Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

dont often see this combination running on layouts although I have seen a few shots and archive footage of 08's marshalled into trains..

post-27-0-65945000-1356007291.jpg

WD 2-8-0 hauling a new Diesel shunter in Up freight passing Balornock Locomotive Depot

The copyright on this image is owned by Ben Brooksbank and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license

• Like 7

dont often see this combination running on layouts although I have seen a few shots and archive footage of 08's marshalled into trains..

post-27-0-65945000-1356007291.jpg

WD 2-8-0 hauling a new Diesel shunter in Up freight passing Balornock Locomotive Depot

The copyright on this image is owned by Ben Brooksbank and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license

The 08 has its couplings rods fitted which is/was unusual for DIT working.

I say, folks. What's that in the far left background?:

http://flic.kr/p/dBQcA5

Nice homogeneity of 12T vans, as well.

Season's best wishes,

BR(W).

Although I've never seen an instruction about withdrawl of 12ton vans, BR does seem to have called in all of the non standard vans about 1972. Such action is unusual, as they usually relied on monetary limits (on repair expenditure) to control the fleet numbers.

Rebodied mineral wagons would have been common in 1974.

Paul Bartlett

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A goods train passing the signal box on the down fast at Bebington also gives a view of the wagons in the goods yard.

A view of the train going on towards Rock Ferry, the train will be turned on to the slow line there to go down to the docks.

The photos were taken September 1959 by Billy Walker the signalman there.

:offtopic:

A 1980s view from the bridge in the background of Billys photos

post-6662-0-79946800-1356509423.jpg

• Like 4

10 out of 10 for that that one Mr Delemar.

Not for the 16 tonners but for the brake tender, that is one of the Ultra rare Cowlairs built examples.  (3 off) They had a slightly different body shape, handrails vac pipes etc., to the rest of the "round toppers" and were turned out with diesel grey roofs. Hurrah for the Cowlairs painters as they seemed to have an individual streak.

I reckon that tender could be B964036 (ex DB320922) going off the footsteps on the bogies...

Porcy (With apologies for wandering of topic)

• Like 1

10 out of 10 for that that one Mr Delemar.

Not for the 16 tonners but for the brake tender, that is one of the Ultra rare Cowlairs built examples.  (3 off) They had a slightly different body shape, handrails vac pipes etc., to the rest of the "round toppers" and were turned out with diesel grey roofs. Hurrah for the Cowlairs painters as they seemed to have an individual streak.

I reckon that tender could be B964036 (ex DB320922) going off the footsteps on the bogies...

Porcy (With apologies for wandering of topic)

Hey hey - this isn't a DBT thread................... :jester:

Where's our proper railway gone - I miss it.