Bachmann pre-announcement thread

reevesthecat

Stirling single is an interesting thought as Bachmann already produce it in the form of Emily in the US Thomas range. (check link below if you have not already seen it) Limited development investment required to produce a detailed model.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1583

Mike Wiltshire

Actually Mike, I'd have thought starting from scratch would produce better results. The Bachmann Emily's drivers are bigger than a scale 8ft, and the loco and tender need a lot of hacking about to produce a half-decent result. Here's one I prepared earlier...!

post-1656-0-10128200-1299335775_thumb.jpg

I wanted to produce mine as the loco was from 1930 - 2010 (as currently there is an actual stirling single tender being overhauled to pair with it - the other tender I am trying to produce being the previous sturrock tender, of course).

It's been my choice of loco whenever the NRM ask on their next commission. :)

Though I want to finish mine first so they can promptly one-up it! :lol:

4mt 80154 was pulled this year as it wasn't the best candidate for an early crest (so i've been told). Maybe it will be back this year with a late crest? Last Brighton built engine, history with the Bluebell, nearly preserved. Its a good choice I would have thought... If it doesn't come soon I will probably re-number another example but if Bachmann bring it out it will save me that job!.

Actually Mike, I'd have thought starting from scratch would produce better results. The Bachmann Emily's drivers are bigger than a scale 8ft, and the loco and tender need a lot of hacking about to produce a half-decent result. Here's one I prepared earlier...!

post-1656-0-10128200-1299335775_thumb.jpg

I wanted to produce mine as the loco was from 1930 - 2010 (as currently there is an actual stirling single tender being overhauled to pair with it - the other tender I am trying to produce being the previous sturrock tender, of course).

It's been my choice of loco whenever the NRM ask on their next commission. :)

Though I want to finish mine first so they can promptly one-up it! :lol:

I motorised a Kitmaster myself . I assume yours is Kitmaster based as well.

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

I motorised a Kitmaster myself . I assume yours is Kitmaster based as well.

Regards

Mike Wiltshire

No, mine is in fact the Emily model! :lol:

As I said, a LOT of work to bring it up to standard. The tender is bashed from a Kitmaster tender, mind, but the loco body is pure "Emily", with a lot of work filing, adding handrails, etc etc. New Chimney, drilled out cab windows, reshaped the cab, looking to drill out the driving wheels (or make some sort of etch for them instead - that would be easier!)and various other bits and bobs.

Could I ask that when the news is out (????) we lock this thread and start a new one ?

Makes more sense now you have put 'that' in your mes.. Rather than "Could I ask when the news is out (????) we lock this thread and start a new one".

OzzyO.

No, mine is in fact the Emily model! :lol:

As I said, a LOT of work to bring it up to standard. The tender is bashed from a Kitmaster tender, mind, but the loco body is pure "Emily", with a lot of work filing, adding handrails, etc etc. New Chimney, drilled out cab windows, reshaped the cab, looking to drill out the driving wheels (or make some sort of etch for them instead - that would be easier!)and various other bits and bobs.

Outstanding achievement. I recognised the tender, hence my assumption it was Kitmaster. Nice to see someone having a go at something different.

I take my hat off to you sir

Mike Wiltshire

Why all the fuss ?

Patience...........................

................is a virtue, and let's face it it'll be along time before anything announced is on the shelves to buy.

OK; call me cynical......................angry.gif

Edited for poor punctuation. blush.gif

let's face it it'll be along time before anything announced is on the shelves to buy.

It starts to get a bit boring after a while doesn't it?!

Were people this bothered pre-internet? Frantically awaiting that month's Modeller just to see what was announced?!

All I'd like to know is if an SPA will appear at somepoint - I just don't want to build fifteen or twenty of them, to then hear I could have saved myself a lot of time! :lol:

Hi Guys

as the OP I would like to say thanks for all your contributions before the thread gets locked tomorrow (probably). I have enjoyed reading them.

I asked for more than a simple wishlist as I wanted to see joined up thinking ie they could do this as it would utilise this or would compliment another part of their range as it adds more value to the contributions and may (depending on opinion) lift the thread from pure listings.

Anyway I look forward to the announcements and thanks again for joining in, I enjoy the anticipation sometimes it is better to travel than to arrive!

cheers

mark

Why all the fuss ?

Patience...........................

................is a virtue, and let's face it it'll be along time before anything announced is on the shelves to buy.

OK; call me cynical......................angry.gif

I believe Andy's already commented on acceptance of Bachmann's production schedules, personally I dont see the problem in a bit of anticipation and being able to plan ahead. You'd do it with a holiday or a new car or even just a night out, why not with a fairly major event in the model railway calendar.

Were people this bothered pre-internet?

I think they were, but they communicated by other means and you just didnt come across it so readily (plus the pace of new releases has greatly increased in the last few years).

I'm certainly not pro-wishlist but I havent found it boring; I think Mark chose the perfect time to start the thread - and it is now less than a day to the announcement, I'm sure anybody who doesnt want to read the thread can keep away a few more hours.

I'm certainly not pro-wishlist but I havent found it boring; I think Mark chose the perfect time to start the thread - and it is now less than a day to the announcement, I'm sure anybody who doesnt want to read the thread can keep away a few more hours.

I didn't mean the thread - it's made a great change to see people putting forward locical possibilities for what could produced rather than the normal "I want XXX" or "Bachby should really bring out a XXX"!

I meant more people repeating the request of when will the annoucement be made!

• RMweb Gold

Were people this bothered pre-internet? Frantically awaiting that month's Modeller just to see what was announced?!

I always used to look forward to the March edition of the 'Modeller' with interest (but rarely anticipation) to see what had been announced at the Toy Fair. In fact I think it was probably originally Sydney Pritchard/Cyril Freezer/'Railway Modeller' that started to make such a thing of planned releases for the coming year - often centred around Peco's plans of courselaugh.gif

The other interesting (if that's the right word?) change is what folk now seem to expect. In the 'old days' - basically I suppose pre Airfix and Mainline - the announcement of a new loco was quite an event. Now the market, albeit a more complicated market, seems to want several new locos every year from the main manufacturers plus wagons, coaches and so on & so forth, and we're able to express our wishes for what we want in a much more instant and public fashion than we ever could by feedback to reps via our favourite retailer or writing to margate or Liverpool or wherever. It's a different world and as long as Andy is happy to spare the bandwidth I don't see why we shouldn't have a bit of fun if we can manage it without getting too silly.

Now about those green 'Warships' that Bachmann will be releasing in a choice of names and numbers to go with the 15XX tank loco ... tehehelaugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

Tomorrow or Monday

From www.Bachmann.co.uk this evening:

Saturday, March 5th. 2011

This site is currently undergoing Routine Programmed Annual Maintenance

Please try again after 03.00 hrs UTC Sunday March 6th. 2011

From www.Bachmann.co.uk this evening:

Saturday, March 5th. 2011

This site is currently undergoing Routine Programmed Annual Maintenance

Please try again after 03.00 hrs UTC Sunday March 6th. 2011

Of course, they're gonna need a lot of space on the server to put all the pictures of their newly tooled Class 59, 67, 71, 73 and 442 Wessy Electric, so they're probably clearing off all the old stuff from previous years to make room !!!

Okay.......I'm heading out the door right now........:P

I want to know who is going to be awake at 03.00 just to be able to post the news.

(Of course those from the "colonies" might have the advantage there.)

Depends if 29 002 wakes up for a feed

Class 07 diesel shunter is my prediction,finsbury park deltic with sound and another 37/0 in blue.I would be happy wi a reissued deltic prototype in 00

Archived