Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Just to add a choice - Kernow have the DCR 31 for a whole penny less. Postage is the same. Thought would let those who don't use Hattons, for whatever reason, know.

Does anyone know if:

1. The Lima/Hornby Railroad body will fit to the DCR liveried Hornby chassis

2. If replacement bodies (that were originally fitted to the chassis) are available

Thanks,

Paul

Does anyone know if:

1. The Lima/Hornby Railroad body will fit to the DCR liveried Hornby chassis

2. If replacement bodies (that were originally fitted to the chassis) are available

Thanks,

Paul

If your aim is to rebody the chassis, I expect you can do it cheaper by buying the chassis only, for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-class-31-chassis-/152113000264?hash=item236aa42f48:g:Zq8AAOSwOVpXUEFC

I have also bought the latest Hornby bodies on ebay in the past.

Chris

Just got a bargain from Sawyer Models, sorry it was the last one, but I'm not surprised at their prices. ;)

dfghh.png

That is a good price! You can barely get one brand new loco for that price these days...

That is a good price! You can barely get one brand new loco for that price these days...

That was my exact thought, I've found a few bargains from there before by checking their website. The only problem is this buy was a little bit of an impulse one. I guess that happens when you find a bargain though.

Just got a bargain from Sawyer Models, sorry it was the last one, but I'm not surprised at their prices. ;)

dfghh.png

Can still be had from Sheffield for a fraction more at £149.50.  

Usual satisfied customer disclaimer blah blah blah......

Cheers,

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Called in at Sedbergh Tourist Information Centre, excellent info. But it also sells second hand books and had a good sellection on railway books. I got a couple of bargains, but left plenty for everyone else.

Hopefully this is of use to people -

Hereford Model Centre have all of the recently released Dapol HIA Stone hoppers in stock, at a bargain prce of £21.16.

According to their website, they currently have the following numbers in stock:

4f-026-001 x 12

4f-026-002 x 11

4f-026-003 x 14

4f-026-004 x 15

4f-026-005 x 7

4f-026-006 x 16

I've just sorted a rake or two out... Enjoy!

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully this is of use to people -

Hereford Model Centre have all of the recently released Dapol HIA Stone hoppers in stock, at a bargain prce of £21.16.

According to their website, they currently have the following numbers in stock:

4f-026-001 x 12

4f-026-002 x 11

4f-026-003 x 14

4f-026-004 x 15

4f-026-005 x 7

4f-026-006 x 16

I've just sorted a rake or two out... Enjoy!

Just when I thought I had spending under control this month....

Cheers for that :-)

• RMweb Premium

Ian Allan in Birmingham have added their remaining stocks of Hornby Track to the sale table

(Probably about 40 to 50 pieces)

R8077/8 points £8

R614/5 crossings £8

R620 Re-railer/Uncoupler £3

R8206 Power Feed £3

R618 Isolating Track£4.50

Plenty of points and crossings with a few Re-railers/isolators/power feeds

There were also some Scenix buildings at about 40% off the RRP and a Bachmann low relief Gas Holder for £10 (It has damaged handrails)

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The email does say these are a new batch of models only available from DCC Concepts,

Gary

Thanks - not got the email myself. It seems to me that they have swapped the number packs around the blank locos. There doesn't appear to be any new names/numbers on offer, though it's easy enough to get alternatives of course.

Thanks - not got the email myself. It seems to me that they have swapped the number packs around the blank locos. There doesn't appear to be any new names/numbers on offer, though it's easy enough to get alternatives of course.

The staff member who served me at DEMU said they were special editions that Dapol had not done.

• RMweb Gold

But as the locos don't come with number or namplates fixed to the model, and there are no new numbers and names on offer, this doesn't amount to much. Just a shuffling of the existing pack. But still a good price for a great model.

• RMweb Premium

Keith you beat me to it we may have passed each other as I popped in whilst on my break this morning about 10am

cheers

Colin

I was in about 2pm so we would not have met!

Keith

Archived