steve fay

I will sort something out although I can't for a while. My turn table is currently in place on Pete Watermans Leamington spa layout. There was a delay in his being built as he too needs a flat topper. I Installed my base and I'm going to have his base for RB.

I did install it on a small layout a while back and as I said the drive was very smooth. Using the supplied belt and motor From metal smith . You do have to make sure the belt is taught and I included two extra wheels underneath to get the belt tight. I was using and will continue to use a small gauge master controller for power.

I hope this helps. I will be bringing my turn table home in the spring when I hope to start building the boards for Ranelagh and installing the well and drive in place.

If your at the Warley show have a look at the turn table on 82G I had a look underneath at Telford they manually drive there's all be it with a flywheel and they were happy to show me.

Edited by steve fay

I've got a Heljan Hymek coming soon for Ranelagh Bridge. I'm going to detail it up a bit, etched cab steps from Pete Harvey and new buffers pipes couplings etc from Jltrt and hopefully a few more bits off them too.

I think I might do D7020 as she was one of the first batch allocated to Canton so I will have to remove the head board clips fill and touch in the paint.

I think I might add snow ploughs as well, I can't find pictures of them with them that early but I do like ploughs and if I can't get hold of the life guards for the bogie it will hide the fact there not there a bit more.

Not 100'/, yet we will have to wait and see.

Likewise, seeing him at Reading to talk about the drawings I sent him for my Royal Mail Exchange goods shed he was doing for me.

Its an adaptation of the Gorleston shed and would have been an interesting addition to the layout.

Its one area of my layout that has remained 'undecided upon' until I had a good chat in Telford about the shed and what I had in mind and he was enthusiastic about helping. I know I have to shift some track to make it all happen but was waiting until I had the building in my hands so I only had to move the track once to get it all aligned.

I hope he gets well soon.

Alas not Steve, it's one I came across on a trawl via fotopic a long time ago.... it did look familiar though as I think it's been published in a book somewhere. I've had a quick look in my hard drive but can't find it!

Edited by Rugd1022

Here's the Heljan hymek for Ranelagh bridge,

I intended to get a diesel detailing pack and the miniature ploughs from JLTRT at reading but a very expensive tooth extraction has scuppered that plan.

I'm still going but just to window shop, I will get the bits hopefully in a few weeks and it can be a Christmas project. I will need a set of Severn mill numbers and works plates as well.post-5983-0-85813700-1386096592_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 3

Yes mate car is home and fixed, the dentist trip was a surprise one, not something I'd planned before

Still at reading I'm picking up the life size well 7mm plans for RB Rob from WT has kindly offered to print it out on A3 sheets, so at least I've got something to put together.

Well I'm back from the Reading show armed with my templot plans,

So I had to get them out and have a little look,post-5983-0-64054500-1386444093_thumb.jpg

On shed this evening is my new tool Van built by Michelle Davidson and Compton castle

These plans are going to save me a lot of time as once laid out and spliced together I can build the boards to size.

Many thanks to Rob for printing these out.

• Like 4

Thats good news about the snow ploughs.

I hope to have a chat with Steve shortly and will get back to you about popping over. I hope its before Xmas as I have only got six more days free to pay you a visit then its off for Xmas and away until 6th Jan.

Gosh, then the Bristol show not many days later.

• Like 1

The first thing to change on 5043 was the tender crest the original press fix was lacking in detail and to yellow on colour.

So s new fox one was appliedpost-5983-0-20474600-1387267504_thumb.jpg

I then added the mechanical lubricator over flow pipe. The shiny new copper wire.

post-5983-0-48315400-1387267577_thumb.jpg

It needs to be toned down,

Lastly I need to add the two additional covers to the boiler as on 5099. All 4 row super heated boilers had them,

post-5983-0-35627300-1387267683_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Having a play around with my templot plans again today, hopefully this will turn into a reality in 2014, looking at the plans it does encourage me to get on with completing the railway room.post-5983-0-66167400-1387554722_thumb.jpg

The big box on the right of the tree contains D1000

post-5983-0-15192000-1387554795_thumb.jpg

On shed is

D7055 soon to be super detailed

Along with a few wagons.

Merry Christmas Nadolig Llawen

• Like 3