Darlington 2009 - in the round 2!

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

All being well I should be up-country to take my Grandad to the home show. Not been for a few years so look forward with interest.

Hi,

hopefully you will find a few changes and enjoy the show.

Plenty of FREE parking at the collage and some good food to be had for little money from the collage.

Hope to see you at the show, i will be the one with the Darlington MRC top on and the long hair. If you see me please stop for a chat.

cheers

Simon

Exhibition manger

Darlington MRC

Simon,

thanks for the update. just to confirm we'll be visiting on the sunday. Can i ask if you have some seating available spaced regularly around the venue. My grandad, while having spent his working life walking the lineside, is now a bit frail - you get him to admit it - so can i ask for discreetly placed seating around the venue. Cheers. On another tack, looking forward to seeing the new venue. I remember the show at Gladstone Street Baths and its early phase at the Dolphin Centre, but the new college site is somewhere i only know through teenage urb-ex style exploration in the old sidings.

Cheers Steve

Simon,

thanks for the update. just to confirm we'll be visiting on the sunday. Can i ask if you have some seating available spaced regularly around the venue. My grandad, while having spent his working life walking the lineside, is now a bit frail - you get him to admit it - so can i ask for discreetly placed seating around the venue. Cheers. On another tack, looking forward to seeing the new venue. I remember the show at Gladstone Street Baths and its early phase at the Dolphin Centre, but the new college site is somewhere i only know through teenage urb-ex style exploration in the old sidings.

Cheers Steve

hi Steve

Don't know if Simon is close to his pc so I'll respond on his behalf! The college venue is ideal for our show! Being in a round venue is great as no 2 points in the hall are particually far apart! Also there is a large seated section that we use for the hot and cold refreshments! However make yourself known when you get here and I'll personally make sure that you are looked after!

As for the exhibition in Gladstone St and the Dolphin Center that's going back a bit!!! We've been on the college(the old one that they flattened a few years ago!) and Longfield school since then but think you'll really enjoy the new venue!

Regards

DaveC

Regards

DaveC

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

due to Daves very hard work on the publicity side of the show we now have an article in the local paper. link below

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4753963.Station_signs_offered_in_silent_auction/

Steve - as Dave kindly replied to you request, please make yourself known to us.

Im sure Ted Flintoff won't mind if you stop by his demo table where there will be a few chairs and you can have a chat to Ted as well biggrin.gif

Right im off to book my tickets to somewhere warm for the weekend of the show to keep out of the way wink.gif wink.gif

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

He can also sit and chat to us on our demo table - he can keep Tony quiet :P :)

looking forward to this even more now I have woken up and realised our mates Nick, John, Jeff and Pete H are there too (with Holland Park) B)

Thanks all for the friendly and helpfull replies. As you can imagine having been fit and active my Grandad's physical frailty these days can stop him even trying stuff so getting him to go out in the winter is brilliant. Thanks all yet again and I guess I must be showing my age if i can even remember Gladstone Street! It'll be interesting to see the new college though it won't be the "Tech".

Thanks again.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

He can also sit and chat to us on our demo table - he can keep Tony quiet tongue.gif smile.gif

looking forward to this even more now I have woken up and realised our mates Nick, John, Jeff and Pete H are there too (with Holland Park) cool.gif

I had forgot about Tony wink.gif You are all in the same area so if you stick him next to Ted they will get on like an house on fire laugh.gif laugh.gif

Glad you noticed Dave rolleyes.gif wink.gif Should be a good night on Saturday cool.gif cool.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's all part of the service Steve smile.gif We are aiming to provide a good quality, freindly show that makes everyone feel welcome and hopefully will provide people with ideas and the motovation to go home and carry on with thier projects or even start one

cheers

Simon

ps Steve, i have only been a member for a couple of years so i don't remember the dolphin or Gladstone Street or even the old tech

Guest Digital

He can also sit and chat to us on our demo table - he can keep Tony quiet tongue.gif smile.gif

looking forward to this even more now I have woken up and realised our mates Nick, John, Jeff and Pete H are there too (with Holland Park) cool.gif

Were looking forward to seeing you guys as well

John

• RMweb Gold

Crikey! At this rate we are going to have to have to have a meet a 1pm meet like they had a warley! And it'll have to be a bigun!! Infact it might be a case of spot the non RMwebber.

