks to all him and the lads who helped us over the weekend.

Cheers Paul

• Like 2

Hi All

Well I arrived home late after noon after delays on the M6 around Birmingham. Have unloaded part of the layout but again damage to main building . Must say a great big thank you to Richard, Rory and Graham for all the help and to Paul and Mike from Hornby Mag for putting on one of the best shows been to for a while..

I am off to lie down for a while, Doing three major shows in four weeks has taken it out of me a bit, us OAP's need are rest!!!! :closedeyes: :closedeyes: Will post a full report in a while

Cheers

Peter ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Peter and Paul

It was a pleasure and an honour to play trains on such an iconic and exquisite layout, I even managed to master getting the three way point setting correct by the end of my operating session. After time spent on Bolsover and Seven Pit Lane with DCC and Railmaster it was nice to get back to good old analogue control...

It was certainly a good show.

• Like 2

Peter,

Am jumping on a 'plane right now!

Alas, just a dream, would love to see your work in the flesh, so to say.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete

Anytime that you can make it to this country give us a Pm and try and arrange a visit to see the layouts here in North Wales. Love to meet you.

All the best

Peter

Am needing to do some cliffs for a new waterfall, your scenic background will certainly influence the finished product. Lovely scenic work.

Hi Jaz

Your right... Peter does excellent cliffs when he get engrossed into modelling them and always look brilliant and are some of the best I have seen when I’ve attended model shows...

Jamie

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Peter, I hope your on the mend now and recuperating at home with Wendy waiting on you hand and foot, ahhaha, Bertie wanting walkies and loads to do in the Kitchen still.

I have just had another scan through GTD and its so good, Hopefully I will see it working one day. Whens the next outing with it?

Looking at the stock Modern Image is so much easier to get RTR than the Steam era I will be doing on Wye Dale, I may need to improvise as I'm not into kit building.

All the best and a Merry Christmas to you Wendy and Bertie.

Andy :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Peter

Not logged in for ages... Glad you looked better than I expected you to look when I visited you in 'H', I did notice in your notes it said...

'that YOU would Live, although they didn’t Recommend it...' ha-ha (One of the best lines in Only Fools and Horses) but applicable in this case to... lol

Good that you had the side room with a photo of a Garratt on the wall, was that ordered specially for you, or just to remind Wendy she still got another bill to pay for you... lol

Take it steady and have a great Christmas with Wendy and Family and a Great New Year...

Always keep you Humour...

Jamie

Hi all

Not been allowed on the computer much this last week and have done no modelling either. Getting better each day as Wendy will confirm by the amount of food I ate on Christmas day.

Still feeling very tired and they are still trying to get the warfarin level right.

Anyway many thanks for all your comments, Andy, Jaz, Jamie Ray & Polly and everyone else and hope you all had a merry Christmas and wishing you all a very happy new year.

Yes Ray would love to have you come and visit and talk about dcc and also your method of magnets for Kadee couplings. plus anyone else who would like to visit to stop the boredom.

Peter

• Like 1