Foxcote New Pit - formerly Highbury Colliery

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

A few pictures Kim took at StAlbans and Leamington on her phone.

post-1074-0-21632900-1328123026_thumb.jpg

..of course an S&D loco would have lifted this lot on its own! The locos are Rich Brummitt's pannier and 14xx on the test etches for the new 2mm Associations chassis kits with my 14xx, based on the Langley kit, in the middle. The train is entirely the work of Master Brummitt.

post-1074-0-93200600-1328123382_thumb.jpg

Missy Julia's holiday special!

post-1074-0-37971500-1328123572_thumb.jpg

Not the best picture but these are Rich Brummitt's lovely Siphons. Would be nice to get a better picture of these - Rich?

post-1074-0-04227900-1328123855_thumb.jpg

WillJ's railbus - afraid I know nothing about the prototype or model. Must admit its not my cup of tea at all but, in the unlikely event that lines like the North Somerset Light had survived into the 21st century, its this type of vehicle which would be running services .

post-1074-0-60532500-1328124116_thumb.jpg

Frome market day special - I have about double this number of cattle wagons now with several more on the way, they are a favourite type of mine. I would still like to add some sort of passenger accomadation to this train for farmers/market goers though not decided what yet. I envisage it being advertised in the public timetable as a weekly service mixed train - primarily cattle.

post-1074-0-48476900-1328124488_thumb.jpg

A quiet moment showing almost the entire layout. Jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 2

I think you need to divert those siphons into the sidings on Highbury, as the banana was - they were effectively backlit during the photo-session, making them too difficult to catch (specially with the "no flash" rule in effect).

There's a reasonable picture of them in the photo section of the VAG - pdm_3827small in the "2011 AGM and Competition" set. There's also a few other items scattered around that set which look strangely familiar...

Maybe the siphons could be re-routed via Wenford Bridge sometime soon, for a change?

David

post-1074-0-60532500-1328124116_thumb.jpg

Frome market day special - I have about double this number of cattle wagons now with several more on the way, they are a favourite type of mine. I would still like to add some sort of passenger accomadation to this train for farmers/market goers though not decided what yet. I envisage it being advertised in the public timetable as a weekly service mixed train - primarily cattle.

something like this for coaching stock in the train? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Graham-Farish-N-Gauge-Shredded-Wheat-Coaches-/180809722013?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2a1919689d

You may be interested to know that three new Association cattle wagon kits have been ordered from the etchers and should be in the shops in a month or so.

1. GNR/early LNER

2. late LNER

3. late LMS (also a BR diagram).

Probably only the first is in period for your layout though.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

You may be interested to know that three new Association cattle wagon kits have been ordered from the etchers and should be in the shops in a month or so.

1. GNR/early LNER

2. late LNER

Chris

Not sure I can realy justify any more 'foreign' cattle wagons but I can't resist them and will look forward to building one of the Great Northern ones. Is the kit on similar lines to your MR kits?

Jerry

ps Chris, there should be a pm in your inbox.

• RMweb Gold

something like this for coaching stock in the train? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1919689d

Hi David, probably will be 4 or 6 wheeled but not as crude as these old Farish offerings. I'm sure a 2mm member will produce an etch for something small and quirky that the Squire will find irresistable at some point!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Loved this layout when I went and saw it at Stonleigh. (I was the portly bloke in the grey coat). Genuinely hope to see it and yourselves on the circuit more this year!

Edit: Also, I humbly put myself forward to help cover you at another show if you fancy a break. The Stonleigh show was fantastic!

Hi, we had a great time at the Leamington show. The Stonleigh venue is one of the best we have been to and I'm sure the bright, airy nature contributed to the very relaxed feel of the exhibition. Do come and say hello next time you see us.

Jerry

Not the best picture but these are Rich Brummitt's lovely Siphons. Would be nice to get a better picture of these - Rich?

Look in my gallery. Unless you mean on the layout. I still need to ask the webmaster nicely if he'll add them to the member's products section of the website.

1. GNR/early LNER

Another one for the to-do list. Much cheaper than locos or coaches, thank goodness.

• RMweb Gold
Look in my gallery. Unless you mean on the layout. I still need to ask the webmaster nicely if he'll add them to the member's products section of the website.

Sorry Rich I forgot those although some more pictures of your stock generally on Highbury, taken in more controlled conditions, would be nice sometime

cheers Jerry

Edited by queensquare

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

What's this I see at Warley this year Jerry?

http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/2mm.htm

Hi Tim,

afraid its not what you think, Tucking Mill viaduct is very much a fixture at home. The Tucking Mill that is going to Warley is my new little North Somerset Light Railway terminus. I will be starting a thread on it soon, when I get a bit of time. There are some pictures of the bare track and boards earlier in this thread.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bored of this now so it will be my last comment on the subject but as I and others have noted and the photo clearly shows it is a GP tank, albeit an earlier and different incarnation than the one you showed.

Jerry

Nice project - sorry it's taken so long for me to read it through from the start.

Just one very minor point - the J69 style locos were called the "Holden Tank" for the GER/LNER version and "Standard Tank" for the LMS/SR version. I remember as I had several of them at one time. Just to confirm it, I have checked in a copy of a 1972 model railway magazine, where several stores advertise them as such.

Sorry to raise what seems to be a sore issue, but best to get it right!

1. GNR/early LNER

2. late LNER

Chris

These went to Shop 2 Friday. I still need to write the instructions though.

Chris

On the subject of cattle wagons, any news of Stuart Bailey's W2 entering production at all?

You'd need to ask him directly? From what I understand it will be offered privately (not through the association shops) and from the last time I spoke to him it is progressing slowly, but in the right direction. What does this have to do with Highbury Colliery? Nothing. Sorry.