Guy

Hi Guy,

it wont be at 1pm as every one will be at luch with the all day breakfast wink.gif cool.gif

it would be intresting to see how many rmwebers attend the show. I will have to have a look in to that.

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon

Looking forward to the nearly famous all day breakfast. :lol: OAK RIDGE CANYON is all stacked up and ready to load. :D

Just applying some waterslide transfer that i had made by a local printer. I know you will be busy in the next two weeks but please do not order any of that snow and ice that was delivered last year.

See you soon.

George

www.oakridgecanyon.co.uk

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon

Looking forward to the nearly famous all day breakfast. laugh.gif OAK RIDGE CANYON is all stacked up and ready to load. biggrin.gif

Just applying some waterslide transfer that i had made by a local printer. I know you will be busy in the next two weeks but please do not order any of that snow and ice that was delivered last year.

See you soon.

George

www.oakridgecanyon.co.uk

Hi George,

i got snowed in last year and only just made it to the set up on the friday nite due to the council gritting my road 2 hours before i needed to leave mine.

I like you don't want a repeat this year as i have to collect my Brother from the station on thursday nite and the girlfriend from the station on Friday so i am thinking of parking my car at the end of my raod for the week just in case laugh.gif laugh.gif

see you in a couple of weeks, well its only 10ish days now or something like that.

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi George,

i got snowed in last year and only just made it to the set up on the friday nite due to the council gritting my road 2 hours before i needed to leave mine.

I like you don't want a repeat this year as i have to collect my Brother from the station on thursday nite and the girlfriend from the station on Friday so i am thinking of parking my car at the end of my raod for the week just in case laugh.gif laugh.gif

see you in a couple of weeks, well its only 10ish days now or something like that.

cheers

Simon

The ice was fun last year, we were struggling to stand, now was that on the way to the pub or back from it - I really don't remember :lol:

• RMweb Gold

how far is the railway station from the venue? biggrin.gif

Hi,

sorry for the delay in replying to your question, i have been unable to get on to rmweb to answer it

The collage is about a 10 min walk from the station.

More details can be found on the following page from the website

http://darlingtonmrc.co.uk/page27.htm

hope this helps and i will hopefully see you at the show

cheers

Simon

Hi all,

I will be coming for a look round again this year, i attended last year at the new college, enjoyed it. We used to go when it was in the old college that was demolished, but its much better now smile.gif

I'l be wandering round discretely, dont know what day yet, but if you see a 16 year old spending money or looking at modern layouts... that will be me biggrin.gif wink.gif

Guest Digital

Nick Gurney, Pete Harvey, Geoff Griffiths and myself will all be at the show with Nick's superb Holland Park layout.

We all look forward to meeting all RMWEb members so please come along and say hello.

John

+hi simon, thanks for your information to how far venue is from railway station. B) i have just booked my ticket from falkirkto darlington. really looking forward to the show some great layouts on show. :D :D holland park and farkam, and hospital gates look good :rolleyes: hope you get big crowd to compliment your exhibition. i will seek you out at the show and introduce myself. :lol: good luck joe. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

quick up date for you all,

due to illness Modelex will not be attending the show.

Pat sends his apolagies for his absence.

Everything else is on target and i hope to see a few of you over the weekend of the show. I am the one with the long hair and the blue hoody top wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif so if you see me stop and say hi.

cheers

Simon

Hi all,

quick up date for you all,

due to illness Modelex will not be attending the show.

Pat sends his apolagies for his absence.

Everything else is on target and i hope to see a few of you over the weekend of the show. I am the one with the long hair and the blue hoody top wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif so if you see me stop and say hi.

cheers

Simon

Damn! Shame about Model Ex as someone gave me a shopping list for them! Still hope the guy is well soon.....

Looking forward to the show...

Archived