Foxcote New Pit - formerly Highbury Colliery

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

I've got my miner's hat ready for the morning shift. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Andy, I've tidied up the workshop so access is pretty good!

The layout is covered in diesels at the moment as I'm still hopeful of having a c.1970 day on the sunday at Southampton. Will get the 1920's S&D stock out in the morning ready for you to point your camera at.

Jerry  

15th / 16th june?I'll have to check the diary but I'd definitely be interested.Might try and persuade the wife to come help... :)

:lol: Wigan was a fine show when I visited. The nightlife made Tyneside's finest look overdressed from what I remember from several years back though.

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to attempt to get the current loco project running by Southampton. It won't fit the 1920s theme though, sorry.

Since when has anyone needed to apologise for running something inappropriate on Highbury :sungum:

Look forward to seeing it Rich - any clues as to what it is?

The diesel situation for the c.1970 ish Sunday running is looking good although mainly light engine - still some way to go with getting stock ready.

Jerry 

Since when has anyone needed to apologise for running something inappropriate on Highbury :sungum:

Er, never. :-D

Look forward to seeing it Rich - any clues as to what it is?

I already posted on here about it. I spent a little while earlier today making some tweaks to the body and filling the boiler with rolled lead sheet. It won't have the correct tender for a while yet because I haven't finished the artwork for it. It will have a stand in from an Ixion Manor to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Over the Christmas/New Year period I pushed on with a number of projects that had been ongoing for some time.

First up is a Farish Teddy Bear. This has had the wheels turned down and replacement buffer beams and etched coupling rods courtesy of a very nice little etch from Pixie. I repainted the cab but ended up renumbering it as the same number Farish gave it, 9523, as I have a lovely picture of it at Bath Green Park taken by the late and much missed Rev Alan Newman.

post-1074-0-71241800-1358896801_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-50418600-1358896846_thumb.jpg

Next is the 08 from the Association kit. I have to say I'm really pleased with this. Its quite a complex kit to build mainly due to the need to avoid shorts around the chassis/footplate/double frame area area but can only applaud the design which is very clever. Finish will be filthy BR green, again following an Alan Newman picture taken at Radstock about 1968.

post-1074-0-86324600-1358897211_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-06106900-1358897236_thumb.jpg

Finally is 'Holly' the Hudswell Clarke based on a David Eveleigh etch. This is pure NSLR and I'm hoping to have it finished and painted for Railex at Aylesbury in May.

post-1074-0-79760900-1358897410_thumb.jpg

post-1074-0-12252200-1358897443_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 17

Lovely work Jerry! One little point, what colour are the wheels on the 14? They look like loco green in the snap? I must, must, must run off some more 14 bits sometime.

See you Sunday!

Pix

Edited by Pixie

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all. You should run off some more Pix as its a pretty straightforward conversion and the result is a sweet running loco. I wasn't sure what colour the wheels were meant to be so in typical Jerry fudge fashion they are mix of loco green, leather (Humbrol 62) and black with a generous dusting of weathering powders.

Indeed, see you sunday.

Jerry

Hehe - should be black with polished rims really Jerry, althought overall grime is probably the best bet for a Woking loco. The red connecting rods were also a preservation thing, they were unpainted in service. Now, where my adenoidal voice and tweed jacket?

Pix

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hehe - should be black with polished rims really Jerry, althought overall grime is probably the best bet for a Woking loco. The red connecting rods were also a preservation thing, they were unpainted in service. Now, where my adenoidal voice and tweed jacket? Pix

B****x, after turning the wheels are black with a polished rim and the rods a nice colour when soldered up and polished :senile:

Oh well at least I got you on the allocation. It was a St Philips Marsh loco, not Woking :sarcastichand:

Jerry

• Like 1

Jerry,

You've been hiding your loco-building light under a bushel! Two diesels (one actually finished) and two steam - not to mention John's delightful loco. All very impressive, keep up the good work.

Me I'm just churning-out buildings for Totnes.

John

• RMweb Gold

Jerry, You've been hiding your loco-building light under a bushel! Two diesels (one actually finished) and two steam - not to mention John's delightful loco. All very impressive, keep up the good work. Me I'm just churning-out buildings for Totnes. John

Thanks John, I'm getting there though I'm still arranging work swaps for the really tricky stuff. When I can build something to the standard of your Bulldog I will be happy.

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

Next is the 08 from the Association kit. I have to say I'm really pleased with this. Its quite a complex kit to build mainly due to the need to avoid shorts around the chassis/footplate/double frame area area but can only applaud the design which is very clever. Finish will be filthy BR green, again following an Alan Newman picture taken at Radstock about 1968.

Hi Jerry,

The locos look excellent, although personally I prefer my Hudswell Clarkes to look like this:http://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_the_duck/8103393854/in/pool-1191229@N23 for some reason.

Simon

Edited by 65179

I went down to the colliery today in the hope of catching some of this new fangled diesel traction in the sidings. Sadly it was rather late in the day by the time I had the camera set up and all I got was this nonsense 

post-8031-0-49285900-1359230472.jpg

post-8031-0-54584200-1359230468.jpg

post-8031-0-00685500-1359230464.jpg

The last one I dedicate to LdnPete :jester:

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

The last one I dedicate to LdnPete :jester:

He must be a new member around these parts...

Hope I get to see Highbury again soon Jerry...I have one or two blue boxes itching to play cameos....;)