2011 Diorama Challenge Announced

Andy Y

There will be a sub-forum set up and it would be preferable if a summary of the build and the best shots are included within that summary topic, as with previous challenges.

If there is a need to link to off-site content so be it but some readers may not follow the links (it's a habit thing with people).

• Like 1

There will be a sub-forum set up and it would be preferable if a summary of the build and the best shots are included within that summary topic, as with previous challenges.

If there is a need to link to off-site content so be it but some readers may not follow the links (it's a habit thing with people).

How will we know when this has been set up and how do we add our entry to it, I'm a bit of a nubie with these forums

I just found this challenge. If there was no deadline for entering I would like to try a little uncomplicated project; a small coal transloading facility that is simple and shouldn't take more than the 2 1/2 weeks I have left. Winning is not my goal, only completing the project and showing what I have done.

Ray

Hi,

I've been a bit slow in registering for this challenge ( I like trains NOT computers), I was stuck for inspiration & didn't think I'd get anything off the ground,but then I had an idea - which is nothing like what I've ended up with, but I started & I've now almost finished but suspected that my final images will be submitted by email ( I know how to do that!).

• RMweb Gold

Andy, hi

A quick question to help me with forward planning.....1st October 2011 means in reality midnight 30th September 2011, right?

Do I need to put final pictures on my thread before midnight (Allowing for the 1 hour time difference in Spain of course!) or do I need to email them to you to arrive before midnight.

Apologies...its just I am away all next weekend so am trying to plan working backwards from the deadine to the last hour/minute!

Many thanks in advance

Pete

Yes Pete, it can be considered as such although I'm technically including 01 Oct as the last day any work should happen.

Once the dealine has arrived I will then open a separate topic where entrants must confirm their entry with a link to the content. I will then build the voting structure from that.

Good luck all in the final days; although certain people have still probably got time to whack out another entry. :)

• RMweb Gold

Yes Pete, it can be considered as such although I'm technically including 01 Oct as the last day any work should happen.

Thanks Andy...1 October 2011 is a Saturday...likey...may just keep that day in reserve then... :yes:

Once the dealine has arrived I will then open a separate topic where entrants must confirm their entry with a link to the content. I will then build the voting structure from that.

Good luck all in the final days; although certain people have still probably got time to whack out another entry. :)

Hi Andy,

Will the link to the content be what we've already posted or do we get to post a selection of photos on a separate thread to our main one ?

Rgds,

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

This may sound a daft question but do we need to email our details for our entries or is the forum thread sufficient. I have had major problems with my ISP and I haven't been able to upload some of my pictures after several attempts. I don't believe it is the RMWeb site that has been the issue but a fault with my ISP.

Hi Casey,

Having created a topic is deemed an expression of intent. I'll then open a topic for people to confirm that there entry is to be submitted and a forum area for people to write a summary to show their entry to its best effect (as that can get lost in a topic over time).

If you do have any upload problems please email me at info@rmweb.co.uk so we can find a solution.

Hi,

Andy, when you write a summary topic, do you have to include photos proving the dimensions or will it do if you summit a link to your building thread that has photos with proof of dimensions (Which I do)

Just a check so I know which photos to include!

Bring on tomorrow!

Simon

The challenge is now CLOSED and final entries should be submitted.

1. Please create a summary topic in this forum area - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/194-2011-challenge-summary-topics/ by 08 October.

2. Please post a link to your summary topic in this topic - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45440-2011-challenge-confirmed-entries/

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Firstly, just like to say this competition has been fantastic, the level of entries are extremely high. For someone who lives out of the way in Southern Ireland, RMweb is a lifeline and it is a great way to keep in touch with current trends and also with help etc. Thank you for your continued dedication.

Secondly, as a complete ludite with regards computers, can you explain how we create the links. I've done it before, but it was by complete accident and I'm a bit lost with the process. Also why do we have to insert it twice?

Sorry to be a pain.

Regards

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Firstly, just like to say this competition has been fantastic, the level of entries are extremely high. For someone who lives out of the way in Southern Ireland, RMweb is a lifeline and it is a great way to keep in touch with current trends and also with help etc. Thank you for your continued dedication.

Secondly, as a complete ludite with regards computers, can you explain how we create the links. I've done it before, but it was by complete accident and I'm a bit lost with the process. Also why do we have to insert it twice?

Sorry to be a pain.

Regards

Mike

Hi Andy

Think I've managed it!!

Regards

Mike