steve fay

Over the last weekend up Leamington we had a good look through GWR wagon books and we found out the wagon including Diagram number, which does escape me at the moment, any way I have a great friend and scratch builder who is going to take on the project for me. Oh and it might even be available as a kit in the future.

I've got more pictures of a few other wagons for RB but we will have to wait until the server is working properly I can't resize pictures on my iPad.

• 2 weeks later...

post-5983-0-55673900-1383948063_thumb.jpg

Check out this Beauty form the archives.

You do realise if I go portable il have to have trains running in front.

Man this is going to cost a fortune. I suppose the 90s project and the American N will have to stay a dream for a few more years.

• Like 6

post-5983-0-12860000-1384370290_thumb.jpg

Hybrid western,

I picked up a D1000 body off eBay over the week end and this evening I've been swapping all the bits over.

I'm going to spray up the skirts in primer and try and match the sand in a spray.

I'm going to clean up the holes for the air pipes and replace the steam heat and vacuum pipes with cast ones and get some new screw links.

I couldn't decide on a yellow end or not but then I found this picture still with only steam and vac pipe with yellow ends so I will have them sprayed on with the weathering.

post-5983-0-19598500-1384370539_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

post-5983-0-31906500-1384461695.jpg

Look what I found, Lion on Ranelagh bridge. Now that would be bright. Hopefully in around 5 years when Heljan have exhausted the main stream diesels we might see this one along with Falcon, bright white and pea and brown in amongst all the Brunswick green.

• Like 3

Come on Ozzy your not that young! Don't you remember Randall and Hopkirk deceased.Marty Hopkirk was the partner who was killed and came back as a ghost dressed all in white and helped his partner Mike Randall to solve crimes.Kenneth Cope played Marty.

Come on Ozzy your not that young! Don't you remember Randall and Hopkirk deceased.Marty Hopkirk was the partner who was killed and came back as a ghost dressed all in white and helped his partner Mike Randall to solve crimes.Kenneth Cope played Marty.

Blond moment.

post-5983-0-52774000-1384542159_thumb.jpg

Plates arrived today for D1000 and courier for my dad, they are from Severn mill and are superb as usual. The D1000 plates are £29 and the standard plates are £23.

Lion is a smart looking loco, styled the same industrial designer who styled the hymek and falcon. We can keep our fingers crossed and badger the Heljan staff at shows!! ;-)

• Like 3

Ozzys current thread is building a 517 from a jltrt kit in the kit building section the turntable build is a few pages back now, I'm sure he can let you know which pages.

If you start looking on page 37 the T/T build should start one or two messages in.

OzzyO.

Thanks Ozzy, Steve,

Having read about Ozzy's beautiful workmanship, it seems the question I have is for Steve!

You mentioned the drive being very controllable with a small motor - I'm having some issues with mine (which being for a fictional location, does not need rebuilding with flat tops!) and would be very grateful for a description & any photos of the gubbins underneath - particularly the drive belt.

Best

SD