Fuelling Point

Crisis Rail

Due to the completion and selling of CT (Castleton) I am attempting to faithfully model a fuelling point based generally on somewhere but nowhere in particular.I have detracted from naming it after "Street" or "Road" as it has become tedious even trying to think up a name that sounds vaguely correct and is not a real place.

The layout is my own perception of EWS - LOADHAUL late Sectorisation fuelling operations based on images and past experiences of what I have seen and visited over the years but not necessarily 100% prototypical.

post-7252-0-93180100-1307195392_thumb.jpg

Partially covered Inspection Pits (PECO Code 75)

post-7252-0-41269000-1307195438_thumb.jpg

General View

• Like 1

Looking good, is this going to be a working diorama of just the 2 tracks and the fuel point and its surroundings.

i like the covers for the inspection pits also

neil

Looking good, is this going to be a working diorama of just the 2 tracks and the fuel point and its surroundings.

i like the covers for the inspection pits also

neil

Yes quite minimal but high in detail just something to keep coming back to while we consider the next garage tailchaser - got to keep this one on the small side or divorce proceedings will ensue.....blink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Plated Code 75 Inspection pits / hardstanding sunk into baseboard - Bachmann Stoarage Tanks sourced Lineside Hut and modified Knightwing fuelling shelter for single road added although this is subject to change.

post-7252-0-60099600-1308079072_thumb.jpg

post-7252-0-51444100-1308079090_thumb.jpg

Scenic Break building

post-7252-0-38501400-1308084590_thumb.jpg

Gas tank / Compressor

post-7252-0-03251300-1308084575_thumb.jpg

Aerial View - Compact

post-7252-0-32207300-1308084511_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes quite minimal but high in detail just something to keep coming back to while we consider the next garage tailchaser - got to keep this one on the small side or divorce proceedings will ensue.....blink.gif

Hi

What are the inspection pit covers made out of? Looking forward to seing this layout progress.

Josh

Certainly was a good little place to model. Another one of those myth busters about stabling points being massive unmodelable (is that a word??) places.

Since fotopic has gone, there a barely any left off this place that I've found. although there are these:

2 08s in 1985

03s in the early 80s

Plus a close up photo in the book 'Modelling the British Rail era' by Fleming,Flint, Gibbons, Taylor. page 17

Sadly there is nothing left anymore.

Hiya

I like your inspection pit cover for fuel point so how you get long cover on pits

What i am look for cover for suitable ny diesel fuelling point

Look at the Second Photo down with the LH 60 - on the table (that needs creosote BTW......) in shot there is plasticard sheeting chequerplate - cut it into strips and glue.

Depicts redundant pits that I saw somewhere but cant remember where

Sourced from Mark at Transport Models Preston - on the web and mail order if your stuck for some. tell him Ian informed you as I need the discount. wink.gif

Reminds me a lot of the fueling point at Kings Lynn. Clicky clicky

I hear an echo.! :lol: That is definitaly worth a model. I'd incorporate the running lines and LC as well to display stock on for photos.

The little concrete section behind the signal and next to the light post: Would that be where the fuel was unloaded from tank wagons.?