Foxcote New Pit - formerly Highbury Colliery

queensquare

Excellent day out today and thanks to Jerry for letting me play - I promise we'll sort out Mission:Bracknell!

Jerry - those kits from BHE look like shot down Jindenco, having done a little Google-ing. Reading around, they're 'fun' to build in 4mm so it'll be interesting to have a go in 2mm. Still, I've always wanted that LNWR chemical pan wagon, I just didn't know it!

Pix

Edited by Pixie
  • Like 1

They say there's a prototype for everything - an 08, an industrial and 2 car 108 DMU are presently running on the S&D at Midsomer Norton - but all in green.

Edited by 11D
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well Southampton was indeed an excellent weekend with a real feast of 2FS modelling. We had Mick and Yvonne Simpson next door with the superb Wansbeck Road, my helpers Tom E, Rich Brummit and Pixie all brought their new 2mm toys with them to play with and, to top it all, we won the 'Founders cup' for best in show - marvellous. Oh, and we had a really good curry on the saturday night. Many thanks to all.

The down side of the weekend was the very sad  news of the death of Paul Martin on Friday night. Paul was a close friend and long standing champion of all things 2mm and N and will be greatly missed. Paul, along with his wife Paula, had been one of the regular operators on Highbury over the years, I will miss his infectious 'hello matey' greeting.  Our thoughts are with Paula and the rest of his family and friends at this difficult time. RIP matey.

Jerry 

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Couple of snaps from Expo EM where on the Sunday we did our first all c.1970ish diesel day. Pixie provided the stock with my locos. The Teddy bear was the star performer although I'm not sure Pix had a full grasp on the size of the off-stage cassettes!! A really enjoyable weekend.

post-1074-0-52035100-1369002891_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-04220400-1369002920_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-48338900-1369002942_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I'm planning to launch Tardis Cassettes to the market shortly...

Pix

I'll order a gross. We could run the full length diverted Pines and that reverse blue/grey pullman of yours :sungum:

Jerry

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi

I'm an n gauge modeller and I want to use alternate couplings instead of rapido's. What couplings do you use as they blend in, and look more realistic.

Also, would they fit on an n gauge shassis

Thanks

I use DG couplings and with a bit of work they can be made to fit any chassis. I would recommend you have a look through this thread  

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/44897-2mm-couplings-options-choices-and-recommendations/

Jerry

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

With Tucking Mill now on the circuit Highbury doesn't leave the workshop all that often but we are at Cardiff this coming weekend - see   http://www.cardiffmodelrail.org.uk/

Come along and say hello. Simon and Andrew Grand will be helping us at various times over the weekend and hopefully bringing something 'innapropriate' to have a spin over the North Somerset Light.

Jerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As I will be a member of Somerset RMC I will suggest Tucking Mill for next year. I hope to call in one day at the exhibition this year but due to personal circumstances I am not helping with the event.

Don

• RMweb Gold

We had an excellent  time in Cardiff with Simon and Andy Grand providing great support, and a few guest locos - pictures of which I will post up in the next few days when I download them from my camera.

For now I thought I would add this which I snapped on my phone. The debate about layout height has been done many times and I don't want to enter in to it here, suffice to say that you will never please everybody. I favour a fairly high level view accepting that it will be too high for some. Here is my solution - a compromise but generally well received.

post-1074-0-47786000-1382647427_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have now updated my website with exhibition dates for Tucking Mill, Highbury and Wenfordbridge/Wadebridge for 2014. I will be adding photos of Tucking Mill over the next few days and hope to find time for a number of other updates over Christmas.

Jerry