Darlington 2009 - in the round 2!

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thought we should give you adavnced warning about the show.

Well after the success of last years exhibition we return the Darlington College for a bigger and better exhibition this year!

DECEMBER 5th & 6th 2009

1yeabz_cec7acb1b6bf368e23741dffea58a332.jpg

The full list of layouts in no particular order is as follows;

Longcarse West-4mm P4 by Dave Furmage

Stainsby-4mm EM-Dave Scott(Thornaby-on-Tees EM Group) exhibition debut

Crumley and Little wickhill - 4mm 009 by Hull Miniture Railway Society

Farkham-4mm OO by Mickleover Model Railway Group

Teesbay - 4mm Paul Gregory

'Mini MSW 2mm f/s by Alan Whitehouse

Croft Depot - 4mm P4 by Duncan Wilcock

Oak Ridge Canyon-3.5mm HO by George Woolnough

Fellburn - 4mm OO by Paul Gallon

Hospital Gates - 7mm by 1059 group (RM railway of the month- November issue. First trip away from home)

Johnstown Road - 7mm O by Barrowmore Model Railway Group

Holland park - 4mm OO by Nick Gurney

Shift??™tem Sidings -4mm OO by William Howard (And the ever so modest exhibition manager Simon!!)

Gilderdale Mine - 4mm 009 by Peter Hogarth

Oh and Thomas!!

Societys

2mm Association

S4 Society

Wensleydale Railway

RCTS

South Tynedale Railway

Traders

Modelex

DigiTrains

Wizard Models

BR lines

Durham Trains of Stanley

Plus daughters

North Eastern Models

MilnesBridge Models

D&E Videos

Nairnshire Modelling supplies

There will also be the return of the Railway Tombola with prizes donated by leading companies and manufacturers including A Hornby Princess, Group Rail travel, numerous day tickets to preserved railways and plenty of bottles of wine and beer!!

And the almost legendary all day breakfast returns due to popular demand!

Admission will be Adults ??4.00 OAP ??3.00 Children ??2.00 Family Ticket ??11.00

For further details see the club website: http://www.darlingto...co.uk/index.htm

A map to the venue may be found here: http://www.darlingto...0Directions.pdf

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

That's an excellent line up Simon, don't forget to add the dates and add it to the Calendar.

Hi Andy,

i would add the poster that we had on the old place but im not that good. Still learning the ropes laugh.gif

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Beast,

I have a nice little spot picked out for you and the rest of the team.

The Saturday nite should be good. I have the quiz master working away on the quiz as I type and with possible numbers this year we may have the room to our selves. Felt a little bit sorry for the other members of the public last year with us lot in there

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon

Hope you are not getting too harassed as the big event draws closer. OAK RIDGE CANYON is almost ready for it's debut up in Darlington (just a few finishing touches required,track, electrics, buildings etc). Only joking :rolleyes: Looking foward to Sat night again. See you all soon.

www.oakridgecanyon.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I will be there on the S4 stand, along with other WFRM members cool.gif - looking forward to the Saturday night

Hope you have your menu? (simon should have posted them) Look forward to seeing you guys again ---- Andy.(meal organiser and chip shop locator in chief)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Looking forward to it, it's a shame we're travelling, we'll miss the saturday night do.

Fellburn is still 00 though!

Paul

all sorted now, i dont know the thnings i have to do for some people rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Can't wait for this one!! Holland Park, Farkham and Hospital Gates. Nice one Simon. What about Thorne Yard?? or is their no noisy rif raf aloud this year? tongue.gif

Guy

Hi guy, one rule that i have is no layout will be invited back to the show within a 4 year window. Thomas is an exception laugh.gif we arnt like other shows laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hope you have your menu? (simon should have posted them) Look forward to seeing you guys again ---- Andy.(meal organiser and chip shop locator in chief)

The menu's will be posted out some time in the next few days, they have been held back due to the royal mail and my day job. Sonner i win the lotto the better

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

we are looking forward to your presence Beast laugh.gif laugh.gif oh and the rest of your team

it will also be a special for other reasons but closer to the time for that one wink.gif

We have had a change to the line up.

Teesbay by Paul Grregory will now be attending the show.

cheers

simon

Can't wait for this one!! Holland Park, Farkham and Hospital Gates. Nice one Simon. What about Thorne Yard?? or is their no noisy rif raf aloud this year? tongue.gif

Guy

HI Guy

Not fair eh!!!angry.gif No-one ever mentioned a 4 year gap!! Maybe if I build the 4ft extension that would possibly count as a new layout!!icon_e_wink.gif

If you want to catch TY you can this weekend at Leeds or in a few weeks at Blyth!

Thanks for the intrest though! And did you see that Teesbay is now attending! More Diesel action

Might end up behind that for some part of the exhibition if I'm good!

Regards

Dave

• RMweb Gold

HI Guy

Not fair eh!!!angry.gif No-one ever mentioned a 4 year gap!! Maybe if I build the 4ft extension that would possibly count as a new layout!!icon_e_wink.gif

Dave

If you get permission to build an extension wink.gif it will be booked again wink.gif wink.gif

cheers

Simon

Hi guys

Just to let you know that Paul Gregory will now be bringing Teesbay to the show - I know several people had asked when it was next out!

Also- you might want to raid the piggy bank as not only do we have several quality traders but the Railway tombola returns bigger and better than last year with several locos up for grabs as well as limited edition meorabilia and TOC merchandise. Plus this year due to Northern Rails extreme generosity we will be holding a sealed bid auction for 3 items donated complete with certificates of authenticity!!! Want to know more watch this space, visit the website or better still come along to the show!!!

Regards

Dave C

HI Guys

Just to let you know as I now have them in my possession, that we have a number of very special items that will be auction off in a sealed bid auction over the weekend!

Firstly, thanks to the very kind people at Northern Rail we have Regional Railways station signs fron North Road (Darlington) Shildon and Stockton. Each comes with a certificate of Authenticty and the winning bidder can take them away on Sunday Evening.

Secondly, Our good friends at Db Schenker have given us 1 of a very limited edition of Bachmann class 66's they comissioned from Dave Lowery who repainted them into the new DB Livery (must be worth a decent bid eh Beast!)

This is on top of the enormous amount of prizes on the Railway Tombola (a conservative estimate would be ??700 including a Hornby Pete Waterman Collection Princess, A Heljan 58, heaps of stuff from Freightliner, Peco, South Tynedale Railway, NYMR steam Museum............the list really does go on! Also there is a prize drawer for a pair of FIRST CLASS RETURN TICKETS TO LONDON thanks to our kind friends at Grand Central, just buy the guide to gain free entry or buy a ticket!!

Oh there are a few decent layouts if you get bored of all this excitement!!!

See you there

Regards

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Well less than a month to go, I had better look and see if I can find Fellburn, it's in there somewhere.

I've just heard that exhibition manager Simon put himself in hospital last night, probably been running around the woods again and tripped over his feet!

Last year's show was very good and looking at the layouts and traders listed for this year it looks as if it will be even better. Both the venue and the catering are first class - the all day breakfast is thoroughly recommended! - and all are backed up by the enthusiastic organisers.

I will be there under the auspices of the ToTEM (Thornaby on Tees EM) Group of Railway Modellers - me and some good friends - with "STAINSBY", an LNER layout set in the NORTH RIDING of YORKSHIRE, in the 1930s. It is a double track, through station on cross a country route and includng fiddle yards, is 26ft long. It is its first outing and we are all a bit nervous that it will behave itself!

Archived